TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Sightings

CMCVette

Took a drive from Houston to Austin on Monday. No Shelbys. Boy the bugs are bad out there and now I got bug guts all over my car. :fan:

So I'm walking around downtown Austin and thought I would go scope out some places near the capital to take pictures of my car. I walked right up on 07SGT0507. It was parked in a pretty good spot so I took some test pictures. post-17244-1209593293.jpg

Also found another unexpected vehicle on a walk around town todaypost-17244-1209593324.jpg

post-17244-1209593293.jpg

post-17244-1209593324.jpg

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotted a black SGT with aluminium 1/4 window covers when I was getting onto I-35 this afternoon, just east of Emporia, KS. Tried to catch up with it before the exit I took in Emporia :superhero: , but had wife and her grandparents in the car with me :doh: and did not want to scare them :hysterical: !

Took a drive from Houston to Austin on Monday. No Shelbys. Boy the bugs are bad out there and now I got bug guts all over my car. :fan:

So I'm walking around downtown Austin and thought I would go scope out some places near the capital to take pictures of my car. I walked right up on 07SGT0507. It was parked in a pretty good spot so I took some test pictures. 07SGT0507r.jpg

Also found another unexpected vehicle on a walk around town today12.jpg

507 is a member here, right?

didnt site an SGT but i went to Best Buy and when i came back out to leave there were 2 mustangs parked on each side of me. :huh:

one was an older model fox body red convertable with a 5.0 :happy feet: and the other was a silver color late model with temporary tags. must have just been purchased.

finally saw another sgt on the road which was not an event. Was a SGT/SC! spotted in Cary, Il. three oaks road about 2pm. Unfortunately was in the wifes explorer tried to run him down but lost him. If he is on here ring out...we have a happening on May 24. Steve

finally saw another sgt on the road which was not an event. Was a SGT/SC! spotted in Cary, Il. three oaks road about 2pm. Unfortunately was in the wifes explorer tried to run him down but lost him. If he is on here ring out...we have a happening on May 24. Steve

Guess you can tell when it's a nice day around here!

Last weekend I drove from Omaha, NE to Parsons, KS (through Kansas City). Then over to Spring Field, MO and back to Omaha.

I did not see one Shelby SGT or GT 500 on the road all 850 miles.

Where is everyone? :unsure:

White SGT driving north on Rt 94 just past Kenosha WI at about 1:50PM?

Anyone?

That would be White Ligtnin. My Son & I were out for a spin and he saw you a 1/2 mile away. Too bad we couldn't of met up somewhere. I guess we'll have to meet up in Elgin on the 18th. :yup:

That would be White Ligtnin. My Son & I were out for a spin and he saw you a 1/2 mile away. Too bad we couldn't of met up somewhere. I guess we'll have to meet up in Elgin on the 18th. :yup:

I suspected it might be you! Your son has good eyes! You've trained him well! ;)

Yes, looking forward to the 18th!

See ya soon!

I saw an '08 Blue Convertible Shelby at Marie's Pizza in Wadsworth last night... are you on this forum?

Was it a SGT or a GT500?

I'm thinking that most of us have a better chance of getting struck by lightning, than seeing another SGT. :lurk:

Was it a SGT or a GT500?

I'm thinking that most of us have a better chance of getting struck by lightning, than seeing another SGT. :lurk:

You would think but last weekend I almost got hit by one! See my post in the Midwest forum but last weekend I entered a curve and just as I was at the apex a black SGT, going WAY WAY WAY to fast for the small road and sharp turn literally came out of nowhere and almost crossed into my lane and hit me. I mean seriously what are the chances! Can you imagine the probability or an accident with another SGT?

I turned around but the guy was gone....so far no one has owned up to being the driver.

You would think but last weekend I almost got hit by one! See my post in the Midwest forum but last weekend I entered a curve and just as I was at the apex a black SGT, going WAY WAY WAY to fast for the small road and sharp turn literally came out of nowhere and almost crossed into my lane and hit me. I mean seriously what are the chances! Can you imagine the probability or an accident with another SGT?

I turned around but the guy was gone....so far no one has owned up to being the driver.

Could have been a white SGT. Due to the doppler effect, white SGT's can often appear to be black at high speeds... :lol:

SEF

AKA

As was previously posted by somebody else, I too had NEVER seen an SGT on the road. I saw a Hertz convert. on display at a home and remodeling show in Oct 2007. I don't know what this had to do with remodelng your house except maybe a way to dress up your garage. I did see rows and rows of Mustangs at the factory in Vegas when I went to the AC Delco National drags that same October.

I basically bought my black 07SGT2940 sight unseen from the local dealer. I did my deal over the phone and didn't see the car until I went to sign the papers. It was snowing so hard, added to freeway "rush"hour and Christmas shoppng gridlock, that I didn't want to test drive it.

In April 2008, I spotted my first SGT on the road besides mine. There is a white SGT in the Park City, UT area. I entered my car in the Northern Utah Mustang Owners show and shine at our local Ford dealership on 5/3/08. There was one other SGT on display, black #393 I think, from Murray, UT.

We are a rare breed indeed.

Erik

South Jordan, UT

There are so many SGT's around me the car has become common. People don't even look anymore....

I even had the manager/owner(?) of a jewelry store stop me in Mesquite at the mall (my wife was wearing her SGT shirt and he wanted one) to tell me about his two Shelby's (SGT and GT 500) and how he traded in his 07 SGT for an 08 SGT. I gave him this web address but I guess he hasn't signed up yet.

There is one less than 2 miles from me and I live in BFE! There are three (two SGT's and 1 500) in the town I work with more on the way according to the FORD dealership. Two or three in the next town up. And then we get to Dallas where they are everywhere.....

I saw a black SGT on Rt. 120 in Hainesville Illinois at about 6am. I was in my Shelby and waved.I dont think she noticed. This is the only black SGT Ive seen in my neighborhood.

Man our exhaust is quiet when at cruising speed.

Sorry Jeff! :superhero:

Was it a SGT or a GT500?

It was a SGT, parked right on the end by the new outdoor area. Great looking car, my girlfriend and I both broke our necks confirming that it was an SGT.

The day I was leaving to pick up my car I was a little preoccupied worrying about driving almost 4 hours to buy a car I had never seen in person. I almost pulled out in front of a black 07 SGT with a Shelby winshield banner on Tchulahoma in Southaven, MS. Then when I got back into to town at midnight I stopped to get gas and the same car pulled in. Talked to the guy a little he seemed really tired so didn't press it.

On a side note halfway to the dealership, somewhere around Tupelo, MS I saw a Torch red GT500 with white stripes. I took both sightings as good omens!

Wow... I stand corrected! Sounds like a lot of them are clustered in certain areas.

I think there's a couple here on the forum in or around MA, but other than them, I've not seen any. To tell you the truth, I kinda like it that way... :)

I am not an SGT owner but I did spot a black 07 on S. Lamar and a blue 08 on Riverside in Austin Texas......

I sure like these cars................................

Laurence

SGT wannabe

Archived