TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Prep

nwilbert

I am preparing to write my dealer to let him know that I do not want anything attached to the vehicle that did not come from the factory (ie: front license plate bracket, dealer emblems, etc).

Do you guys know of any other dealer prep items that I may want to eliminate (or add) to protect my baby?

I asked my dealer if I can be present when the car arrives. I know they have to tune the car but my dealer is leaving everything on the car (plastic and other paint markings) and no 16 year old wash boy is going to touch this car

Thanks MSRP (wish I were paying that),

Didn't think about the shipping plastic. Can I assume that the GT500 will be shipped to the dealer in plastic? I will be shipping my baby to a different state than the dealer...I wonder if I should as them to leave the shipping plastic (if any) on?

Talked to my dealer the other week and they are going to call me when the trailer arrives at the dealership. They're almost as excited as I am to get the car. They also will accomodate my request about leave off the license plate bracket and the dealer sticker. They'll even let me peal the plastic off!

Good Luck!

...unfortunately we'll al be at least the 4th or 5th driver: 1) out factory 2) on truck 3) off truck 4) dealer jocky 5) prep 6) wash and scratch.... makes me shiver!

Not to mention on railcar, off railcar, around railyard (once or twice), back on truck, back off truck.

Make sure that you get in touch with each of your dealers if you want a documentation package including all the shipping stickers, pdi worksheet, bills of lading from carrier etc. and have them keep EVERYTHING for you. Also, if it were me I would make sure that there is no dealer etch (antitheft protector) or similar on the glass or panels unless you really want it. Some dealers do this as soon as the vehicle is off the carrier.

WOW!

Everyone has had great input.

Is it possible for me to ask the dealer not to do ANYTHING to the car, including washing it, taking the plastic off, etc?

Calling me when the trailer arrives won't work for me.. I live 2,000+/- miles from the dealership.

What is PDI that everyone is mentioning?

Thanks

WOW!

Everyone has had great input.

Is it possible for me to ask the dealer not to do ANYTHING to the car, including washing it, taking the plastic off, etc?

Calling me when the trailer arrives won't work for me.. I live 2,000+/- miles from the dealership.

What is PDI that everyone is mentioning?

Thanks

Pre Delivery Inspection. Checking all fluids etc. and operation of all the bells and whistles includes a short road test. Ford pays the dealer to do this on all vehicles.

If you have a good relationship with the dealer and ask politely they should be cooperative in your recommendations - its less work for them to do anyway but sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and your request may get missed unintentionally. eg. You make the request of one person who forgets to pass it along to someone else and isn't there when your car arrives. Stuff happens...try not to get too upset.

The dealer is going to have to touch it. They'll have to tune it, right? Otherwise you'll get a GT500 with a top speed of about 80mph.

The thing that I like best about this site is everyone's sense of humor.

Yeah...maybe 80mph in reverse. :hysterical:

P S D S

My doctor says he's preparing an article for the Journal of the American Medical Association regarding my case.

Anyone know of any "balms" or "ointments" that I can buy over-the-counter.

It's more likely that you'll need some lube and a numbing agent :o

The dealer is going to have to touch it. They'll have to tune it, right? Otherwise you'll get a GT500 with a top speed of about 80mph.

rpretzel is right. Shelby Gt 500s will be shipped with a delivery tune that limits horsepower substantially. This is done specifically to prevent all of the shipping personnel from taking a joyride. RPMs are limited, output greatly diminished, etc, so the car is fine at low speeds to drive around the yard but can't blast down the highway. The dealer merely has to reflash the computer to get the car to full spec. No actual under-hood tinkering.

Tune it???

Other than the normal bells and whistles checks, why would they be doing anything under the hood besides fluid level checks???

KingCobra.

KC, I read somewhere that Ford will be de-tuning the Shelbys to cut down on people Hotrodding them before delivery to the customer. The dealer will be responsible for tuning it during the PDI.

You guys are fantastic!

It is hard to imagine what my life would have been like...waiting on this damn car...without all of your insight.

BIG THANKS!

(PS. Ruf & King...I intentionally did not respond to your posts....saw where that was heading. Mentioning ointments around you knuckleheads.... :hysterical: )

P S D S

My doctor says he's preparing an article for the Journal of the American Medical Association regarding my case.

Anyone know of any "balms" or "ointments" that I can buy over-the-counter.

Sure do its called " SNAKE OIL"

Shelby 001

Archived