TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much over msrp will you be paying?

Ok.....jRichard just informed me that he gave somebody the name of the dealership on these threads today and they just made the deal for 5k over..... Who's the lucky guy! post here and let us all know!

[b]But on the otherhand maybe jRichard was just blowing smoke! [/b :wacko: ] I'm sure the dealership would like the praise for not being a greety :censored: Your turn to come clean and share the info jRichard!

I just struck the deal from jrichard...

I cannot tell the dealership yet, I want to make sure it is real...

$5K over MSRP... :happy feet: :bandance: :bandance:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know that there will be a GT500KR in 2008?

I've seen nothing to indicate that they are limiting production to the 2007 model year for the GT500's. May very well turn out to be true but seems silly to me.

Not sure where you get the 18,000 number but its not accurate. The 08 Shelby will be the GT500KR not the same car. Show me anything that shows Ford will build over 9,000 Shelby's? Its a limited production car just like the Lightning, Cobra & the GT. In the beginning Ford said they would build approx 4000 Ford GT's thats pretty much exactly how many they will build. I believe the cutoff for the GT is August 31 of 2006.

I have purchased 2 Shelby's at this point. The 3rd one that became avail to me is going to a friend out of state.

In 1993 when the Lightnings first came out I tried but could not get one until January of 1996 when I bought one 2000 miles away for pretty much MSRP. My Muscle car collection went up 3-400% in last couple years. Getting too old to work on them like I once did. Wanted something fun I could just jump in and drive. I will keep one to drive the snot out of the other to keep the miles low. Investment in 2-5yrs? I agree who knows?

Value in 20yrs? Again who knows? Watch the pricing on these cars in next 6 months!! In one market area I checked out there are 7 Dealers there. There are literally HUNDREDS of people who have cash in hand wanting a car they do not have time to search the country for, that are willing to pay 10k over MSRP or more.

I have bought a dozen new FORDS over last few years just because I like them and support FORD to the max. If it costs me a few grand per year to have a nice new ford so be it. I have a lot of friends who cheap out and buy the junk that needs a new transmission, engine or a lot of other high buck items. It costs me about the same to stay in a new one.

The depreciation on these cars I think will be quite minimal. Its A chance I am willing to take. I rather enjoy when so many people do not like the markup it leaves me all the more cars to buy.

I think the early cars are the way to go. Middle of winter the pricing will drop but do not expect to find one UNDER MSRP unless you get quite lucky.

Where can you find another honest 500hp car for this much $$$$$$$$$

GT500KR is in the works now. THis came from a source I cannot disclose. Could things change? Sure but its a pretty good chance they will be built. Again a pretty limited production & will NOT be done by Ford but Shelby. Do you think Shelby Auto is going to stop at the GT350-H with Hertz?

Very cloak and dagger...is his name Deepthroat? B)

I have no idea about the KR for 2008.

I don't believe Ford has an interest in keeping GT500 prod numbers low. They sell to the dealer, not the retail consumer like me. I believe they want to sell as many as these as they can. Why wouldn't they want to do that?

Anyway, it doesn't matter.... we'll all know in 10-16 months or so. I (and others) am/are betting that Ford will make as many of the bad boys as they think they have demand for.

Oh, y'all should check this out on Ebay - the clown actually claims the 2007 GT500 will be worth $215,000!

2007 GT500 will be worth $215,000 in the future

I would like to know why he's selling for such a low price if it's going to be worth $215k.

Uh, gotta say too funny.

Keep the pricing up? For the dealers? Unnamed source? Uhm, come on.

Or, Ford could produce the GT500 for another year. 10,000 units x $40,000/unit (+/- invoice) = $400 million of revenue...most of which falls to the bottom line since were talking production on the margin. No, wait...Ford would rather let it's dealers make an extra $10k/unit on 10,000 units. None of which flows to Ford's bottom line.

Then it could come out with a GT500KR. For two years. 20,000 units x $50,000/unit = $1 billion of revenue. Again, production on the margin.

Sorry, but your unsupported theory doesn't make sense. I guess it might happen. But lots of things might happen.

Who says muscle cars aren't profitable?

