TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 500

Can anyone tell me if this looks valid? i had the order put in on 4/18/06. I still do not have a VIN #

can someone tell me what this all means.....

im being told my car should be delivered in mid July, any one else getting those promises?

CNGP530 VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION 04/18/06 19:12:51

==> _________ ________________________________________ Dealer: F23073

2007 MUSTANG Page: 1 of 1

Order No: 1002 Priority: 40 Order Type: 1 Price Level: 700

Ord Code: 820A Cust/Flt Name: HELM PO Number:

RETAIL DLR INV RETAIL DLR INV

T88 SHELBY COUPE

U3 GRABBER ORANGE

G NO GRAIN MINI

W DARK CHARCOAL

820A ORDER CODE

.ANTI-LOCK BRKS

.TRACTION CONTRL

.PWR DRIVER SEAT

99S .5.4L SC 4V V8

44E .6-SPD MAN TRANS

T9H .P255/45/R18

L59 ***GASGUZTAX***

68S PREM TRIM PKG

854 WHITE STRIPE

F1=Help F2=Return to Order F3/F12=Veh Ord Menu

F4=Submit F5=Add to Library

S099 - PRESS F4 TO SUBMIT QC05616

That looks about right to me.

That appears to be from your DORA.

Alot of people are starting to get VINs now,

so hopefully soon.

And congratulations!!! :woohoo: :happy feet: :woohoo:

KingCobra.

You have no Vin yet because you ordered Grabber Orange, it will be built last...JUST KIDDING. Everything looks cool except I would question the priority 40? :yup:

Mine says Priority 25. I saw someone else's on this site said Priority 10. Anyone out there know what this means? :sos:

Mine says Priority 25. I saw someone else's on this site said Priority 10. Anyone out there know what this means? :sos:

The way I understand it, priority codes range from 10 to 99. 10 is the highest priority (i.e. first built). As far as your priority being 25 goes, as long as there are no Shelbys at your dealer with a lower priority, yours will be first.

The way I understand it, priority codes range from 10 to 99. 10 is the highest priority (i.e. first built). As far as your priority being 25 goes, as long as there are no Shelbys at your dealer with a lower priority, yours will be first.

My dealer told me I was getting the 1st of his 3 cars (SVT dealer, President's Club), which I believe is true. Does anyone have any idea how many cars are in each Priority group or how to decide when a Priority 10, 25, or 99 car will be built? I'm wondering where my car is relative to other dealers. :shrug:

My dealer told me I was getting the 1st of his 3 cars (SVT dealer, President's Club), which I believe is true. Does anyone have any idea how many cars are in each Priority group or how to decide when a Priority 10, 25, or 99 car will be built? I'm wondering where my car is relative to other dealers. :shrug:

FiveOhB or ISellFord could answer this best, but I believe the priority codes are dealer-specific. In other words, as long as your priority is the lowest at your dealer, it is treated as the top priority by Ford.

FiveOhB or ISellFord could answer this best, but I believe the priority codes are dealer-specific. In other words, as long as your priority is the lowest at your dealer, it is treated as the top priority by Ford.

Interesting! Thanks for taking the time to respond! :shift:

You have no Vin yet because you ordered Grabber Orange, it will be built last...JUST KIDDING. Everything looks cool except I would question the priority 40? :yup:

Talk about throwing a scare to a guy...LMAO. That would be like me telling RUFDRAFT that the moderators decided on a policy to pay $10 for each post you had made in the past as a way of recognizing them for their contributions. :hysterical:

Dave

iluvmymach

What you posted is a Vehicle Order Confirmation. This is what the dealer has input into the system.

The second item is what is called a DORA. They are not the same thing (You did not print this but it should exist, the dealership needs to keep this to verify the accuracy of the order) This is transmitted electronically from Ford to the Dealership confirming the order (Dealer Order Reciept Acknowlegement)

What you posted is the form showing what the order should be.

If the order was placed then the DORA should match the Vehicle Order Confirmation exactly. (option for option).

If you last name is Helm then this looks OK. Since the dealership has indicated that the order was a retail order (Order type 1 = specific customer with name)

The line at the bottom "PRESS F4 TO SUBMIT" is the important line. The order is transmitted to Ford when they press F4. (Picture a button that says launch this order) You can build cars all day long, but the order is only added to the system if you press F4.

The priority code is less of a concern than most people here think. GT500 allocation (scheduling) is determined by the regional office. Typically the region will contact the dealership once their place in line comes up and ask that they prioritize the orders they want built next. So the priority 10-40 will likely change once the dealerships place in line has come up. They get a call and they proiritize the vehcile at that time.

If the GT 500 were not controlled by the regions then the priority code would be crucial and a code of 40 would be the kiss of death. However like I said previously the priority code is of small significance on the GT500. Ford is actively monitoring the production of the car.

What is important is Allocation which is a whole different topic all together. And once again it is grossly misunderstood.

