TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How are GT500's shipped from the factory to the dealer?

rown4au

My GT500 is supposed to get delivered to my dealer in Kingston, NY (or may have it drop shipped straight to Tasca in RI, am undecided at the moment) around mid Feb. How is Ford likely to ship my car to NY? Train then car trailer? Do they ship GT500's on standard open trailers or do they use enclosed ones?

The reason I ask is I am wondering if my car will be making a prolonged journey on salty nasty roads to the dealer which obviously I am hoping to avoid but realize I will probably have absolutely no say in.

Thanks;

Jaime

My GT500 is supposed to get delivered to my dealer in Kingston, NY (or may have it drop shipped straight to Tasca in RI, am undecided at the moment) around mid Feb. How is Ford likely to ship my car to NY? Train then car trailer? Do they ship GT500's on standard open trailers or do they use enclosed ones?

The reason I ask is I am wondering if my car will be making a prolonged journey on salty nasty roads to the dealer which obviously I am hoping to avoid but realize I will probably have absolutely no say in.

Thanks;

Jaime

They ship both ways but not sure to NY.Either way it will end up at the dealer in an open trailer. :banghead:

Archived