TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Sightings

CMCVette

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I had a 40th Anniv. Special Edition WS6 Firebird, they had a "WS6 Sightings" thread online that was always fun- people would post whenever they saw one, & then they'd find out who was in their area. The SGTs are so rare, this may not work, but I thought I'd give it a try & start such a lead ---- so as you spot another SGT on the road, post it here & let's see if this is worth doing! Let the sightings & reportings begin!

Hey I'm down in Myrtle beach S.C for mustang week and so far I'm the only SGT and people swarm my car to bad no else attends this great show we hung out at Hooters today about 200 cars and just about everyone put on a show leaving we all cruised up to Darrington to race. Great time Car show tommorrow. I drove from northern NY and also never saw a SGT.

Can't wait until I go to Tasca Ford in Sept. - that way I can post that I sighted some SGT's other than my own!

Hey I'm down in Myrtle beach S.C for mustang week and so far I'm the only SGT and people swarm my car to bad no else attends this great show we hung out at Hooters today about 200 cars and just about everyone put on a show leaving we all cruised up to Darrington to race. Great time Car show tommorrow. I drove from northern NY and also never saw a SGT.

Hey Racer X- It was nice meeting you yesterday in Myrtle Beach.... I had the white SGT in the show. Saw another white SGT and a HTZ both in the show. Met couple other owners. Nice meeting you guys too!

Early at the car thow there was an 06 HTZ for sale with $36k written on the window. I think it sold in a couple hours.

Today-Saturday is the cruise in. Hope to see more SGTs :lurk:

Hey CARNUT12, there is another white SGT in Massachusetts-just down the road from you in Walpole, MA

I’ve had my SGT for 9 months and between my son & me, we have seen a total of ZERO SGT’s.

Ilmor, are you entering your SGT at the Tasca event in September, or just attending? I’m thinking of entering mine.

http://www.tasca.com/custom/mustang.pdf

Hey CARNUT12, there is another white SGT in Massachusetts-just down the road from you in Walpole, MA

I’ve had my SGT for 9 months and between my son & me, we have seen a total of ZERO SGT’s.

Ilmor, are you entering your SGT at the Tasca event in September, or just attending? I’m thinking of entering mine.

http://www.tasca.com/custom/mustang.pdf

My thought is that if I am coming all that distance I may as well enter. Is there anything special about entering, i.e., do I just drive in and enter the show? Of course, I know I should clean her up a bit, but that may be a bit tough to do after the drive there gets it all dirty....

My thought is that if I am coming all that distance I may as well enter. Is there anything special about entering, i.e., do I just drive in and enter the show? Of course, I know I should clean her up a bit, but that may be a bit tough to do after the drive there gets it all dirty....

You can always do what a few member's did last year and clean her up at my house before heading into the show. I live about 7 miles from Tasca.

Your welcome if you would like.

Roger

I was down on Saturday (yesterday) and I saw:

07SGT1112

07SGT4494 white 5 speed coupe

07SGT2957 white 5 speed coupe

07SGT3101

07SGT???? can't make it out in picture

07SGT4261 Black supercharged coupe

As I was leaving, saw another white coupe...so 7 SGTs in 1 day.

Mine was the only 08 I saw.

weird, as I was turning left yesterday, another Shelby pulled up to turn right. I didn't have time ta take a good look but it was a convertible and was silver...

Hope I get ta talk to the owner n see what year and CSM # it is.....

didnt think they made silver......

oops....guess it was a 500

looked good though

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a '08 Vista Blue SGT at the monthly cruise in at Oakboro NC today. The owner wasn't around. Anyone on the board? Anyone in the area check out the Cruise-in. It's the 4th Friday of each month, year round and basically is the entire town of Oakboro. Several hundred cars of all types from all over the state. Worth a drive.

Jim

While my wife and I were on the road this afternoon heading to Atlanta to see family, just inside the GA border on I85 south I look up in my rearview mirror and what do I see closing on me fast? It was a Black SGT, so I move over a lane and they pull up beside me and give us a thumbs-up. I ended up following them for a few miles until they got off the interstate just outside of Atlanta.

Not sure if you’re a forum member or not? It had a NC “Bronze Star” plate with the number TM66 I think? The SGT also had the CS center on the faux cap along with a stock GT rear wing.

If you’re on here, that was fun! I was telling my wife before we hit the road there was no way we’d see another one on the road, boy was I wrong………

In Cleveland, OH - Near Legacy Village -was driving along Cedar Rd. I had the windows down on my no-name rental car with the music on and heard the signature, sweet, roar of a V8 from my left. When I turned to see what it was. . . . . I saw black mustag, then saw gold stripes and realized it was a GT-H!! MAN did that car sound nice! That was the first time I'd heard the exhaust note from a Shelby GT outside of my own.

Trevor

07 SGT 4143 (black).... Parked in front of the sports bar at Clairmont square today. I stopped off for a sec (in my 06 vert) to take a look.

Nice clean car! no misshapen scoop or spotted stripes (like mine). I think I've seen this one before, driving round my area in San Diego.

Do you post on this board? drop me a line.

Archived