Despite all the rumors, etc., etc., most of this can be figured out by following the cash. I learned that from my first real boss while I was an intern in college. It is the most valuable lesson I've ever learned. "If things don't make sense...follow the money. Then they make sense." Since then, that's what I've done and it's been a profitible ride.

Anyway, good playing the game with you.

Uh, gotta say too funny.

Keep the pricing up? For the dealers? Unnamed source? Uhm, come on.

No, wait...Ford would rather let it's dealers make an extra $10k/unit on 10,000 units. None of which flows to Ford's bottom line.

Sorry, but your unsupported theory doesn't make sense. I guess it might happen. But lots of things might happen.

Bingo, we have a winner!

2 years = definitely. 3rd year = if they were smart. Ford's going to make as many as they can without having to resort to rebates or special financing. Just like they really don't care that dealers are charging ADM's out the wazoo now, they won't care when dealers will have to sell at MSRP or below if they make just a few too many. Ford only cares about volume (without rebates!!), not "out the door" sell prices. Why? Because they'll then come out with the newest flavor of the year (Bullit, Boss, Mach etc...) that will revive demand.

When y'all refer to the KR - do you mean the Man Racer?

I've read that they'll be $200,000 for those who will race them and race them only.

I hope to get more information on all things Shelby - very soon - from my own "sources." :shift:

TTB

Ford has said over and over 2 year run with between 7 and 13k EACH year. 2 mags have recently reported 3 years (R&T and 5.0 Mustang).

Maybe a KR will be built, there certainly have been enough rumors to support it. It would basically be a Cobra R type car and not replace the regular GT500. IF you are looking for an investment. Put your money on the KR. These GT500s will not be worth even close to MSRP in 2-5 years, let alone gain money. They will likely be worth a fair amount in 25 or 30 years, but, putting your money in stocks or real estate will yield you better returns than that car.

You have been sucked in by the hype. IF you want to spend money needlessly, feel free. The rest of us will be laughing at you in 9-12 months when the cars are selling at MSRP or better.

Not sure where you get the 18,000 number but its not accurate. The 08 Shelby will be the GT500KR not the same car. Show me anything that shows Ford will build over 9,000 Shelby's? Its a limited production car just like the Lightning, Cobra & the GT. In the beginning Ford said they would build approx 4000 Ford GT's thats pretty much exactly how many they will build.

They made about 13,500 2003 Cobras.

They said they would make 6500 Mach 1s with only a 1 years run. They ended up making over 16,000 in 2 years.

Ford is having a hard time procuring 7500 6 speed trans. for this year, where are they going to pull more from and with the Challenger coming out with probably the same trans. sounds like a bottleneck in production numbers .:headscratch:

Ford just recently stated 9000 this year. It was in the thread by 5 oh B when they had the teleconference that was supposed to(but didn't) release pricing.

Thread

If you believe 9000 why in post #72 did you think 13000? There are so many numbers out there that nobody knows , we will just have to wait and see. I just want mine I don't care if there are 20 or 20000...I JUST WANT MINE :shift:

5.4 shelby no disrepect...just making a point.

SVT told me a year ago they would build between 7000 and 13000 a year. I believe that a company in trouble is going to sell closer to 13000 if they can. Limited parts and the like may hold them back, but, if they can sell them, they will make them. I think they are just telling us 9,000 right now to keep interest up. Ford has nothing to gain from limiting this car.

I don't have any inside info. Just common sense. I have seen many, many car go through this same process. The SHELBY on the back brings in new buyers, but, it won't mean the car will be an instant collectible. The true collectors will see that the car will be readily available and wait to get it later at a good price or even used. buy low, sell high.

I don't take arguments or disagreements as lack of respect. Your opinion is just as valid as mine. Feel free to counterpoint me any time.

I think I started more than intended with the 10K rumor. If this stems from that post at all it was just due to a DJ in CHicago I heard talking about the car this week end. I agree 20 or 20K I just want mine. I have never paid even MSRP before and qualify for the X plan and have a PIN sitting ready to go butam willing to pay MSRP (maybe 5K above becasue I want it so bad, not for an investment). I've said it a number of ties that a car is not a good investment....although in rare cases it may work out to be a good investment as a rule a car will not go up in value.

