TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much over msrp will you be paying?

I'm paying 5k over MSRP. Buying from a dealer in N. Wyoming. I'm hoping they don't get greedy and change their tune. If that should happen, I'l wait until I get one MSRP which I do think will be possible in a year or so, or I'll buy a GT, a Roush Supercharger, and a nice set of wheels for same. Most Ford dealers looking like jerks as a result of all of this; hope somebody upstairs (Bill are you there?) is listening.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in TN, One of those smalldealers that was not an SVT dealer. He has not ask for me to pay any of the fees at this time and since he told me 45,060 and his dealership does not charge any type of prep or doc fee I am hoping the price does not increase.

All the SVT dealers around here are getting 15K over. I had two deals with SVT dealers but was not willing to go that high. Its kind of funny how the deal came down. I was sitting in the office of a SVT dealer, I had been #2 on his list but somehow got bumped to #3 and he read me the allocating rules. He could not guarantee a car but I realized all dealers might have a chance at getting one. I called the non ST dealer and he said he had already ordered one and I could have it. I went in the next day and here I am today.

Hey I'm in TN also, so you have already been able to get your car ordered? I've been #2 my my dealer's list for 13mths, since we purchased our 05 GT. They don't even seem to know anything yet. I had to tell him that I found the colors, ordering guides, and pricing etc online myself. I'm sure that they've been sent this stuff by Ford. My sales rep must be really busy or something. They are a SVT dealer and a Focus dealer. We call him regularly for updates but he seems to know nothing.

Hey I'm in TN also, so you have already been able to get your car ordered? I've been #2 my my dealer's list for 13mths, since we purchased our 05 GT. They don't even seem to know anything yet. I had to tell him that I found the colors, ordering guides, and pricing etc online myself. I'm sure that they've been sent this stuff by Ford. My sales rep must be really busy or something. They are a SVT dealer and a Focus dealer. We call him regularly for updates but he seems to know nothing.

It is sad but true that the sales people and most management don't have our enthusiasm about this car. But they do have a good reason not to spend to much time helping you get constant updates. There are going to be too few of these cars to make a living on,and every day business takes priority. If you find a special dealer, they are as interested as you in all the updates and new info.

I went from an awesome sales manager with an owner that wanted 15-20k over" to one that is only getting one car. So he really doesn't know much or care to," doesn't believe me when I tell him things I get out of here", from dead on guy's like 5 oh B and isellford. That is ok though. I'm in a position now to get one for at least 7.5k less.

Like Rufdraft put it, hang out in here and you'll be updated quicker about everything except when your build date and delivery date are.

Archived