TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 08 Mustang Shelby GT500 Vapor with Black Stripes

Digibean

Congrats....I got mine Friday 08GT500-Vapor/blkstripes this color combo is awesome.....I love this car...I was'nt a Ford guy until now this car

is done so well inside and out. The pics and brochures don't do this car justice when I finally sat in one and started it up.....one word awesome. :superhero:

Thanks for the welcome. So far, the car has been a blast. I had the sealant and a new alarm system put in yesterday.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to display my front license plate. I'm in VA, so it's required. If anyone has any good ideas without drilling holes in her, let me know. I'll keep searchin the web for ideas.

Oh, as far as the bow is concerned, it is kinda cheesy. But, it was a great gift to myself and a great way to start out 2008 (I did leave the bow at the dealers, in case anyone was wondering).

Here are some pics of my new 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 in Vapor with Black Stripes. Got it on 12/31/07.

Great looking car, congrats! Really love that Vapor. Thanks for the picts!

As far a Licence plates, someone devised a way with zip ties I think, try doing a search for front license plate you'll get a bunch of ideas. Or you could just stick it in the windshield and prop it up with a can of your favorite brewski :hysterical2: Better yet, prop it up with a donut! Either way, the cops will forget about your improper display of tag.

KC666

Here are some pics of my new 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 in Vapor with Black Stripes. Got it on 12/31/07.

Congrats! I am pickin mine up tomorrow as long as we don't get any lake effect snow here in N.W. Indiana.

I bought the same combo of Vapoer w/ Black! I can't wait to drive it. I have a had severl mustangs including a GT390 68 FB & a 69 390 Mach.

Does anyone know if the front suspension has been upgraded for 08? My dealer said it was because I mentioned many reviewers said the suspension was weak due to the poor weight ratios.

Love your car!

Well, I picked up my new 08 Vapor GT500 today! Wow, I have driven alot of cars & I will tell ya this car is special. It had 7 miles on it & the factory default was not letting the supercharger activate until It had about 10 miles on it. Then,,,WOW...what a car!! I am floored at how strong and tight this car is. The handling was very tight as well. I will include pix of her in my garage. I got her home & washed the road salt dust off & dried her down completely. It looks great & my daughters won't get out of it! I was lucky & paid MSRP for it. I am a manager of a Buick, Pont, GMC, Cadillac, Hummer store & I was friends w/ the Ford Dealer. Anyway, WOW!

Great looking car, congrats! Really love that Vapor. Thanks for the picts!

As far a Licence plates, someone devised a way with zip ties I think, try doing a search for front license plate you'll get a bunch of ideas. Or you could just stick it in the windshield and prop it up with a can of your favorite brewski :hysterical2: Better yet, prop it up with a donut! Either way, the cops will forget about your improper display of tag.

KC666

I just ordered the front bracket from a company that uses the mounting screws for your existing front air dam so you dont drill any holes...

If you look in the 2008 gt500 thread section it is talked about at length and we just had that discussion, so the thread should be in the first couple of pages. I should have mine in the next day or two so I will let you know how install goes. It is required here in Texas too, but the cops are ALOT worse in VA so I know you are probably concerned about tickets. I would be there too. Nice color you got....good luck and PM me if you need any additional info. I get my messages within 2 minutes no matter what, so unless I am asleep, you will get a response quick.

I just ordered the front bracket from a company that uses the mounting screws for your existing front air dam so you dont drill any holes...

If you look in the 2008 gt500 thread section it is talked about at length and we just had that discussion, so the thread should be in the first couple of pages. I should have mine in the next day or two so I will let you know how install goes. It is required here in Texas too, but the cops are ALOT worse in VA so I know you are probably concerned about tickets. I would be there too. Nice color you got....good luck and PM me if you need any additional info. I get my messages within 2 minutes no matter what, so unless I am asleep, you will get a response quick.

I would definitely be interested in your opinion on the front bracket install. Let us know what you paid, how long shipping took, how easy the install is, and your opinion on how it looks after install (post pics if you can). Please post back after you install it (I'll also keep an eye on the discussion thread you mentioned, in case you just want to post there). You're right about how the cops are here in VA. My son-in-law is a cop and he said it isn't an option. You will eventually get pulled over. Whether or not you get ticketed depends on the cop and the day.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks again for the welcome. She is a beaut, if I say so myself. I love this color combo.

We got some snow yesterday, so I've got to go out and give her a sponge bath...all that road grime

Just got the front plate brackets in, and it comes with a nice rubber fitting to keep from scratching the bottom of the airdam, and the plate is exactly matched up in size with the bracket so it looks like the license plate floats about a 1/4 inch in front of the lower grill. I need to wait to put it on, cuz I dont want to drive my car out of the garage in the rain, so it may have to wait for the weekend when it is supposed to clear up, but it looks like a great alternative! The cost was 65 dollars and 12 for shipping, and the guy had it to me in 4 or 5 days. But Ill post pics here and on the mods forum asap.

Archived