TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much over msrp will you be paying?

You'll never see below MSRP on this car!!!

The '08s are already half spoken for from the overflow of '07 demands.

By the end of the summer, once these cars have hit the streets, I wouldn't

be at all surprized to see all of the '08s spoken for.

But, dare to dream man.

And best of luck!!!

KingCobra

You are soooooo right about the 08 model. With the lists for 07's overflowing, it won't get any better of the 08 model. This car will be a killer beast for years to come. Sure at some point these cars will sell below MSRP....... Lets see now, that would be in about 5 years from now,,, used with about 50,000 miles on them! :shift::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool Site!

I just got confirmation from dealer my car is on schedule list but says material hold?

Car before mine is scheduled for very end of June (30th) for delivery date with scheduled build of June 16th.

After reading through some of this very large forum & finding only material hold is for the Shaker 1000?

I did not order the Shaker System. Can someone tell me what the hold may be?

My dealer is still selling GT Mustangs for MSRP. Said there was no-way they were selling any Shelby's at that price that they had a very long list of people waiting. This week they have gotten more calls than they can handle from people out of town looking for one.

I paid under 10k over MSRP for mine. Glad I can get my hands on one. Way too much anticipation wondering if I would get one other wise. Figured it would be cheaper to pay the over amt than replace all the carpet in house from pacing floor for a year wondering.

Mine has had deposit with dealer for over a year.

What exactly does the material hold mean? Could this be a long wait? Told my dealer I could change order if needed. He said once it is scheduled/on list its too late? She could not tell me what the material hold was?

Dealer also said they are getting calls from a lot of other dealers looking for cars!

But, dare to dream man.

And best of luck!!!

KingCobra.

I'm number 2 on a list for a 2008, so no risk for me unless they scrap it after this year.

Where broeli gets 30,000 units from who knows. But I don't think so.

You go, man! :bandance:

Where did you get the numbers that the '08s are already "half spoken for"?

The demand won't last.

LOL, I think demand will go down AS SOON AS these cars hit the streets. The newness of the car will then be gone and the thrill will wear off. You better hope it performs like a "raped ape" once it hits the streets because if it doesn't.... POOF! Big rebates coming soon! hahahaha

Again, Ford will make exactly as many of these as they think they can sell. Period. They make 950,000 F Series trucks a year because that's how many they can sell. They make 180,000 Mustangs a year because that's how many they can sell.

15,000-20,000 GT500's, maybe a new KR or Boss model, the Challenger car... all this will bring prices down eventually. MUCH of the demand now is from "persons of opportunity"... they smell cash and they're scooping up GT500's hoping to sell at a profit. These are the same people who once day traded Nortel stock and then moved on to flipping real estate... the GT500 is just a different way to sucker people out of their cash. Build up the hype... sell it... move on to the next big thing.

Damn soapbox... :-)

But, dare to dream man.

And best of luck!!!

KingCobra.

As many others on this site, I don't think of myself as a "persons of opportunity" And once I get my Shelby, although I plan to baby it to a certain extent, I will be driving it ALL the time.

You go, man! :bandance:

Where did you get the numbers that the '08s are already "half spoken for"?

The demand won't last.

LOL, I think demand will go down AS SOON AS these cars hit the streets. The newness of the car will then be gone and the thrill will wear off. You better hope it performs like a "raped ape" once it hits the streets because if it doesn't.... POOF! Big rebates coming soon! hahahaha

Again, Ford will make exactly as many of these as they think they can sell. Period. They make 950,000 F Series trucks a year because that's how many they can sell. They make 180,000 Mustangs a year because that's how many they can sell.

15,000-20,000 GT500's, maybe a new KR or Boss model, the Challenger car... all this will bring prices down eventually. MUCH of the demand now is from "persons of opportunity"... they smell cash and they're scooping up GT500's hoping to sell at a profit. These are the same people who once day traded Nortel stock and then moved on to flipping real estate... the GT500 is just a different way to sucker people out of their cash. Build up the hype... sell it... move on to the next big thing.

Damn soapbox... :-)

I love the ref. to NT stock. You forgot to throw in a comment about 4 CEO's in 4 yrs.....1 that left while the leaving was good, one CFO promoted to CEO now Bubba's love monkey for cooking the books, 1 Military guy brought on to clean up the image, and now a guy that they didn't do their homework on and essentially paid a $12MM (american not canadian HAHA) sign on fee for because of a non-compete issue with Motorolla. Those that made money on that stock in renent years either timed it really well or shorted the stock on the free fall. As for real estate flipping not a bad gig if you can get it and have the right approach/tools.

