TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Canada Meet

robertlane

Ever since the Dearborn 2007 show, we've had a lot of interest in establishing a Team Shelby-Canada meet. We're answering this call by announcing that the first Team Shelby show in Canada will be held in Ontario sometime in 2008.

What we now need is some feedback on:

1) When

2) Where

3) Type of events

We have several options to choose from: A simple car show or dovetail with another event - say at a track where we can storm it with a lot of Shelbys :) Maybe even a cruise? Or something entirely different?

Let's get some ideas rolling for Shelby Canada 2008!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is in an awesome idea

The greater Toronto area is the best area due to population

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I have been involved with the Mustang scene in the GTA for over 20 years and can help in any ways you need

Ever since the Dearborn 2007 show, we've had a lot of interest in establishing a Team Shelby-Canada meet. We're answering this call by announcing that the first Team Shelby show in Canada will be held in Ontario sometime in 2008.

1) When

2) Where

3) Type of events

We have several options to choose from: A simple car show or dovetail with another event - say at a track where we can storm it with a lot of Shelbys :) Maybe even a cruise? Or something entirely different?

WOW!!!!! :shift::shift:

I'm in :happy feet: :happy feet:

please concider "the golden horseshoe " area ..(Oakville to Niagara Falls)

close to the U.S border and tracks

....and the name of the area is so very appropriate

GREAT IDEA!!!!!! need help....I'll be there too!!!!

Ideas:

Toronto Motorsport park for Drag & road racing

Mosport or Shannonville (good road course, crappy drag racing)

Grand bend has an awesome drag track and a beach nearbye but closer to windsor area

There are fantastic parks and cruise areas all through Toronto and north to Algonquin park

1) When

2) Where

3) Type of events

That's a fantastic idea!!!!!!! What about the boys out west??? Do you think we could do an eastern and a western meet???

KingCobra.

That's a great idea! :happy feet: I guess there will be another drive down the 401 for me this summer (maybe two if I make it to the 2008 Dearborn meet).

A track day would certainly be nice. I'm not that familiar with this region but Mosport and Shannonville are nice (and fast) road courses from races that I've seen on TV. If I'm not mistaken, Mosport held Formula 1 in the the 70's.

I know most Canadian members are from southern Ontario, but another nice site would be the Mont-Tremblant area, north of Montreal. This is a very nice area with nice accomodations and on top of that, they have a great race track (they held a Champ Car event there last summer). Maybe for next year...

Hmmmmmm, great idea! ;)

Cayuga does have drags and road course, close to Ford HQ (about 45 minutes), an hour and a bit from downtown Toronto. If this is chosen I can arrange to have a group go to the CN Tower if anyone is interested.

Mosport is a world class course. No drags but hitting 130-140 mph on the straight should be possible. Otherwise isolated though.

Mont-Tremblant is also a world class track, don't know about if there's any drags there. Beautiful part of the Country and nice that we would have a resident translator there.

regardless of where it is I'M IN!!!!

Hmmmmmm, great idea! ;)

Cayuga does have drags and road course, close to Ford HQ (about 45 minutes), an hour and a bit from downtown Toronto. If this is chosen I can arrange to have a group go to the CN Tower if anyone is interested.

Mosport is a world class course. No drags but hitting 130-140 mph on the straight should be possible. Otherwise isolated though.

Mont-Tremblant is also a world class track, don't know about if there's any drags there. Beautiful part of the Country and nice that we would have a resident translator there.

regardless of where it is I'M IN!!!!

I agree, Mt-Tremblant is awesome for this type of event. Count me in ..............

1) When

2) Where

3) Type of events

Coming from Northern Ontario, I would be happy anywhere. Southern Ontario / Niagara Region would be great and so would the Grand Bend area. There are amenities for just about anything anywhere you go and with the highway system 401/403/407/QEW it's not all that far for people on both sides of the border.

(Just remember to keep your speed less than 50 Kilos above the posted speed limit, or you will be giving up your ride to the OPP)

The Tremblant area is great, but a hike from Toronto not bad if you are in the Ottawa area. I think a tentative date is in order? Early mid June? Can still be cool in May, but anytime after June starts is pretty safe weather wise.

Feedback.........Any suggestions for a date anyone? The earlier a date is set the better!

Coming from Northern Ontario, I would be happy anywhere. Southern Ontario / Niagara Region would be great and so would the Grand Bend area. There are amenities for just about anything anywhere you go and with the highway system 401/403/407/QEW it's not all that far for people on both sides of the border.

