TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member and New Car

creilly333

Hi Folks :

I'm a new member here, joined yesterday and picked up my new 2008 Mustang GT premium today.

Details are as follows :

Black Clearcoat

Dark charcoal leather interior

18" wheels

Ambient lighting

Interior upgrade package

Sirius sat radio

Heated seats

It's dark here now so pics to follow. This is my first Mustang. I love the new shape and the car drives great. Looking forward to doing a few tasteful mods soon. I traded an 06 F150 FX4 for it so you could say there is a slight difference !

Colin

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure I'll have a few questions to ask. As for the mods I'm still considering what I might do. It's early days but I've been looking through the Ford Racing catalog for ideas ! Pics coming soon.

Colin

Question - My car didn't come with the 3:55 gears. What do they come with as standard ? I'm thinking if I go with either 3:55 or 4:10 I'm going to gain in acceleration but lose out at the top end. Not that that matters so much.

Colin

OK here are some pics from earlier today (OK 1 pic, I couldn't figure out how to upload more than one without having to reduce them drastically in size as it only allows 500k) I pulled into what was an empty parking lot and as soon as I stepped out of the car about a dozen other cars suddenly showed up. Anyways, they are not the best of pics but will give you an idea. Unfortunately by the time I drove there the car was covered in some salt.

Colin

RUFDRAFT - Not sure what the 10 posts thing signifies. Maybe you can enlighten me.Mustang1_002.jpg

Mustang1_002.jpg

Those wheels look amazing! I've always been a fan of the Fanblade wheels, but with that little blackout on them really brings them to life!

Thanks. Yeah I like them too. The insert is in anthracite I think, but sets off the wheels nicely.

Colin

Hi Folks :

I'm a new member here, joined yesterday and picked up my new 2008 Mustang GT premium today.

Details are as follows :

Black Clearcoat

Dark charcoal leather interior

18" wheels

Ambient lighting

Interior upgrade package

Sirius sat radio

Heated seats

It's dark here now so pics to follow. This is my first Mustang. I love the new shape and the car drives great. Looking forward to doing a few tasteful mods soon. I traded an 06 F150 FX4 for it so you could say there is a slight difference !

Colin

Nice Car !! Welcome to the site...lots of good info & people here !!!!! Chris

Welcome aboard Colin. I'm just down the road from you near BWI. I do pass through Frederick on my way up to Hagerstown once in a while. This is a great place to hang out.

Thanks. Nice car. I almost bought an alloy GT but the dealer only had a deluxe one with no options and I wanted the leather etc. I travel around the state quite a bit for work so I've probably been in your neck of the woods.

Colin

Welcome! Nice car you have.

And don't be afraid of these boyz, their bark is worse than their bite :lol:

Thanks. Sure, I'm not afraid. I can take a joke :banghead:

Colin

Wait......is that a 10 I see over there Mr Ruf ??? :happy feet:

Archived