As for this car. 30K units I believe is based on thw 10K a yr for 3 yrs prediction.

The interesting thing is in my quest for an MSRP deal I spoke to a dealer on the south side of Indy today and I am about 6 back on the list now. They got 7 allocated to them in the first run and have orders in! The first one at 10K over invoice and the next 6 at 5K over. Why did I not go here first? Any one else heard of 1 dealer getting 7 and planning to order more due to a move to a new building i guess they get a lot of play in what they do for initial inventory and are saying give us more Shelby's. I have not yet met these masked sales people in person but now have a mission for Saturday. i will also try to manufacture a deal at MSRP or 5K over to get my order in selling them on money in the hand...blah blah blah.

As soon as i have a confirmed order I'll be joining the likes of those limited edition folks saying enough is enough - quit building them - only I matter - make it a 1 year run and done......Oh and Raped Ape!!! I just wanted to say that, but how exactly does a raped ape perform? :hysterical:

But, dare to dream man.

And best of luck!!!

KingCobra.

What makes you think the '07s are all spoken for? Does Ford have over 9000 sold retail orders?

Most of the dealerships I know have not sold theirs yet. I'm betting that is more the norm than the exception. Lists are long, but, populated by non-buyers and people that are on many lists.

My experience is similar to 5.4 Shelby: most of the dealers I've talked to have not "sold" their allocation. They are ordering and will then see how much they can get. Seems like an odd ploy, but I think many dealers don't understand this market.

Demand will NEVER be higher than it is today. Well, by "never", I mean not in the foreseeable futue. The idea that most of the 2008s are spoken for is ridiculous. Sure, lists are formed. Heck, I'm on a bunch of them. And in position 1 or 2. But I'm not buying a bunch of cars. Just one.

I believe it's true that this car might never see MSRP. Then again, it might. I think the only clear thing: buying early is buying high. Which is fine if its worth it to get the car early.

I admit, I'm jealous of the folks getting their car this year after I've passed on a few deals that were pretty good in the current market. You guys are gonna have a lot of fun with the cars while I sit on the sidelines wishing I had one! But next summer will be here soon enough...

Lots of people on lots of lists.

Methinks the "demand" is a tad over-rated.

The next two-three months will be interesting.

I've been forced to wait a bit for mine - I hope that proves fortuitous. :shift:

Lots of people on lots of lists.

Methinks the "demand" is a tad over-rated.

The next two-three months will be interesting.

I've been forced to wait a bit for mine - I hope that proves fortuitous. :shift:

When it's time to put up or shut up those dealer lists dwindle quick. Many of them on the lists are dreamers that are smacked in the face with a reality check when they see they'll have to pay $1000 a month for the next 5 years! :D

I've delt with those lists before where there were supposedly 20 people on them willing to pay markup. I told them to forget it and not even put me on their list. In a month or two those same dealers were calling me, offering me the car for msrp or even a few hundred under.

My experience is similar to 5.4 Shelby: most of the dealers I've talked to have not "sold" their allocation. They are ordering and will then see how much they can get. Seems like an odd ploy, but I think many dealers don't understand this market.

Demand will NEVER be higher than it is today. Well, by "never", I mean not in the foreseeable futue. The idea that most of the 2008s are spoken for is ridiculous. Sure, lists are formed. Heck, I'm on a bunch of them. And in position 1 or 2. But I'm not buying a bunch of cars. Just one.

I believe it's true that this car might never see MSRP. Then again, it might. I think the only clear thing: buying early is buying high. Which is fine if its worth it to get the car early.

I admit, I'm jealous of the folks getting their car this year after I've passed on a few deals that were pretty good in the current market. You guys are gonna have a lot of fun with the cars while I sit on the sidelines wishing I had one! But next summer will be here soon enough...

My dealer told me today there were only 8 Shelby's being built per day now. Thats 2920 cars in 365 days. It will most likely gain on that but who knows?

10,000 cars with 365 days per year would be 27 cars per day. What kind of shifts are worked at the Flat Rock plant? 1 or 2 or 3 shifts per day? 5 or 7 days per week?

What is capacity of FR plant?

Are all cars shipped from Woodhaven vs Flat Rock? How far is Woodhaven from Flat Rock?

Is something being done to cars @ Woodhaven? What is the 31S Ship through code?

Just a note......

I know of two (2) 07 Shelbys that have allready been sold for $100,000+ in San Diego.

