TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40 Years of Shelby at my house

rkfaul

Well its been a while since I posted since I was truly holding my breath. I had a friend that passed on the one allocated 08 Shelby at Bubba Oustelet Ford in Jennings. I was able to take his place in line with a 500 dollar deposit in July and got to order the car like I wanted it. The agreed on price was MSRP..no ADM. This is a small town dealership and had sold two previous GT500s for same deals. Their philosophy is simple...people buy in good times and bad and local folks will remember ADMs...My salesman was Richard Tee Green...if you want a car these are the people to see...It was a great experiance...the car was built 11/27/08 and I picked up the car 12/28/08...everything went off without a hitch. They are not in line to receive another this year as of now but if anyone is out there looking for nice honest people to do business with I can recommend them. I have posted a couple of pics in my profile of my 68 and 08 together. I have a 100 miles on it now and it is truly one of the nicest mustangs I have owned...best wishes to all who still wait on deals and cars. I can say the wait was worth it and my experiance was a good one...no many out there have had real horror stories and wanted to post a positive one for guys waiting to find out about their cars...

check out my photo gallery for a few pics...

Hello RKF,

Welcome back and congrats, always good to hear positive comments/experiences.

Our KR's are alike, right down to the fog light covers! PM me with the last 4 digits of your VIN, I'd like to see where the fell in line with each other on the production line, if you don't mind...

Enjoy, the new 500 is a total kick :headspin:

Cali_KR

side_by_side.jpg

side_by_side.jpg

Congrats rkfaul! :happy feet: That's a very nice stable of mustangs that you have! Having both a '68 and an '08 GT500 is very cool! Nice to see that you had a good experience buying the car! Enjoy your new ride.

Congrats rkfaul! :happy feet: That's a very nice stable of mustangs that you have! Having both a '68 and an '08 GT500 is very cool! Nice to see that you had a good experience buying the car! Enjoy your new ride.

Congrats on your awesome car GT 500 we are very special down south I got mind last allocation for Bay City Ford in Abbeville got it for msrp also deposit 9-28-06 wanted car bad May one day we can get together, Enjoy the car and be careful!!!! :headspin:

Congrats on your awesome car GT 500 we are very special down south I got mind last allocation for Bay City Ford in Abbeville got it for msrp also deposit 9-28-06 wanted car bad May one day we can get together, Enjoy the car and be careful!!!! :headspin:

I have bought a Ford Focus for my son at Bay City and they are great folks too...Erath a great town and hope you we not hurt with the storm a few years ago...hope to see you around South La...

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and best of luck to all who continue to wait for cars...its been posted so many times before but here goes....its definately worth the wait. It really is an amazing and fun vehicle...

RK

Archived