TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Sightings

CMCVette

When I had a 40th Anniv. Special Edition WS6 Firebird, they had a "WS6 Sightings" thread online that was always fun- people would post whenever they saw one, & then they'd find out who was in their area. The SGTs are so rare, this may not work, but I thought I'd give it a try & start such a lead ---- so as you spot another SGT on the road, post it here & let's see if this is worth doing! Let the sightings & reportings begin!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I had a 40th Anniv. Special Edition WS6 Firebird, they had a "WS6 Sightings" thread online that was always fun- people would post whenever they saw one, & then they'd find out who was in their area. The SGTs are so rare, this may not work, but I thought I'd give it a try & start such a lead ---- so as you spot another SGT on the road, post it here & let's see if this is worth doing! Let the sightings & reportings begin!

Will do but I suspect I won't be posting much. In my first 3 months of ownership I haven't seen another in the Charlotte area :waiting:

Jim

I don't even know if there's more than half a dozen in Canada, let alone another one in Saskatchewan, but I'll keep an eye out. lol

I've noticed lots of replica types though, with the striping and some different bodywork. Nothing that compares though really. =)

On another note, I sure get alot of waves from people I've never met/seen before in my life. I suppose all the attention comes with the territory though from owning a Shelby. I get a kick out of people stopping in their tracks and staring at my car until I'm out of view, I like to give them a little rumble as I speed off into the distance.

NO BS no lie story! I swear this is true. Before I bought my car I had NEVER seen one on the road. I had seen a few inside a dealer showroom but never on the road. I brought mine home and cleaned it up. I then went out for a drive. As I pulled out of my subdivision I looked over into the traffic ahead of me that I had merged into, and right there the next car, as a black SGT! Ended up we were both going to the post office and he too commented he had never seen another on the road. It was just freakishly strange I would pull out right behind him.

There is at least one other black one in the Canton, OH area. I saw it a week or two before Christmas. I was just telling my wife yesterday that once all the ones that are still sitting in the showrooms are sold, I hope they aren't all over this area and you see them all the time...

Do you work at Time Warner Cable off Arrowood Rd and is your CSM# 166?

Robert

No Robert, I'm retired from Duke Energy and my # is 1639. Does someone at Time Warner have a SGT?

Jim

The Atlanta area north side no sighting's in the last 7 months, SGT or GT500.I hope it stays that way, it's kind of cool. I remember when i had one of the first 05 Mustang GT's in the area i felt like i was driving a Ferarri. This lasted for a good 6 months or so. The funny thing was the dealer sold me the car on the A-plan .

No Robert, I'm retired from Duke Energy and my # is 1639. Does someone at Time Warner have a SGT?

Jim

I do not know if they work specifically for Time Warner, there is one other company in the building. However, Time Warner is a customer of mine and when I was visiting them on December 10th, right up front in the parking lot was #166. It is White, 5-Speed, Black Interior. The car did have NC plates on it.

I live in Atlanta and was suprised to see the car. I have a White one as well and I know of only one other White car and two Black ones in the Atlanta area.

Robert

:waiting:

Just to make you feel better-I've seen yours on the road Jeff! Can't wait til spring when we can all do it again! There is 1 other SGT in my little town-never seen it on the road, but saw it in the Tire Lube express at the local Wal-mart!!

Just to make you feel better-I've seen yours on the road Jeff! Can't wait til spring when we can all do it again! There is 1 other SGT in my little town-never seen it on the road, but saw it in the Tire Lube express at the local Wal-mart!!

Spring can't get there soon enough!

Will do but I suspect I won't be posting much. In my first 3 months of ownership I haven't seen another in the Charlotte area :waiting:

Jim

When I pick mine up next month after coming home from Afghanistan I will have to swing by Charlotte with it since my sister-in-law lives there and you site my 08 as I site yours... that way we will have two postings.

v/r

Jason

only seen one other sittin at the Ford dealership it was white like mine. last time i was there it was early november, but it was gone...dont know if it sold. havent seen any other on the road...i know there is another member on here that lives around here and owns one but havent sighted him.

When I pick mine up next month after coming home from Afghanistan I will have to swing by Charlotte with it since my sister-in-law lives there and you site my 08 as I site yours... that way we will have two postings.

v/r

Jason

Jason, that sounds great. PM me when you know more and I'll we'll set something up. I live in Matthews, about 15 miles east of downtown Charlotte. What part of Carolina are you from? Enjoy the SGT. Oh, and most important, thanks for serving in Afghanistan.

Jim

Jason, that sounds great. PM me when you know more and I'll we'll set something up. I live in Matthews, about 15 miles east of downtown Charlotte. What part of Carolina are you from? Enjoy the SGT. Oh, and most important, thanks for serving in Afghanistan.

Jim

Jim,

I will let you know when I pick it up, looks like the mid March right now. I live just outside of Sanford, NC.

Jason

Archived