Can anyone tell me if this looks valid? i had the order put in on 4/18/06. I still do not have a VIN #

can someone tell me what this all means.....

im being told my car should be delivered in mid July, any one else getting those promises?

CNGP530 VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION 04/18/06 19:12:51

==> _________ ________________________________________ Dealer: F23073

2007 MUSTANG Page: 1 of 1

Order No: 1002 Priority: 40 Order Type: 1 Price Level: 700

Ord Code: 820A Cust/Flt Name: HELM PO Number:

RETAIL DLR INV RETAIL DLR INV

T88 SHELBY COUPE

U3 GRABBER ORANGE

G NO GRAIN MINI

W DARK CHARCOAL

820A ORDER CODE

.ANTI-LOCK BRKS

.TRACTION CONTRL

.PWR DRIVER SEAT

99S .5.4L SC 4V V8

44E .6-SPD MAN TRANS

T9H .P255/45/R18

L59 ***GASGUZTAX***

68S PREM TRIM PKG

854 WHITE STRIPE

F4=Submit F5=Add to Library

S099 - PRESS F4 TO SUBMIT QC05616

Your price level oughta reflect the current MSRP. The price level should be 715 till Ford bumps or changes prices. Since the order was placed prior to issuance of the MSRP it has a 700 code.

ok,

thanks to all of you who are informing me on this matter. Platinumlion, could you tell me what this means, now. i just got this emailed to me today. my priority has changed to a 99. now i have a contract for the 3rd car out of 4 cars that are to be coming to this dealership. i have called them and they said my car was being built and should be ready for pick up sometime in mid July. has anyone else been told the same thing?

so you talked about a DORA, is this it? i copied this straight from my email. im hoping this means that my car was sent in to be built. can anyone tell me if that is the case or not?

thanks for all your help......

Helm

F23073

2007 MUSTANG Page: 1

of 1

Order No: 2000 Priority: 99 Order Type: 2 Price Level:

Ord Code: 820A Cust/Flt Name: PO Number:

RETAIL RETAIL

T88 SHELBY COUPE $40930 2 U.S. GAL GAS

U3 GRABBER ORANGE FDAF ASSESSMENT

G NO GRAIN MINI DEST AND DELIV 745

W DARK CHARCOAL TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 43570

820A ORDER CODE TOTAL 43570

.ANTI-LOCK BRKS *THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

.TRACTION CONTRL

.PWR DRIVER SEAT

99S .5.4L SC 4V V8 NC

44E .6-SPD MAN TRANS NC

T9H .P255/45/R18 NC

L59 ***GASGUZTAX*** 1300

31S SHIP THRU NC

68S PREM TRIM PKG 595

854 WHITE STRIPE

The two Vehicle Order Confirmations do not relate to the same orders.

When you put in an order the Dealer assigns an order number (Could be any four alphanumeric characters.) The first order was order #1002 the second print is order #2000. I would bet that the dealer was merely trying to inform you of the pricing, and not provide an order update. Your first confirmation shows the date prior to announced pricing. While the second has pricing on it. The dealer probably put in the info just to get the pricing. Notice that the second order is a vehicle order type 2= Stock order. And does not have your name on it. DO NOT PANIC. Many dealers are superstitous about messing up the order when they enter the info. I would wager that the original order number is still in the system. There is one odd thing on the second post. The ship thru item. Someone must have designated the order to go to someplace other than the ordering dealer. Since i doubt this is your order I would not worry too much about this.

if what you are reading (print out) states "hit f4 to submit" at the botom of screen shot (below text ) then what you are looking at is a print screen of an order that has NOT yet been submitted.

if what you are looking at a print screen that has

"u311 - order # a123 has been added to order bank" (sub your order #)

then what you are seeing is a print out of the screen after f4 was pressed.

DORA's will only come after order has actualy been submitted

my car is an order code 1. Does this mean my car will be built in June? The same dealer has 3 other orders that are order code 10. They were ordered ahead of mine. Does my order code 1 help me get my car before theirs?

If you mean that the order type is 1 then your order is classified as a retail sale. (ordered for a specific customer)

if you mean that the priority code is 1 then your order will be submitted to the plant the next allocation period.

So you need to clarify whether it is order type or priority code.

There is not really anything classified as 'Order Code'

Any way to know for sure that F4 was pushed and order was submitted?

I have basically the same VOC as ILMM but nothing further.

Thanks

It is not just pushing F4 to order. What you want is the Dealer Order Reciept Acknowlegement (DORA)

This not only confirms the F4 but also verifies that the order is what you wanted. In a sense you can veiw the DORA as a confirmation from the factory of what they will build for you.

They called me the next day and asked if I was ready to order but told mngr if he remembered hanging up on someone that was me. Ordered it from his competition......

