TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 KR "Knight Rider"?

nachtkriechen

I don't know if I just need time for it to grow on me, but I'm not sure I want it to. I think it's the parking lights they've put above the headlights and the ricer rear wings (yes, it appears to have TWO rear wings) that bother me the most about the design. The Knight Rider KR just looks like they added as many lights and aerodynamic parts as they could fit on the car. :barf:

Anyone want to guess how quickly this series will fail?

- Josh

I don't know if I just need time for it to grow on me, but I'm not sure I want it to. I think it's the parking lights they've put above the headlights and the ricer rear wings (yes, it appears to have TWO rear wings) that bother me the most about the design. The Knight Rider KR just looks like they added as many lights and aerodynamic parts as they could fit on the car. :barf:

Anyone want to guess how quickly this series will fail?

- Josh

Josh - this is the first photo that came to mind when I saw it.

HSURB

post-6100-1198363506_thumb.jpg

post-6100-1198363506_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw a commercial for this car on tv! It didn't have the rear wings like the photo! It only had the stock ducktail like the GT500. THat looked pretty sweet. Sounded good too.

The one with the rear "boy racer" type spoiler is the "Attack Mode" K.I.T.T. Here's a vid that shows the 3 different K.I.T.T.'s they're using in the show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xn4K7eM1tj4

Yes, and with the right compound tires, it will smoke up like that.

First off, I must be a chicken shit, as just attempting it would freak me out... Second, I understand what you are saying as most these cars do have different wheels and tires. Looks to me like the have narrow tires on the car, which have to be easier to smoke as well. Sort of scary! But I think I will stick to letting my tires last a few years! But I do like seeing other cars do it... I seen the vid of one of our members, that was pretty cool to watch!

So I gotta ask... the KR is a GT500 with the FRPP CAI and tune, exhaust change, and some minor underside mods... do you really think that car stock can burn out like that? At just about 550HP?

They said all cars used are stock, except the Chase Mode K.I.T.T.

It looks either Ebony or Alloy. :happy feet:

Now I see we all own a piece of movie history. :happy feet: Two Mustang GT500's in two different movies.

Does this mean the value went up? :hysterical2: Or if the show tanks does the value go down? :hysterical:

They say"The GT500KR is built up from a Mustang GT with an automatic transmission to facilitate the driving scenes, stunts, and camera work necessary to produce the great action scenes in the movie. Stunt versions were also built for doing all of the aggressive driving maneuvers."

Ruf, I think the Rufstang could of pulled this off. :banvictory:

Here's a scary thought. Back in the days of the original TV series, they jumped the K.I.T.T. car A LOT, just like they did with the Dodge Charger in the Dukes Of Hazzard series. If they wind up jumping (junking?) a GT500KR in the upcoming Knight Rider movie, I'm going to cry right there in the theater. :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of the commercials that R on tv. This one does not have the rear spoiler I think :hysterical2: Love the steering wheel. In this Commercial it still has the Cobra in the front grill.

http://jalopnik.com/341198/30+second-knigh...-boost-in-sight

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the commercials that R on tv. This one does not have the rear spoiler I think :hysterical2: Love the steering wheel. In this Commercial it still has the Cobra in the front grill.

http://jalopnik.com/341198/30+second-knigh...-boost-in-sight

Well Boys, I don't believe the K.I.T.T.,GT500KR, car in Knight-Rider have don't their home work, wait till they match up against the Day Rider, thats if they even dare! A 900 HP Shelby GT500KB to air on KB3! :finger:

post-8064-1203085328_thumb.jpg

post-8064-1203085404_thumb.jpg

post-8064-1203085481_thumb.jpg

post-8064-1203085328_thumb.jpg

post-8064-1203085404_thumb.jpg

post-8064-1203085481_thumb.jpg

Archived