TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Sightings

CMCVette

.... I think I'm in love all over again with another mustang.

Some people understand car guys like us, some people don't. I'm glad I found this forum and hopefully being a novice with Shelby products won't make me seem like an idiot.

Thanks guys.

Proud owner:

2008 shelby Gt. #08sgt0339.

I understand the feeling very well! Congratulations on the purchase, and welcome!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Gentlemen. I wanted to give someBackground on me since I am new to thisSite and Shelby. Recently I was in a terrible car accident with my 2005 v6 mustang. It may have been a v6, but I absolutely loved that car. It was a gorgeous alloy metallic with a cloth convertible top. Recently I began the search to fill that void. I didn't think I could get another S197 until I found a beautiful 2008 shelby Gt.I've always loved the GT500 and hadn't really heard of the Shelby Gt. Upon doing my research I knew this was the car I've always wanted. The Shelby Gt has a 5 speed manual, and a thunderous growl when started. I think I'm in love all over again with another mustang.Some people understand car guys like us, some people don't. I'm glad I found this forum and hopefully being a novice with Shelby products won't make me seem like an idiot.Thanks guys.Proud owner:2008 shelby Gt. #08sgt0339.

Amen bro!!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Vista Blue vert yesterday afternoon1:00 ish on FM 78 near the Firewheel in Saschse. Anyone on hear? Curious because I'll be moving from Illinois to the area in the next few months. Need to figure out who's in the area and if any of the Gals and Guys in the area there get together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Black SGT westbound on Aero Drive past the SDPD substation and Montgomery Field, 12:15 pm, Monday, 24 March 2014. I didn't get to see the driver, but the car was a delight to the eye and very composed in its ambulation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Met the owner of Barrett Jackson 08SGT2214 today. I'm sure he thought some nut was trying to waive him to the shoulder on the highway. Car was pretty rough.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the black ones, and the GO Californians, even admire the blue ones, BUT...

Yesterday I saw the absolute Best Shelby GT: White with Silver stripes, perfect stance, sparkling in the afternoon sun as it came off the 163 South at Balboa, went south on Whatever that Kearny street is that parallels 163, was turning left from Convoy to Aero Drive as I slunk past with my "NICE CAR" sign displayed in my window. What a treat to follow such a perfect expression of SGTness for nearly a mile! No personalized plate.

Thank you for the opportunity.

NICRCARx800_P1020420.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a white SGT in the Luther Valley Ford (Fargo, ND) publication they put out after their Mustang Anniversary event. Anybody on here? Any other Shelby GT's in the Fargo region? That white one is the only other one I have ever seen around here.

Saw a black Sgt getting on I787 south at exit 7 today at about 8:45 am in Albany NY

I saw one back on June 29th around Buffalo, west bound on I90. Never got around to posting it.... my bad! First one I ever saw on the road besides when there was a show.

I saw a white SGT in the Luther Valley Ford (Fargo, ND) publication they put out after their Mustang Anniversary event. Anybody on here? Any other Shelby GT's in the Fargo region? That white one is the only other one I have ever seen around here.

I am three hours south of you in Brookings,SD. SGTs are rather rare around this part of the world. A number show up at the Sturgis Mustang Rally over the Labor Day weekend from Wyoming, Nebraska and SD. Have not seen a North Dakota car.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into another beautiful black SGT on Monday in Parker CO after a quick trip to Ace Hardware. I was pulling up to a light when I saw the familiar paint scheme. As I rolled up the gentleman rolled his window down and I complimented him on his exquisite taste in cars. Always a pleasure to see a beautiful Shelby.

• 2 weeks later...

for about a month there was a White SGT off to the side of I4 in Sanford FL. in a field where a trailer company parts items they want people to see form teh highway for sale or something.. i kept telling myself to stop in there and ask about it.. of course im lazy and now its gone.

i presume someone was trying to sell it.

• 4 months later...

Well, it's been nearly a year since I bought my convertible 08SGT1475, and despite keeping an eye out, I've yet to see another one in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington DC. A handful of 500s and a couple of Super Snakes, but not one SGT. I understand they produced fewer than 800 vista blue convertibles, so maybe that's why...

• 2 months later...

Girlfriend moved into a new condo two weeks ago here in Burlington Ontario. She said there was a Shelby in her building that looked like mine, keeping in mind she is very new to the brand. Told her it was unlikely because there are only about a dozen SGT's in Canada. Go figure; I'm pulling up to her condo building today, look in the rear mirror and what do I see - a black 07 Shelby GT. I wave him to pass and stop him to tell him I have the same car (was driving my truck). Said he imported it from Texas in 08. I didn't get the CSM number, too excited to see one in my town.

Same thing happened to me last year in reverse. I gentleman in the next town stopped me and said he had the same car too. We chatted for a while at the side of the road. 07 black manual. (I'll try to get CSM numbers on the next sighting :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived