TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup

rpretzel

Just thought I'd post up a reminder for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup. The event is June 12 - 15 in Steamboat Springs, CO. Hurry up and get your registration in: www.rmmr.org. It fills up fast.

I just registered today...got a spot for the Autocross too. I can't wait to test out the new suspension!! :happy feet: The wife is a little nervous, but I'm sure she'll do fine.

We're going up Wednesday and staying at the Steamboat Grand Hotel.

Anyone else planning on going up Wednesday? Let's caravan up.

• 4 weeks later...

I will also be there. Already pre-registered back in December. Unfortunately won't be goign up until very early on Thursday morning (up there in time for the cruise). Hopefully will see y'all there!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just thought I'd post up a reminder for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup. The event is June 12 - 15 in Steamboat Springs, CO. Hurry up and get your registration in: www.rmmr.org. It fills up fast.

I just registered today...got a spot for the Autocross too. I can't wait to test out the new suspension!! :happy feet: The wife is a little nervous, but I'm sure she'll do fine.

We're going up Wednesday and staying at the Steamboat Grand Hotel.

Anyone else planning on going up Wednesday? Let's caravan up.

WE'RE GOING UP WEDNESDAT AM---NOT SURE WHAT TIME---STAYING AT THE GRAND--WILL TRY TO STAY IN TOUCH.

BOB

Will do! We do meet up at the Mimi's Cafe for breakfast at 14265 W Colfax, at Colorado Mills shopping center and leave from there. I'll let you know what time when I have it.

• 1 month later...
Thought I would bump this up since the event is next week.

Two things: 1) Are you going to the event?, and 2) when are you headed to Steamboat?

My wife and I are headed up from Colorado Springs right after lunch on Wednesday.

See y'all there.

Wes

I went to Steamboat last year. It definitely was a fun time. We're passing it up this year and going to Sturgis instead. Wish I could go to both, but one of us in the household still has a job.

Hey Jeff. What time are y'all meeting up?

I'm up in Watkins Glen, New York right now working the 6 hour Rolex race tomorrow. They are talking about the meeting time for Wednesday morning at tonights Mustang Club meeting, so as soon as I find out what they talked about, I'll let you all know. Probably at 9:00 am at Mimi's off of Colfax at I-70.

Here's the RMMR weather forecast per accuweather.com as of today:

Wednesday: Partly sunny & breezy. High: 60*, Low: 35*

Thursday: Partly Sunny. High: 62*, Low: 37*

Friday: Abundant sunshine. High: 72*, Low: 42*

Saturday: Mostly sunny. High: 79*, Low: 46*

Sunday: Sunshine. High: 81*, Low: 46*

Starts out a bit chilly, but warms up nicely.

Thursday's forcast is now high of 45 with rain and snow. Oh boy! Bring your coats! At lease Friday and Saturday still look very good. Should be a very nice day for a show on Saturday. Not quite as warm as I would like, but will still be very nice. I think the mountain tour on Thursday may be very lightly attended if this forcast holds out.

Thursday's forcast is now high of 45 with rain and snow. Oh boy! Bring your coats! At lease Friday and Saturday still look very good. Should be a very nice day for a show on Saturday. Not quite as warm as I would like, but will still be very nice. I think the mountain tour on Thursday may be very lightly attended if this forcast holds out.

Ouch! Hope they're wrong (weather folks often are around here). If they turn out to be right, I guess that's what bars with fireplaces are for!

tequila.gif

The 9News forecast seems to be a bit brighter.

Had an incredible time at the RMMR. This was our first one, and we can't wait for next year. The weather was beautiful, and we met a ton of great folks. Our first time running autocross was a blast. I got 8th place in my class with a 41.404 time. Not too bad for a rookie. A little HA HA!!!! to Scott. :hysterical: The car show was incredible. 470 mustangs all in one place is quite a site. Not sure how a clone sneaked into the Shelby class ( and won an award). A lot of people weren't too happy about that, but what are you going to do.

I have to second Rick that RMMR was a blast! It was our first time as well. The weather was wonderful (other than the snow over Hoosier Pass on Wednesday night). The autocross was a heck of alot of fun. I ended up with a 5th at 40.88. My last run, the starter got me all amped up that I was doing well and that I needed to go for it. :happy feet: Somehow that translated into me sliding across the infield of the last set of turns and sending a course worker running. So a little egg on my face as I finished with a DNF. :censored::hysterical: Rick, do you know how many cars were in the LSM class? The car show was great and I met alot of great people. Dean, it was nice to meet you and see the one other SGT/SC in the show. Its amazing that we picked up our cars just two weeks apart in LV last fall. We skipped the breakfast Sunday to get an early start home and the drive out of Steamboat was beautiful. Its great to live in Colorado. Already looking forward to next year.

I got 8th place in my class with a 41.404 time. Not too bad for a rookie. A little HA HA!!!! to Scott. :hysterical:

:finger: My best time was 41.668, I'll get you next year but this time I will have more power, no passengers and have my wife driving :banvictory: Did you tell them how well Shannon did, I think she did awesome handling that beast! It was great to hang out with both of you, I'm already looking forward to next year! :beerchug:

We had a great time as well except for the ride home, we witness a motorcycle accident, he was following too close and hit the car in front of him when traffic slowed from 65 to about 50 almost recovered then high sided a Harley(the big one with hard bags). We stopped and helped, at first he was complaining about his back but the time the ambulance showed it was his shoulder and I could see his wrist was broken. Thank God nobody hit him with a car or it would have been alot worse. Definetly freeked my wife out and said "I'm glad you don't ride motorcycles anymore" I tried to argue the point and as most of you know it's a lost cause so I agreed and carried on.

Archived