And they are not storing them, they're driving them.. :shift: ..does anybody really think

they're sorry that they didn't opt. for Z06... I've seen them that not it....this is it

repeat after me "2007 SHELBY GT500 w/500+Hp

:woohoo:

I know one thing, they suffer from PSDS and don't know it. Functioning Shelbyholics!!! :party:

When it's time to put up or shut up those dealer lists dwindle quick. Many of them on the lists are dreamers that are smacked in the face with a reality check when they see they'll have to pay $1000 a month for the next 5 years! :D

When folks got on lists, it was for a $40K car, not thinking of anything further....when you sit down and have to write the check and see the ADM, gas guzzler tax, state sales tax (if you're unlucky like me), then have to think about local property tax and insurance for this toy, folks will have to have a lot of fortitude to do that. I personally don't believe that the lists are 20 deep with buyers. 3-6 months should be interesting.

Any one else heard of 1 dealer getting 7 and planning to order more due to a move to a new building i guess they get a lot of play in what they do for initial inventory and are saying give us more Shelby's.

Yes, during a grand opening of a new building (even just a move of an existing dealer) Ford will step up with extra inventory at the dealer's request. One of our local dealers did that last year (moved to a beautiful new facility) and Ford gave them a ton of new Mustang GT's and even a Ford GT(40) to help their grand opening when the rest of us dealers in the area got nothin'!

When folks got on lists, it was for a $40K car, not thinking of anything further....when you sit down and have to write the check and see the ADM, gas guzzler tax, state sales tax (if you're unlucky like me), then have to think about local property tax and insurance for this toy, folks will have to have a lot of fortitude to do that. I personally don't believe that the lists are 20 deep with buyers. 3-6 months should be interesting.

I e-mailed everyone on our GT500 list the other day (nearly 60 people). I gave them the official MSRP + our $10K markup so they could see $52,975-$55,060 for a GT500 coupe staring them in the face. Our list is 95% local customers who live within 25 miles of our store. 21 are still in at the current price ($10K ADM), with about 40 waiting for pricing to settle down. Some have told me that they are on multiple lists. That's cool - they gotta ensure that they get one somewhere - but they're way down the lists at those other stores, too, and faced with similar or higher ADM's anywhere around here. Our list was as big as 90 people at one time, but by updating them and questioning them frequently, we've had attrition of about a third of them (ordered elsewhere, bought something else, sent the kids to college, bought a house, sticker shock, etc.). I am absolutely certain that I have way more serious buyers who will buy from us than we'll ever have a hope of getting cars for - this year, next year, and even 2009 if that becomes a reality.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 6 2006, 09:56 PM) 18622[/snapback]

Yes, during a grand opening of a new building (even just a move of an existing dealer) Ford will step up with extra inventory at the dealer's request. One of our local dealers did that last year (moved to a beautiful new facility) and Ford gave them a ton of new Mustang GT's and even a Ford GT(40) to help their grand opening when the rest of us dealers in the area got nothin'!

Ahh Bingo thanks for the confirm. I'll down there this week end trying to get myself something confirmed at the right cost. Since I am willing to do the 5K over I should be able to get something but they are being pretty smart and only selling what is confirmed.

Should I strike a gold mine I will post the info for those interested in the dealer with their permission of course.

Wait a minute.

You're supposed to be on the Road! :shift:

I think you have PSDS as bad as any of us. :happy feet:

I'm in limbo this week. Jury Duty over as of last week. New travel trailer is being detailed and PDI'd as we speak, but our tow rig doesn't go in for major work until tomorrow (adding class III weight distributing hitch, brake controller, 7-pin wiring, etc.) so I can't pick up our new trailer and tow it home until the tow rig is done. I have to work all weekend and next week, but we'll start camping off and on after that. Then we fly to Vegas in several weeks for 5 days.

So, I'm trying to get the PSDS fixes when I can, as there will be many days ahead that I'll have no access to the forums. I guess you're stuck with me intermittendly.

Well I just talked to god,"yes he is a man". He said 15k over msrp. Period end of story.

Maybe not.

Hey Hussman, kind of ironic your in NJ and I'm in VT. and we both get the 15k line huh?

Just would like to hear from those getting one what your paying over msrp,what state your in, and where would you draw the line.

And do you think the car will,"cool off", this year or next? As well as it's retention value for prosperity?

For me, I'm thinking about waiting for an 2008.Not sure yet.

A teens dream in the 70's.4onthefloor4bblcarbanddualexhaust

I'm number 2 on a list for a 2008, so no risk for me unless they scrap it after this year.

Where broeli gets 30,000 units from who knows. But I don't think so.

Let's see--modern math--9,000 this year and maybe 9,000 next or even 10,000 next--9 + 10 = 30

Just a note......

I know of two (2) 07 Shelbys that have allready been sold for $100,000+ in San Diego.

