TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Canada Meet

robertlane

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, my name is Curtis....

New to the site, and the whole "forum" idea..... just pokin' around found this discussion, Mosport would be an ideal place for a track day, unfortunatly it is kind of out of the way......The idea of meeting at the ford plant in Oakville is probably the best....located close to the highway(s) not to mention all the amenities of first class restaruants, and great bars and pubs in thr downtown Oakville area.

Just a thought :snake:

Hey, my name is Curtis....

New to the site, and the whole "forum" idea..... just pokin' around found this discussion, Mosport would be an ideal place for a track day, unfortunatly it is kind of out of the way......The idea of meeting at the ford plant in Oakville is probably the best....located close to the highway(s) not to mention all the amenities of first class restaruants, and great bars and pubs in thr downtown Oakville area.

Just a thought :snake:

lets hope we can make something happen must remember though their is a Canadian M.C.A show Aug.01/08 week-end

Hey guys....

Is this just for the GT-500 crowd or is it open to anyone ?

I live in Brampton and I have built a 2006 Shelby CS6 (V6 435 FWHP) package which to the best of my knowledge is the only one ever built in a convertible format and one of only 18 packages produced and sold in coupe or convertible to date as per SAI.

I have only attended one such meet since I built the car which was the DaSilva cruise last October.

There is a photo of my car in the February 2008 copy of Modified Mustangs on page 95 from that cruise.

I would be very interested in this Canadian meet should it come to fruition and I also have plans for a CS6/CS8 meet in Ottawa this summer as well at Sterling Ford.

It's a Shelby...BRING IT!

Hi all

Has anything been defined as per a time frame for this event?

I've been working on getting some sponsorship for the event. I got two interested parties so far and one is pretty high profile in the Mustang industry.

I think we should exchange some phone numbers and try to get together to delegate who's doing what to get this off the ground. SVTPOWER, COBRA RACING have offered to help get this going. Anyone else that would like to help should shoot me a pm. We'll try to set up a meeting somewhere, I'll try to nail Robert down this week for some Team Shelby parameters and who knows...maybe a roadtrip to Dearborn is in the works.

But so far I think we're ok with...

Ford HQ meet

Cayuga road course and dragstrip

Dancing girls since Sharon never brings them

?

?

?

keep the ideas coming

You keep prodding Sharon with the dancing girls, do you know something we don't??? :hysterical2::hysterical2:

:cheerleader: :elefant: :cheerleader: :elefant: :cheerleader: :elefant: :cheerleader:

Paul, you know I am available and have started looking for sponsorship as well,

Have you got a price in mind for minor & major sponsorship?

Let's try to meet up soon to discuss

But so far I think we're ok with...

Ford HQ meet

Cayuga road course and dragstrip

Dancing girls since Sharon never brings them

?

?

?

keep the ideas coming

You keep prodding Sharon with the dancing girls, do you know something we don't??? :hysterical2::hysterical2:

:cheerleader: :elefant: :cheerleader: :elefant: :cheerleader: :elefant: :cheerleader:

Paul, you know I am available and have started looking for sponsorship as well,

Have you got a price in mind for minor & major sponsorship?

Let's try to meet up soon to discuss

Right now I don't but after I speak to Robert this week we should be in better shape then we can get together.

Ever since the Dearborn 2007 show, we've had a lot of interest in establishing a Team Shelby-Canada meet. We're answering this call by announcing that the first Team Shelby show in Canada will be held in Ontario sometime in 2008.

What we now need is some feedback on:

1) When

2) Where

3) Type of events

We have several options to choose from: A simple car show or dovetail with another event - say at a track where we can storm it with a lot of Shelbys :) Maybe even a cruise? Or something entirely different?

Let's get some ideas rolling for Shelby Canada 2008!

