TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shaker 500 upgrade?

kaiserkreb

Hey all, just curious if anyone knows if it is possible to obtain the parts necessary to upgrade the shaker 500 to a 1000. I'd like to keep the stereo factory until it asplodes, and while it is great right now, I would enjoy having the extra subs and amp in the trunk for a bit more kick. I would think that the stereo simply has an unused connection somewhere towards the trunk that would allow for the expansion of the stereo but I could be way off base there. Any thoughts? I realize this is geared more towards a plain mustang question but I'm here right now so I figured I would pick some brains anyways. =)

Darren

Hey all, just curious if anyone knows if it is possible to obtain the parts necessary to upgrade the shaker 500 to a 1000. I'd like to keep the stereo factory until it asplodes, and while it is great right now, I would enjoy having the extra subs and amp in the trunk for a bit more kick. I would think that the stereo simply has an unused connection somewhere towards the trunk that would allow for the expansion of the stereo but I could be way off base there. Any thoughts? I realize this is geared more towards a plain mustang question but I'm here right now so I figured I would pick some brains anyways. =)

Darren

ANYTHING is possible, worth it? I'm not so sure but as a former owner of a car with the 1000 it was nice to have the extra base at times! You're right though there a lot of threads on this topic all over the mustang general forums on many different sites. The head unit and parts can be found used if you keep your eyes open to junk yards and ebay. Then it's a pretty simple install anyone with auto stereo experience can accomplish. At least from what I've read.

Archived