And they are not storing them, they're driving them.. :shift: ..does anybody really think

they're sorry that they didn't opt. for Z06... I've seen them that not it....this is it

repeat after me "2007 SHELBY GT500 w/500+Hp

:woohoo:

I know one thing, they suffer from PSDS and don't know it. Functioning Shelbyholics!!! :party:

what can i say--some people have more money then sense. that's ok with me--i can use the commission

hell maybe they want another one for weekends--i'll take 85K for mine. jsut kidding. still holding out for 10k over--if it doesn;t sell in a few months. money talks and (* walkes..

Well I just talked to god,"yes he is a man". He said 15k over msrp. Period end of story.

Maybe not.

Hey Hussman, kind of ironic your in NJ and I'm in VT. and we both get the 15k line huh?

Just would like to hear from those getting one what your paying over msrp,what state your in, and where would you draw the line.

And do you think the car will,"cool off", this year or next? As well as it's retention value for prosperity?

For me, I'm thinking about waiting for an 2008.Not sure yet.

A teens dream in the 70's.4onthefloor4bblcarbanddualexhaust

Thats not too bad brother...hearing alot worse. Never thought I'd be happy at $15K over but at least we got to order as we want. I'm in MA,...maybe a NE line or something.

It may cool in the short term (anyone notice you can get an '00 R for about $45K???). If your in it for the long haul (I'll be buried in mine!) then it makes no difference if we get slammed for $15K...trying to stay positive.

You guys need to do a little searching on the other threads.

The latest is (from a reliable? source) that Ford will produce Shelbys for 3 years.

It might be time to pause before paying big ADM's?

:shift:

You guys need to do a little searching on the other threads.

The latest is (from a reliable? source) that Ford will produce Shelbys for 3 years.

It might be time to pause before paying big ADM's?

:shift:

Your probably right,..but a "bird in the hand"

I myself do not have the patience to wait!

Well I made my stand this morning. I will hear soon if I will be an 2007 or 2008 owner. I said 10k over is my top dollar. If 10k is cutting his profit expectations short for this car, and I'm being unreasonable, I say see ya.

See ya it will be. An update on my story line.

I have not heard as of yet on what whether the owner will accept my offer of 10k over. I am on the #2 car and they will get 3 this year. Looks like #3 has been sold, and since I've not got an answer yet,they are shopping it.

I did my own shopping. I was/am #2 of 3. My guess is I probably wouldn't see the car until next year.

I worked a deal 7.5 over with a dealer that only gets one car. I think non pres cup dealers and non prior svt dealers are third priority for allocation, however he seems to believe his 1 car will be built before 1/01/08. And is willing to bet me on it. I had to put the 7.5 down not refundable. My only out is if the car is not built I can eject and get my dough back. I won't be driving it anyway December or January in Vermont. I can also see how the prices are doing then,if they've cooled off I can work a deal elsewhere closer to msrp.

All the bigger dealers are stuck to 20k over up here. And there are a lot of takers.

Bottom line, I'm a happy man. 2.5k extra at least for goodies!!

See ya it will be. An update on my story line.

I have not heard as of yet on what whether the owner will accept my offer of 10k over. I am on the #2 car and they will get 3 this year. Looks like #3 has been sold, and since I've not got an answer yet,they are shopping it.

I did my own shopping. I was/am #2 of 3. My guess is I probably wouldn't see the car until next year.

I worked a deal 7.5 over with a dealer that only gets one car. I think non pres cup dealers and non prior svt dealers are third priority for allocation, however he seems to believe his 1 car will be built before 1/01/08. And is willing to bet me on it. I had to put the 7.5 down not refundable. My only out is if the car is not built I can eject and get my dough back. I won't be driving it anyway December or January in Vermont. I can also see how the prices are doing then,if they've cooled off I can work a deal elsewhere closer to msrp.

All the bigger dealers are stuck to 20k over up here. And there are a lot of takers.

Bottom line, I'm a happy man. 2.5k extra at least for goodies!!

I'm glad you got a better deal. I still think you would do even better than that by 1/1/08.

I'm glad you got a better deal. I still think you would do even better than that by 1/1/08.

Very likely. And if the prices do drop, and my car is not built by then, I have the option to find a better deal. The only possible snag at that point would be finding a dealer that has an unordered 2007 at that point in time. And to make things worse from that perspective,a dealer that has allocation and will sell at 5k or less then msrp will be like trying to find the preverbial needle in a hay stack.

So it is a plan with flaws. However I am #2 on a list for a 2008. But that means waiting until what, January 2009 for a car? Which wont be driven until spring 09? A long time to have to wait.

Archived