Feels good, doesn't it? Bad press is the only thing that may change bad dealer's attitudes! Tell everyone you know.

yes I am a Power Lease Holder. Shows Priority 10 but was changed to a priority 1

Just curious how that puts me in line compared to other orders from same dealer. In My area I am the only power lease option. Only my dealer even knew what it was. My dealer is a SVT dealer & Pres award dealer.

Ordered it from my regular dealer. Great place but now manager is on vacation so I cannot find out the status.

Priority 1 will be scheduled (assigned a build week) so when the Mgr. gets back ask which week the vehicle is scheduled to be built. Then try to resist calling VOPC until the week after your vehicle is scheduled. by then the dealership should have an ETA (To the Dealership)

Thanks Platinum!

When manager gets back from vacation 1 day later & I will be going on vacation for 15days. Unable to know the status as will have no phone contact. I guess I will be counting stars every night so I can fall a sleep

most likely will not get to speak with him before I leave.

Many people have access to the computer system. The dealers also get reports from Ford when the status changes. It will show on the report for about seven days and will re-appear whenever the status of the order changes. Maybe someone else at the dealership can check before you leave. However it has been my experience that it is best to let orders run thier course. I ordered over 2400 fleet vehciles last year and whenever someone calls me and says that they really need a vehcile it seems like that order will show up last. Kind of like the old saying a watched pot never boils. Except in this case a watched order never changes. (not true but it can seem like it.)

Have a great vacation.

For what it is worth on Blue Oval News there are some internal Ford employees that will look up the status of your order for you. I think the screen name for the guy is Kzinti?

Spoke to my dealer again today & was told their status sheet is updated every monday. They will call regional for me to see if my car is properly changed to a 1 priority code. My partial VIN shows up on sheet but says material hold at this time. sounds like SVT/Ford is buried tying to verify status on the Shelby orders.

The 2nd person who can answer my questions got married last saturday so I am SOL for a while trying to figure out actual status. I am sure once car sits on showroom floor for a few months they will let me know I can pick it up!!!!!!! Blue Oval Certified, Presidents Award, SVT full line with SVT Focus dealer. THink I picked the right dealer to buy from using my PL so will just have to try to find a way to get rid of the PSDS.

I guess if I spend 25hrs per day here it wil help pass the time until I can get a VIN number and build date.

I guess I can take the 460hp SuperCharged 5.0 Ranger for a ride. (its 3720lbs) it ran high 12's @ 114 so should be pretty close to the Shelby (not as fast but close) :doh::doh:

I doubt that the dealership is Blue oval Certified and Presidents Awards winners by abusing customers. If you have the powerlease I would place good odds on a Full VIN soon.

The PL will not affect thier allocation so that is another plus.

Besides exercising the rubber on the Ranger you should prep the stable, plan the mods and route the first round of road trips in the new toy.

And one last thing.

Try not to ruin the Vacation by thinking about the new toy.

Platinum, I spoke with the dealer earlier today 6/9 and was told person who will be able to tell me will be back from honeymoon on monday. Should know something then, Sales person will call me with updates while on vacation or when a change in status happens.

My dealer is only blue oval certified does this status mean anything when considered for allocation. Oh, they also took the test and are certified for svt sales. It's a very small dealership. In what priority status do I need to expect for the dealer to finally get my GT500.

My order has been placed, with a priority 10, and I have of copy of order receipt dated 05/05/06 and the DORA date processed 31 May 2006.

Does my dealer fall in line after tha PL letters, PA, SVT, SVT focus dealers. Could someone enlighten me what to expect in this situation. Thanks! :sos:

Many people have access to the computer system. The dealers also get reports from Ford when the status changes. It will show on the report for about seven days and will re-appear whenever the status of the order changes. Maybe someone else at the dealership can check before you leave. However it has been my experience that it is best to let orders run thier course. I ordered over 2400 fleet vehciles last year and whenever someone calls me and says that they really need a vehcile it seems like that order will show up last. Kind of like the old saying a watched pot never boils. Except in this case a watched order never changes. (not true but it can seem like it.)

Have a great vacation.

For what it is worth on Blue Oval News there are some internal Ford employees that will look up the status of your order for you. I think the screen name for the guy is Kzinti?

Kzinti is no longer in business, the union put the kabash on him. :fan:

Dave

My dealer is only blue oval certified does this status mean anything when considered for allocation. Oh, they also took the test and are certified for svt sales. It's a very small dealership. In what priority status do I need to expect for the dealer to finally get my GT500

Blue Oval will not increase his standing in the lineup. It does mean that the dealership has a history of treating customers well. (Which should count for something in your book).

A priority code is dealer specific. So a priority 10 would indicate when the dealerships turn comes up build this one first. Too many people are concerned (or bragging) about their priority code. For the GT500 any priority code will do (except 99) because nothing will happen until the dealerships place in line comes up. Your dealers ranking nationally as well as the relationship they have with the region will affect the order pull more than the priority code. Hang tight, it will take the whole year to build all the cars. If the order is in the system, then you can expect that Ford will build this car. (Since it appears that all other requirements have been met.)

Archived