TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 500

iluvmymach

What you posted is a Vehicle Order Confirmation. This is what the dealer has input into the system.

The second item is what is called a DORA. They are not the same thing (You did not print this but it should exist, the dealership needs to keep this to verify the accuracy of the order) This is transmitted electronically from Ford to the Dealership confirming the order (Dealer Order Reciept Acknowlegement)

What you posted is the form showing what the order should be.

If the order was placed then the DORA should match the Vehicle Order Confirmation exactly. (option for option).

If you last name is Helm then this looks OK. Since the dealership has indicated that the order was a retail order (Order type 1 = specific customer with name)

The line at the bottom "PRESS F4 TO SUBMIT" is the important line. The order is transmitted to Ford when they press F4. (Picture a button that says launch this order) You can build cars all day long, but the order is only added to the system if you press F4.

The priority code is less of a concern than most people here think. GT500 allocation (scheduling) is determined by the regional office. Typically the region will contact the dealership once their place in line comes up and ask that they prioritize the orders they want built next. So the priority 10-40 will likely change once the dealerships place in line has come up. They get a call and they proiritize the vehcile at that time.

If the GT 500 were not controlled by the regions then the priority code would be crucial and a code of 40 would be the kiss of death. However like I said previously the priority code is of small significance on the GT500. Ford is actively monitoring the production of the car.

What is important is Allocation which is a whole different topic all together. And once again it is grossly misunderstood.

I have a full vin for the Convert. that I ordered with at shaker 1000? Does that mean my car has been built? Or are vin #'s assigned and then a built date is given? Is it possible some of the Converts were built with the Shaker 1000's before the hold went into effect?

I have a full vin for the Convert. that I ordered with at shaker 1000? Does that mean my car has been built? Or are vin #'s assigned and then a built date is given? Is it possible some of the Converts were built with the Shaker 1000's before the hold went into effect?

In my case, the VIN was assigned well before the build date. (coupe)

The VIN is assigned before the car is built. However typically there in not much of a lag time between when the VIN is assigned and the car is built (they will assign a VIN and schedule the car to be built at the same time) The only exceptionn to the VIN/Schedule correlation is at the begining of a build when the plant will want to line up enough cars, but does not yet know how quickly they can produce them. If you have a VIN that is a good thing.

Holds will delay vehicles to be scheduled not ones that are already scheduled.

One last thing. The hold on the Shaker is always mentioned with the phrase 'so and so told me, or I heard that' I cannot locate anything written indicating that the either Shaker is on hold. On GT500 or on the regular Mustang.

I am not saying that there is not a hold, but I cannot find any written confirmation of the rumors. If there were a hold then they would at least list the commodity shortage for the regular Mustangs, but they are not listed as a contolled commodity there either.

Blue Oval will not increase his standing in the lineup. It does mean that the dealership has a history of treating customers well. (Which should count for something in your book).

A priority code is dealer specific. So a priority 10 would indicate when the dealerships turn comes up build this one first. Too many people are concerned (or bragging) about their priority code. For the GT500 any priority code will do (except 99) because nothing will happen until the dealerships place in line comes up. Your dealers ranking nationally as well as the relationship they have with the region will affect the order pull more than the priority code. Hang tight, it will take the whole year to build all the cars. If the order is in the system, then you can expect that Ford will build this car. (Since it appears that all other requirements have been met.)

[/quote

Thanks for your reply. :roses:

Archived