TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laura & Rufdraft,

My plan has always been to head to NC on Friday, come home Friday night, and then return to NC on Saturday. Now that I've learned that my boys' soccer games on Saturday are late morning games, I'm just getting a later start that day.

My offer to pick Laura up on Friday still stands.

I may come as well... if it's ok :)

Not sure if I'll come down Fri. night or Sat. morning.

I'll let you know

Jay

Jay -

It would be great to meet you. Your work won me a Dyno shootout last weekend. I didn't think I'd be in the running, but my 570 stood up. An 07 Z06 with a Paxton s/c came up with 565. I put up a thread on this. See you next weekend!

Hi DigIt - apologies. I guess it was assumed you would be tied up with family affairs from your post.

I just think you guys are wonderful to offer the rides - speechless.

No worries, I should've clarified in my earlier post.

Guest markham51

:sos:

I am not sure Ill have the GT500 for the event. It is at Tasca getting SS'd and may not be ready by the 18th. Im considering a couple of options:

Option A: bring the Vette.

(Pro: its in garage already, event attendees could try it out, low cost)

(cons: its not a Mustang)

Option B: rent a Shelby GT-H from Hertz

(Pros: its a nice looking car, we have never had one at event, its a Mustang!)

(cons: not sure where i could rent one??? or how far I would have to drive out of my way to pick it up or drop it off, cost?) Any Hertz rental suggestions? I know they are avail only at certain airports.

Option C: fly to Canada and pick up my convert in Toronto

(Pros: its a nice car and I love converts in Spring)

(Cons: its a long drive there and back and a bunch of money...air tickets etc)

Your thoughts? :sos:

I am not sure Ill have the GT500 for the event. It is at Tasca getting SS'd and may not be ready by the 18th. Im considering a couple of options:

(cons: not sure where i could rent one??? or how far I would have to drive out of my way to pick it up or drop it off, cost?) Any Hertz rental suggestions? I know they are avail only at certain airports.

I had more options last time. B)

I say go with A, unless there is a GT-H within reasonable proximity.

Guest markham51
I checked once and Charlotte airport has the Shelby. I don't know how close that is to Mark.

Raleigh is 2 hrs closer. Im going to check there. It is 2 hours from me.

Raleigh is 2 hrs closer. Im going to check there. It is 2 hours from me.

I vote for Plan B...

If your rent a GT-H in Raleigh, you can meet Stan (ShelbyCobra826) and I in Wake Forest at noon time Friday and cruise with us. Wake Forest is less than 30 minutes from the airport Hertz location where they keep the Shelby's......... Think about it!

Carl

Guest markham51
I vote for Plan B...

If your rent a GT-H in Raleigh, you can meet Stan (ShelbyCobra826) and I in Wake Forest at noon time Friday and cruise with us. Wake Forest is less than 30 minutes from the airport Hertz location where the keep the Shelby's......... Think about it!

Carl

I just checked and they are out of Shelbys for that weekend :cry:

Guest markham51
I like option A. Might provide some...stimulating stop light encounters of the best kind! :shift:

I was thinking the same thing. To say nothing of some other comparisons. It would provide an opportunity for some to get up close and personal with one.

Good Form! :happy feet:

I've already got an idea for a photo op! We'll put your Vette in the center and then we'll circle around with the Mustangs!! :hysterical2:

And/Or - we can line up all the Mustangs door to door - then have the Vette all by itself across from the them - facing the Stangs! :happy feet:

And - we might line up all the Mustangs double-file on Route 12 and have the Vette act as a Pace Car! We'd have to have someone in front of the Vette taking the shots!!

(probably a Vert)

More: If the person in the car ahead of the Vette had a video cam - they could shoot maybe 15 or 30 seconds of the cars - then pull off to the shoulder - let the pace car pull off into a shopping center and the Mustangs get the green flag and drive past the stopped video car!!!!!

Let's see the West Coast boys top this! :happy feet:

Laura & Rufdraft,

My plan has always been to head to NC on Friday, come home Friday night, and then return to NC on Saturday. Now that I've learned that my boys' soccer games on Saturday are late morning games, I'm just getting a later start that day.

My offer to pick Laura up on Friday still stands.

Just let me know what your intentions are Dig-It. I have no timeline to keep that Friday/weekend. I'm going to give Laura a call tonight.

Option B isn't bad! ;)

By the way, I see you live in Wilmington (well some of the time anyways)! I'm right next door in Hampstead or at least my house is. I am stationed in Norfolk right now but I come home just about every weekend. You don't own the white GT500 I see around town do you? Ooops, never mind, I just read your signature. I see you don't have a white one but you do have a pretty big barn I see. :D

And, he's got a very big heart! :happy feet:

Matt - are you still coming through this Sunday?

As of right now - the weather looks good for Brats on the grill!

Monday might be a day off so if it is, then I won't be coming through until Monday afternoon. If Monday isn't a day off, then Sunday night! I'll let you know by Saturday my intentions. Brats do sure sound good! :happy feet: What am I bringing...more italian bread? :hysterical:

Monday might be a day off so if it is, then I won't be coming through until Monday afternoon. If Monday isn't a day off, then Sunday night! I'll let you know by Saturday my intentions. Brats do sure sound good! :happy feet: What am I bringing...more italian bread? :hysterical:

Sunday or Monday is fine! We've got buns for the brats. How about a small Whitman's sampler for C? She loves chocolate! :happy feet:

If I grill some brats - how about some seasoned french fries and baked beans?

Sunday or Monday is fine! We've got buns for the brats. How about a small Whitman's sampler for C? She loves chocolate! :happy feet:

If I grill some brats - how about some seasoned french fries and baked beans?

Ok, you got a deal! I like fries and beans. :D I will see what kind of chocolates I can find for the young lady. Just FYI, if I come up Sunday I probably won't leave my place till 4pm, so it would be about 6 by the time I got there. Is that too late?

Guest markham51
Good Form! :happy feet:

I've already got an idea for a photo op! We'll put your Vette in the center and then we'll circle around with the Mustangs!! :hysterical2:

And/Or - we can line up all the Mustangs door to door - then have the Vette all by itself across from the them - facing the Stangs! :happy feet:

And - we might line up all the Mustangs double-file on Route 12 and have the Vette act as a Pace Car! We'd have to have someone in front of the Vette taking the shots!!

(probably a Vert)

More: If the person in the car ahead of the Vette had a video cam - they could shoot maybe 15 or 30 seconds of the cars - then pull off to the shoulder - let the pace car pull off into a shopping center and the Mustangs get the green flag and drive past the stopped video car!!!!!

Let's see the West Coast boys top this! :happy feet:

Great ideas! We will make the most of it for sure!

Archived