TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT

BUICK468

Where do I find the Shelby aftermarket stuff like center caps and the SGT gas cap that I have been hearing about?

Thanks

The SGT faux gas cap is not ready yet, but you can find other items at the Shelby Performance Parts website.

I want a gas cap with the CS logo on it, snakes are for GT 500's. Those guys think Shelbys are for straigth line accelleration. Corner carvers, unite our little block Shelbys in the spirit of the original GT 350. Go to any Mustang catalog and order a set of the cast center caps for the original 67 - 68 10 spokes. Weld a nut over the locating hole in the retainer and they fit your original wheels as well as the Shelby aftermarket wheels. They have the original CS emblem embossed in the center and can be painted white and black.

I want a gas cap with the CS logo on it, snakes are for GT 500's. Those guys think Shelbys are for straigth line accelleration. Corner carvers, unite our little block Shelbys in the spirit of the original GT 350. Go to any Mustang catalog and order a set of the cast center caps for the original 67 - 68 10 spokes. Weld a nut over the locating hole in the retainer and they fit your original wheels as well as the Shelby aftermarket wheels. They have the original CS emblem embossed in the center and can be painted white and black.

This sounds good. Do you have any pictures on a late model rim?

I am also thinking that the snake will look out of place on the SGT. There's not another snake on the car so why add one? I would like to see a CS logo on the steering wheel hub also, silver letters / black background, and CS wheel caps same color.

I am also thinking that the snake will look out of place on the SGT. There's not another snake on the car so why add one? I would like to see a CS logo on the steering wheel hub also, silver letters / black background, and CS wheel caps same color.

I agree

the S H E L B Y GT isn't a cobra but it deserves a unique badging from Shelby

I agree

the S H E L B Y GT isn't a cobra but it deserves a unique badging from Shelby

Concur with request for CS logo, or an SAI Logo, but that was voted down on the Shelby Public Forum. The CS was one of the designs but the snake received more votes.

Wish SAI would make a CS Logo as was designed in the competition.

It has been a long discussion on the center caps. I think it accounted for about 25% of the post on the old Shlebyforums. I have no issues with the SAI snake. I agree the Tiffany Cobra would be out of place. However, Carroll Shelby has always been associated with the Cobra or Snake. During the party, several speakers made mention of him as the "Super Snake." Also, starting with the 1996 Shelby GT350 there have always been snakes on Shelby Mustangs. We couldn't have the old red white and blue version nor the Tiffany Cobra. Although I don't like everything about the cap, I am good with it.

It is your car you don't have to buy any of the caps or choose the one you want. It will still be a Shelby GT. Actually, I was one of the first question why there was not an exclussive cap and ask Amy for one. I was a long time supporter of the SAI snake. As I sit here wearing a shirt with the "CS" logo, I may elect to but the "CS" gas cap. But I will wait until I see the final product of the new Shelby GT cap.

• 2 weeks later...

"There is a little bit of cobra dna in every Shelby...." I think Amy stated something along these lines!

So there goes the snake-delete worries!

Snake-ON brotheren!

Archived