TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great Dealer Stories...

CMCVette

I have to say that Payton Wright Ford in Grapevine, Tx rocks! Had my SGT in to address the odd squeaking noise coming from beneath the tunnel (turns out it was loose pipe brackets, which they promptly identified & fixed), but I (and more importantly, my CAR) was treated with real class- they parked it away from other cars & told me the SGTs & GT500s are only allowed to be driven by service managers, not anyone else. They acknowledged how special these cars are, & when I picked it up, there wasn't a dirty fingerprint or smudge anywhere - I felt like I was in a Porsche dealership! Just wanted to put in a good word for them & hope everyone else on this site has similar good experiences!

since we're throwing compliments towards the dealers i'd like to say brighton ford in colorado has been great to me. i took care of most details over the phone and when i arrived to sign the final papers, everything was ready and waiting for me. i still spent quite a bit of time there anyways admiring their recent 08 sgt coupe arrival and other misc gt500s.

but more important then fast paperwork, they are honorable. they hadn't heard of the sgt before i called so they spent alot of time on the phone with their rep, who, it turns out, gave them bad info on the price of my car. so after thinking the car was one price for 3 months it suddenly jumped quite a bit. before i could say anything, the dealer said they would remove all but $1k of their markup. they could've taken a totally different stance and tell me to take it or leave it but they didn't.

brighton ford rocks!

As of today they have fallen below Chrysler & all time first.

That's right, they's now third behind Chrysler in the Canadian market. As for the US maket, they fell third, behind Toyota, another all time first. I guess more dealers like this one would help reverse that trend.

If Ford had more dealers like this they would would still be well ahead of Toyota!!!

So are you saying Toyota does???

Dealers have no control over what the manufacturers build and they certainly have no control over the quality, allocation, Ford management that decides everything. Ford is in the mess they are in because of FORD. The dealers have nothing to do with it.

For the most part, dealers do listen to the customers and dealers do relay that info to Ford. Ford chooses to not listen and allows a bunch of morons they have decide on everything based on what they want and think should be. That is why Ford is in the mess they are in.

So are you saying Toyota does???

Dealers have no control over what the manufacturers build and they certainly have no control over the quality, allocation, Ford management that decides everything. Ford is in the mess they are in because of FORD. The dealers have nothing to do with it.

For the most part, dealers do listen to the customers and dealers do relay that info to Ford. Ford chooses to not listen and allows a bunch of morons they have decide on everything based on what they want and think should be. That is why Ford is in the mess they are in.

You are only fooling yourself if you believe Dealers have nothing to do with it. They are the first ones and likely the only repersentitives of FMCO that the customer ever sees. They have a great deal to do with the customer's view of the Co.

Ford has some good products out there but bad treatment of a customer can send them to the competition no matter how good it may be. On the flip side good ,diligent treatment of any problem situation can keep the customer in spite of that problem . If you want a customer to be loyal to the brand the brand has to be loyal to them.

:happy feet: I have to add kudos to my sgt dealer - North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz, CA. I have been a Ford man my whole adult driving life, but have never had as good an experience as I have with them. Great price and fantastic service. Unfortunately I can not find the right email adress to tell ford corporate how good my experience was.

John(;-)

:happy feet: I have to add kudos to my sgt dealer - North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz, CA. I have been a Ford man my whole adult driving life, but have never had as good an experience as I have with them. Great price and fantastic service. Unfortunately I can not find the right email adress to tell ford corporate how good my experience was.

John(;-)

how do they treat your shelby?? I live in Salinas and do not trust the local dealers and bought the Car in holister.

Thanks

Mark

how do they treat your shelby?? I live in Salinas and do not trust the local dealers and bought the Car in holister.

Thanks

Mark

I do have to ad a caveat, my sales man bent over backwards to to make sure everything was done right and that I was happy. I brought my car back a week after initial delivery for a complete detail. I had asked them to check the alignment because my racecar mentor's wife bought an 07 and it was misaligned (and the 427 cobra that I bought from Shelby is not even close). They put it on their rack, it was too low to align properly on their rack so they sent me to a local high performance shop and paid them to do it (all as a customer satisfaction thing that they would bill to Ford). Although I could not feel anything wrong when I brought it in, it was indeed slightly off. My salesman also walked around the car and made the detail guy come back out when I picked it up because he noticed a few water spots that I did not even see. My sales man even gave me his cell phone number in case I even had ANY problems or questions. I can not guarantee that the service guys treat my car with the same respect when it is out of my sight (who can) but it seems like my salesman (who is the owner's son) cares about making sure that the customer is happy and that the car is treated right. I have met some lame salesmen at the dealership so my suggestion is to set it up through Jeff Winterhalder and tell him that John Liao with the 08 grabber orange Shelby GT mustang reccomended the dealership to you.

John(;-)

P.S. feel free to email me or pm me if you have any other questions. Make the subject clear because my spam filter is VERY aggressive

Archived