I want this onebecause out of the box it is the fastest, most powerful I would have ever had. I want to upgrade it for fun and hobby. It would never see rainy or snow covered roads and would be a toy...nothing more. I actually looked at the GTO today given the cost is rought 12K less and the MSRP is probably pretty lose so maybe 15K less than shelby MSRP of the shelby and pretty close on prefd. #'s...but I can't do it. I want this car and if I can get the color's I want etc. for MSRP it is what I will have. If not....then Ford will notget my money and one of the comp. will and as a share holder of Ford I will be even more upset with a company that has a product to sell and opts to look out for the individual investor rather than the company preformance and would feel that there wouldneed to be a hard lookat the leadership of the company....that being said my recently purchased 1K shares are unlikely to have much pull. The point is a company is not in business to make a few products that people over value. These ar not hand made - they are a production car and volume will be what makes money for Ford....and eventually will be why I can get one at or below my proverbial line in the sand.

I'm paying MSRP plus $1500. My dealer is small town, not SVT certified. I talked him into getting me a Shelby and feel like paying him back the $1500 certification fee is fair.

Oh, I also agreed to let him display it in the show room for a week or two.

I just struck the deal from jrichard...

I cannot tell the dealership yet, I want to make sure it is real...

$5K over MSRP... :happy feet: :bandance: :bandance:

]Well!!!!.........We're all waiting to hear about the deal you made!! Lets share and be honest![/si[/color]ze]

Have much patience, young grasshoppers.

Time will make things right.

If one snaps too soon at butterfly, one will regret moving too soon. :shift:

One will end up with overpriced appetizer - and not enjoy main course. :hysterical:

Well I made my stand this morning. I will hear soon if I will be an 2007 or 2008 owner. I said 10k over is my top dollar. If 10k is cutting his profit expectations short for this car, and I'm being unreasonable, I say see ya.

At our dealership it's still $10K over. Some are waiting figureing the price will come down on later production cars. And it may very well do that.. My question is. If they come down,but there aren't any????

We both take a risk

Bud

This has probably been mentioned before, but let's assume the ADMs do go down. Isn't there a fair chance that Ford will raise the MSRP for '08, based on what dealers are getting over MSRP for the '07 MY?

I sell these and would think it would go up, but would be minimal--say $500

At our dealership it's still $10K over. Some are waiting figureing the price will come down on later production cars. And it may very well do that.. My question is. If they come down,but there aren't any????

We both take a risk

Bud

Mine went from reasonable to 20k over. After talking with the owner he came down to 15k over. I thought about it for the weekend and couldn't justify spending 15 over. With the extra tax, licence it's just not worth it to me based on my thinking there will be one next year for probably 7.5k or less over. And if there are bugs to be worked out on the first year it also works to my advantage. And there may be extended production delay's anyway this year. Right now we just don't know how long they will be.

Yes it's a risk,but one I feel is worth taking. Maybe if most of just told all the gougers sorry, I'll wait,we would be in a better place. But people with money to burn,or a burning desire to have it now are leading the charge.

Mine went from reasonable to 20k over. After talking with the owner he came down to 15k over. I thought about it for the weekend and couldn't justify spending 15 over. With the extra tax, licence it's just not worth it to me based on my thinking there will be one next year for probably 7.5k or less over. And if there are bugs to be worked out on the first year it also works to my advantage. And there may be extended production delay's anyway this year. Right now we just don't know how long they will be.

Yes it's a risk,but one I feel is worth taking. Maybe if most of just told all the gougers sorry, I'll wait,we would be in a better place. But people with money to burn,or a burning desire to have it now are leading the charge.

Not much of a risk really. With Ford making upwards of 30,000 of these they aren't really all that "limited". I bet they'll be msrp or LESS next year...unless there are big improvements. There may also be other models next year like a Boss or Mach 1, which will take even more of the demand away from the GT500.

You'll never see below MSRP on this car!!!

The '08s are already half spoken for from the overflow of '07 demands.

By the end of the summer, once these cars have hit the streets, I wouldn't

be at all surprized to see all of the '08s spoken for.

But, dare to dream man.

And best of luck!!!

KingCobra.

Archived