TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rust

creilly333

OK, so I got under my car today to look at the diff to see what gears I have and I was surprised to see so much rust (albeit surface rust) on the rear axle and shock mounts. Obviously these parts are not powder coated but especially in the case of the shock mounts I am wondering about their longevity. Everything else seems fine under there, at least at the rear end. I realize it had probably sat on a lot for a while but still, it is a new car.

Colin

This appears to be a typical issue. I've seen a few threads on this. Some guys have done a lot of work to paint those areas.

Do a search on +rear +paint and you should find out what we've been doing. Many of us have painted under there.

Looks like I have a bit of work to do in the spring. I can't believe they left it unprotected like that. My shock mounts have a fair bit of rust on them already.

Colin

OK, so I got under my car today to look at the diff to see what gears I have and I was surprised to see so much rust (albeit surface rust) on the rear axle and shock mounts. Obviously these parts are not powder coated but especially in the case of the shock mounts I am wondering about their longevity. Everything else seems fine under there, at least at the rear end. I realize it had probably sat on a lot for a while but still, it is a new car.

Colin

Rust? What Rust?

LT_AXLE_PNTD.jpgRT_AXLE_PNTD.jpg

Archived