TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just bought a 66 Mk 1A

66TigerMk1A

Hey There,

SWEET ride. Great purchase - I am sure you will be REAL happy with it.

Kinda reminds me of a car a friend of mine and I built about 15 years ago - was a Datsun Fairlady (a roadster kind of car - similar to yours). We stuffed a Chevy Rat motor into it with a Muncie 5 speed and a shortened Dana-60 in the rear. What a rocketship that was :) He is doing another one right now on his own - stroked small block Chevy with a tunnel ram on it.

Enjoy your ride :)

Page

tgr1.JPG

tg2.JPG

a645_3.JPG

tg3.JPG

Have been looking for months. It is a fine example of a complete numbers matching car with the original engine.

It may be a "poor mans Cobra" but it is a real 60's Shelby car.

Very SWEEEEET, reminds me of my '65 Tiger (see pic in my member photo gallery under Cali_KR),

oh, how I miss that car. Nothin' 'poor' about it, a unique ride as far as I'm concerned. Congratulat :shift: ions

Very SWEEEEET, reminds me of my '65 Tiger (see pic in my member photo gallery under Cali_KR),

oh, how I miss that car. Nothin' 'poor' about it, a unique ride as far as I'm concerned. Congratulat :shift: ions

Cali_KR,

What a nice looking car. When did you sell it?

For those of you who do not want to search, here is Cali_KR's ex Tiger -

gallery_10165_181_2276.jpg

Cali_KR,

What a nice looking car. When did you sell it?

For those of you who do not want to search, here is Cali_KR's ex Tiger -

gallery_10165_181_2276.jpg

Hey Duke,

Owned from late 1986 to 1995, bought by a collector and shipped to Auckland New Zealand, was sorry to see it leave the continent.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Any news on your Tiger? Mine is apart at the body shop, hope to see it again one day......

Lots and lots of news.

I don't really hang out here too much. Lots of info on the CAT forum - http://www.catmbr.or...forum/index.php

My car is now sporting a 400+ HP 347, has RX7 rear disk brakes and many other reversible mods that allows it to spank Corvettes all day long. Fastest time thus far is 12.2 1/4 mile but I am confident with recent changes, I am in the 11s now.

Link to 347 build and install -

http://www.facebook....=3&l=33c2567b45

Whoopin up on a supercharged Mustang -

009-3.jpg

Great looking motor. AFR Heads? 185s or 225s? DIstributor? Looks to be the original oiling system modified?

fordmanpa@gmail.com

It will probably be a year or so before I get mine put back together.

Gene

Great looking motor. AFR Heads? 185s or 225s? DIstributor? Looks to be the original oiling system modified?

fordmanpa@gmail.com

It will probably be a year or so before I get mine put back together.

Gene

Thanks!

AFR 185

MSD #8352 Ready-to-Run. Also has a built in REV limiter.

Original oil system. Did not want to go with that very small spin on filter.

There is a lot of info on the FB album. Each pic has info.

Feel free to email me with any questions when you start wrench’in - wsamouceATkc.rr.com

Kinda reminds me of a car a friend of mine and I built about 15 years ago - was a Datsun Fairlady (a roadster kind of car - similar to yours).

We stuffed a Chevy Rat motor into it with a Muncie 5 speed.....

Uhhhh, a *Muncie* 5-speed??? Never heard of a MUNCIE 5-spd. What'd that come in?

And you put a BIG BLOCK CHEVY into a Datsun Fairlady? My first thought is....WHYYYYY!?

A BBC is sooooo much heavier than a SBC and you can make a 383ci stroker or use a OE 400ci (SBC "Mouse Motor") that will yeild real close to what a 427 (BBC "Rat Motor") would get you with a SUBSTANTIAL reduction in weight, and all of the weight being over the front axle (for a better weight bias).

I'm puzzled....

On Topic: I *LOVE* the Sunbeam Tiger's. Never owned one but had a customer with one I worked on quite a bit. Just saw a BEAUTIFUL example of one driving up the road out her in Co. Springs, CO.

To the OP: Great bu! I'm envious.

EDIT: I just noticed this post was from 2007! <lol>

Phill

Thanks!

No, no issues. I did have 1/2" of the manifold carb surface taken off. This allowes me to use a Holley heat shield and spacer witch really helps with heat transfer. I also have a 1/8” spacer between the engines mounts and frame brackets to allow for space for the 15” Derale fan.

• 1 month later...

Slicks + Linelock = WooooooHooooooo! Don't try this at home.

NICE! That's the nastiest Tiger I've ever heard! <LOL>

Phill

... That was textbook to say the least...

Yeah, it was purty good. Good enough to motivate me to get my bigg butt out into the garage and start on my line-lock instalation!

Phill

Dyno numbers are in!

386.3 RWHP - 454 crank (15% loss)

379.6 RWTQ - 446 crank (15% loss)

Was still gaining HP @ 6K, may have a fuel delivery limitation because I increased the secondaries by two jet sizes and it did not richen the top end.

454DynoRun1.jpg

I am VERY happy with the numbers.

Video -

Archived