Hey guys,

There is a brand new venue in Toronto with close highway access called GRAND PRIX KARTWAYS. This is a new state of the art motorsports facility. It has environmentally friendly and wicked fast go karts, really nice lounge bar and restaurant, PERFORMANCE SHOP specializing in mustangs, and other ammenities like massive parking area for shows, vendors and other stuff. They put on events like this all the time and host the SVTOA Toronto chapter on a regular basis. The owner is an SVT guy and has a couple of Shelby's. This would be the place to do it. Check it out. www.gpkartways.com You wil be impressed!

Hey guys,

There is a brand new venue in Toronto with close highway access called GRAND PRIX KARTWAYS. This is a new state of the art motorsports facility. It has environmentally friendly and wicked fast go karts, really nice lounge bar and restaurant, PERFORMANCE SHOP specializing in mustangs, and other ammenities like massive parking area for shows, vendors and other stuff. They put on events like this all the time and host the SVTOA Toronto chapter on a regular basis. The owner is an SVT guy and has a couple of Shelby's. This would be the place to do it. Check it out. www.gpkartways.com You wil be impressed!

There is also a huge car show and Battle of the Car Clubs going on Sunday May 4th at this place. They are having a huge car show with over 20 car clubs and a karting competition with each of the car clubs having a 10 amn team to see who has the best car club of all. We should go and show them real sports cars like our shelby's in the car show and then go on the go kart track and have team shelby canada kick their butts their too.

Ever since the Dearborn 2007 show, we've had a lot of interest in establishing a Team Shelby-Canada meet. We're answering this call by announcing that the first Team Shelby show in Canada will be held in Ontario sometime in 2008.

What we now need is some feedback on:

1) When

2) Where

3) Type of events

We have several options to choose from: A simple car show or dovetail with another event - say at a track where we can storm it with a lot of Shelbys :) Maybe even a cruise? Or something entirely different?

Let's get some ideas rolling for Shelby Canada 2008!

So I spoke with the guy from GRAND PRIX KARTWAYS in Toronto who has organized events like this before at his place. He is definitely in and will help with the planning but he doesn't want to over step his boundaries. Is someone from this forum heading the Canada show? If so contact him at david@gpkartways.com website is gpkartways.com for more info.

They are willing to run in conjunciton with thier massive Battle of the Car Clubs show in May this event. The event will feature

huge car show (over 500 cars expected)

20+ car clubs

competitive car show with awards

free parking

karting competition open to all ages and families

restuarant bar and lounge

arcade and entertainment zone for the kids

billiards and foosball

They also have a car aduio competition in the works as well.

If anyone organizing this thing is interested than email him at the address above to start the planning.

Looking forward to something cool in Canada!

Everybody should be invited!! By the way, I know where Sask. is as I hunt there every year. I love it in Saskatchewan. :headspin: Damn cold in the winter though.

Don

You mean right now? lol, just got another foot of snow last night... sigh.

Where abouts do you go hunting? Up north in bear country? I'm about an hour south of Saskatoon, mid southern SK. Beautiful White Tails here. =)

• 3 weeks later...

Paul (kaylan1521) is the lead on this. We'll be talking next week to catch up as it has been busy around here.

Someone asked this question earlier, but there was no response. Are you planning on extending this to the west?

Yes. We should rotate this through the provinces. I'd like to see BC, AL or SK next year.

Anything coming up on the east coast? Nova Scotia to be specific!

I've been talking about buying a cottage in NS - but Sharon, being the Ontarian....well let's just put it like this :banghead:

I've been talking about buying a cottage in NS - but Sharon, being the Ontarian....well let's just put it like this :banghead:

You can't be dreaming of a new GT500 AND want a cottage at the same time. M'nut

• 3 weeks later...
Count me in! When & where? I am in Toronto, so Mosport sounds good! There really are a lot of places this could be held!

Count me in too, I am in Sudbury but will come down in a heartbeat. When are we going to finalise some dates? Please let us know asap so I can put them in y calender.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Count me in too, I am in Sudbury but will come down in a heartbeat. When are we going to finalise some dates? Please let us know asap so I can put them in y calender.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Robert and I are trying to arrange a date and time that our schedules allow for meeting and finalise all the details. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks

Archived