TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'69 Shelby with a Boss 302?

I heard of a '69 Mustang with a Boss 302 that was built that way new. The owner

says it is a Shelby and it has a Shelby interior and is in the SAAC Registery but evidentally did not have the

shelby Fiberglass body parts. Has anyone else heard of this car?

I think the precedent of Ford building a Boss 429 with a Shelby nose to experiment with

shows this could have been an experiment and this was just when Knudsen had arrived

and was planning the Boss 302 and Boss 429 and didn't give a damn about Shelby but

does anyone else know about this car's reason for being?

I heard of a '69 Mustang with a Boss 302 that was built that way new. The owner

says it is a Shelby and it has a Shelby interior and is in the SAAC Registery but evidentally did not have the

shelby Fiberglass body parts. Has anyone else heard of this car?

I think the precedent of Ford building a Boss 429 with a Shelby nose to experiment with

shows this could have been an experiment and this was just when Knudsen had arrived

and was planning the Boss 302 and Boss 429 and didn't give a damn about Shelby but

does anyone else know about this car's reason for being?

Sounds Fishy, where in the registry???? :waiting:

Yes, I seen this car!! It was featured at the Shelby-Boss reunion this August at the Indianapolis Ford plant. Truly a remarkalbe car and story.

The Boss Shelby was to be part of a 36-car Shelby program, but with Shelby resigning the program ended and only one vehicle was produced. The Boss 302 Shelby creation has been subject of question for years, but it is real. I also saw this car featured in the rare finds section of Mustang Monthly about a year ago. This must be the most rare Shelby out there.

Archived