(Just remember to keep your speed less than 50 Kilos above the posted speed limit, or you will be giving up your ride to the OPP)

The Tremblant area is great, but a hike from Toronto not bad if you are in the Ottawa area. I think a tentative date is in order? Early mid June? Can still be cool in May, but anytime after June starts is pretty safe weather wise.

Feedback.........Any suggestions for a date anyone? The earlier a date is set the better!

I ususally keep the kilos in the trunk ;)

Ideas:

Toronto Motorsport park for Drag & road racing

Mosport or Shannonville (good road course, crappy drag racing)

Grand bend has an awesome drag track and a beach nearbye but closer to windsor area

There are fantastic parks and cruise areas all through Toronto and north to Algonquin park

Toronto Motorsport park sounds GREAT count me in. Just let me know when and if you need any help with anything. Not sure what I can do from Windsor but will give it my best shot. M'nut

I suppose even though our newest law sucks, we're not too bad........recently I met a family on a vacation, guy sees us read car mags on the beach and we get talking...........turns out they are from Belgium............60 KMS over and your ride is GONE!!!! FOREVER!!!! They resell it to whoever at an auction cheap!!!!

I ususally keep the kilos in the trunk ;)

Where's my head!?!

I keep all kinds of Kilos back there too........... All for weight transfer!

Seriously, I would be happy anywhere! Like I mentioned there are plenty of venues, but to set a date is the first step to get this on the go!

The sooner I can organize time from work / kids / extra curricular activities etc etc

If Kaylan will volunteer his "Kilos", then there may be thousands in attendance!

Hey guys....

Is this just for the GT-500 crowd or is it open to anyone ?

I live in Brampton and I have built a 2006 Shelby CS6 (V6 435 FWHP) package which to the best of my knowledge is the only one ever built in a convertible format and one of only 18 packages produced and sold in coupe or convertible to date as per SAI.

I have only attended one such meet since I built the car which was the DaSilva cruise last October.

There is a photo of my car in the February 2008 copy of Modified Mustangs on page 95 (white & gold stripes) from that cruise.

I would be very interested in this Canadian meet should it come to fruition and I also have plans for a CS6/CS8 meet in Ottawa this summer as well at Sterling Ford.

BRING it ! Sounds like a Kool car :headspin:

I 2nd that, Ford Oakville show Saturday, cruise all night Saturday night and Cayuga drags on Sunday (Toronto Motorsports Park) Great idea and I'm volunteering for anything you need

I'm in also sounds great Show, Cruise, and a Blast down the track with Team Shelby buddies... What more could you ask for in a weekend... :shift: :burnout: :yahoo:

1) When

2) Where

3) Type of events

:snake: Shelby Meeting in Ontario! Great idea! Count me and me in! Ottawa has Calabogie Race Track that we could book for a day and have a little fun. Check out their website: http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

I know there are a few Shelby's in Ottawa that might be interested. I'm in Kingston so Toronto or Ottawa work for me. As for time, a weekend would likely draw the biggest crowd. I can personally come any day (self employed). I think a meeting at a track is the way to go as most of us in Ontario never get out of 3rd gear!!!

Ken

Hey Guys! I'm the organizer of the Canadian Shelby meet for 2008! We are planning a day of exposure for Shelby CS models. Very rare beast! It will be held at Sterling Ford in Ottawa on Saturday May 10th, 2008. If you are interested, please email me at s.ritchot@videotron.ca. Modified Mustang will cover the event. To have a group of CS6/8 models and Shelby cars, is a very unique day for all of us. Please let me know!!!! Here's a pic of my ride... a CS8 Retro!

post-12665-1200393358_thumb.jpg

post-12665-1200393358_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys! I'm the organizer of the Canadian Shelby meet for 2008! We are planning a day of exposure for Shelby CS models. Very rare beast! It will be held at Sterling Ford in Ottawa on Saturday May 10th, 2008. If you are interested, please email me at s.ritchot@videotron.ca. Modified Mustang will cover the event. To have a group of CS6/8 models and Shelby cars, is a very unique day for all of us. Please let me know!!!! Here's a pic of my ride... a CS8 Retro!

Nice ride.......

This is not the meet that's being discussed by the way..........the Canadian one with Team Shelby may or may not happen.......unknown right now

Archived