TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT

BUICK468

Looking on the Shelby sight I see how much the kits are. Who has sent their car for supercharging and were you satisfied with the work and performance? I am told that if Shelby or an approved dealer installs it is covered under the warrranty? How much is the system with labor included? Is 450 horsepower reliably obtained? I know, questions, questions....

Thanks

Looking on the Shelby sight I see how much the kits are.

Who has sent their car for supercharging and were you satisfied with the work and performance? I did, and yes I am/was VERY pleased with the quality of their work as well as the performance of the car after the SC was added.

I am told that if Shelby or an approved dealer installs it is covered under the warrranty? Yes, but a limited warranty through Ford Racing.

How much is the system with labor included? $6395.00 for the polished Paxton, and $7000.00 for the polished wipple. I have the polished Paxton.

Is 450 horsepower reliably obtained? No, they actually attain 462 reliable, measured at the flywheel H.P. for either blower.

I know, questions, questions.... And there are 100's of forums that have been posted here covering this topic and any other question that you may have forthcoming about your car and SAI, and all you have to do to find the information is to just use the search window.

Thanks. You're welcome.

Thanks for the information, it was perfect. I will utilize the search more in the future. I guess being a brand new owner I tend to like the open communication. Just one more question, the price included the labor for them to install it and you did send your car back to Shelby?

Thanks for the information, it was perfect. I will utilize the search more in the future. I guess being a brand new owner I tend to like the open communication. Just one more question, the price included the labor for them to install it and you did send your car back to Shelby?

Yes, the prices that I quoted are installed, out the door prices, and no, I did not send my car back to SAI, because I had all the mods done prior to picking the car up from them.

Try these topcis:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...c=14256&hl=

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=13776

For recent discussions.

I'm getting it done to mine. Since mine wasn't ordered with it by the dealer, even though the car is done, it will be held at SAI until I can send them a copy of the title. Oh well, it's not that much longer. :)

Thanks for all the great information. Where is the closest Mod Shop to Louisiana? I would need a recommendation as I have had bad luck with some past High Performance shops (not Ford related). I want to take my car to someone that will treat it with the care and respect a car like this deserve's and not recieve it back with scratches and door dents and a mess under the hood. (yes, I have actually experienced this so I am very cautious)

Thanks for all the great information. Where is the closest Mod Shop to Louisiana? I would need a recommendation as I have had bad luck with some past High Performance shops (not Ford related). I want to take my car to someone that will treat it with the care and respect a car like this deserve's and not recieve it back with scratches and door dents and a mess under the hood. (yes, I have actually experienced this so I am very cautious)

Not just those issues. Remember, if you want to keep your warranty intact, the installation of the SC must be conducted by SAI, a SAI mod center, or a Ford dealer. But I can tell you that a Ford dealer will charge you consideriblely more to install the SC than SAI or a SAI mod center will, and as far as I know, you will also not be able to install a "SGTSC" decal on your lower body stripe if someone other than a SAI mod center does the work.

I believe that Amy just opened an affiliate mod center in Farmer's Branch, Texas which may or may not be the closest mod center to where you live in LA.

Not just those issues. Remember, if you want to keep your warranty intact, the installation of the SC must be conducted by SAI, a SAI mod center, or a Ford dealer. But I can tell you that a Ford dealer will charge you consideriblely more to install the SC than SAI or a SAI mod center will, and as far as I know, you will also not be able to install a "SGTSC" decal on your lower body stripe if someone other than a SAI mod center does the work.

I believe that Amy just opened an affiliate mod center in Farmer's Branch, Texas which may or may not be the closest mod center to where you live in LA.

Wow, such a fount of information! We can always count on Son of GT to get the info out. ;)

Closest Mod center is at Farmer's Branch, Quantum Performance. You would be speaking with (most likely) Kenny, glen, or Jim. Very knowledgeable guys (and Shelby Fanatics themselves). Give em a call, tell them Chris sent you :)

I'm getting it done to mine. Since mine wasn't ordered with it by the dealer, even though the car is done, it will be held at SAI until I can send them a copy of the title. Oh well, it's not that much longer. :)

They need a copy of the title? Like someone would be putting a S/C on a stolen car? Anyways, what if your still paying on the car and the lender has the title in hand? Then what do you do? I was considering having this done but doesnt look like ill be able to for a couple of years now.

Also, I paid my 50 bucks to join Team Shelby so why doesnt my cool little "Member Team Shelby.com" emblem pop up to the left when I post? :shift:

They need a copy of the title? Like someone would be putting a S/C on a stolen car? Anyways, what if your still paying on the car and the lender has the title in hand? Then what do you do? I was considering having this done but doesnt look like ill be able to for a couple of years now.

Also, I paid my 50 bucks to join Team Shelby so why doesnt my cool little "Member Team Shelby.com" emblem pop up to the left when I post? :shift:

It's the business. They are in possession of a vehicle that is moving between two owners. I (the future owner) and trying to get it changed, not the dealer (current owner). Before they do the mod they want to be sure that the person ordering the change is the current owner. Can't blame them.

"Hi, your neighbor sent over to remodel your bathroom, he said you'll pay for it, OK?"

Archived