TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Proud owner of GT500 convertible

Shipwright

It's been four and half year odyssey fraught with moments of second-guessing, confusion, disappointment, elation, frustration and finally great joy. As of this morning my wife and myself are proud owners of a 08 Shelby GT500 Grabber Orange Convertible, which I ordered on the 18th of October this year. The last year of my wait was spent "negotiating" with two SVT dealerships, neither one of which are from the Province in which I reside. Finally after a lot of offers, counter-offers and long periods of silence I reached a mutually agreed upon price with a dealer in Newfoundland (MSRP) and had the car drop-shipped to a local dealer here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Don’t congratulate me yet, I live in the Great White North and with the current currency valuation I still paid about 7 – 8K more than my American cousins. You will notice that the car in question is still at the dealership because the weather definitely precludes me from driving home today (damn Maritime weather). The plan is to either wait until the roads clear up enough or have the Shelby flat-bedded to my home so that I can tuck her in for the winter. So without further delay here a few pictures.

th_DSCF0554.jpg

th_DSCF0539.jpg

I’d like to thank Mr. Gosset and Darrington for constructing such a great engine.

th_DSCF0558.jpg

I have been lurking for a while and have learned a lot from the folks here. I plan on being an active member of this site and will be asking for advice in modifying/improving my new toy. My preliminary modification list consists of:

1- Sending the passenger side airbag cover for signature by Carroll Shelby.

2- Installing sequential tail lights: and

3- Installing a nice pair of drone free Borla axle-backs.

It's been four and half year odyssey fraught with moments of second-guessing, confusion, disappointment, elation, frustration and finally great joy. As of this morning my wife and myself are proud owners of a 08 Shelby GT500 Grabber Orange Convertible, which I ordered on the 18th of October this year. The last year of my wait was spent "negotiating" with two SVT dealerships, neither one of which are from the Province in which I reside. Finally after a lot of offers, counter-offers and long periods of silence I reached a mutually agreed upon price with a dealer in Newfoundland (MSRP) and had the car drop-shipped to a local dealer here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Don’t congratulate me yet, I live in the Great White North and with the current currency valuation I still paid about 7 – 8K more than my American cousins. You will notice that the car in question is still at the dealership because the weather definitely precludes me from driving home today (damn Maritime weather). The plan is to either wait until the roads clear up enough or have the Shelby flat-bedded to my home so that I can tuck her in for the winter. So without further delay here a few pictures.

th_DSCF0554.jpg

th_DSCF0539.jpg

I’d like to thank Mr. Gosset and Darrington for constructing such a great engine.

th_DSCF0558.jpg

I have been lurking for a while and have learned a lot from the folks here. I plan on being an active member of this site and will be asking for advice in modifying/improving my new toy. My preliminary modification list consists of:

Congratulations on the car. I really like how the black top really brings out all the other black trim pieces on the car.

Enjoy.

HSURB

HSURB:

I'm toying the the idea of eventually having black stripes painted on in a couple of years.

Shipwright - painted is the way to go. If I ever have any damage to the stripes, or if the start to crack or peel - that is the only reason I'll need to go ahead and have them painted on.

Even though they would be painted, I would pattern them exactly like the factory striping.

HSURB

Hi , I just joined today,beautiful car . I to just bought a 08 gt500vert on Dec ,08 it's white with black top and int, side stripe also black!!!What an awsome car!! I to am not sure about the over the top stripe but if I did I would paint them. I will add pics as soon as I take some. Also bought it for msrp from Mulinux Ford Mecury in New Symurna Beach,Fl. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hi , I just joined today,beautiful car . I to just bought a 08 gt500vert on Dec ,08 it's white with black top and int, side stripe also black!!!What an awsome car!! I to am not sure about the over the top stripe but if I did I would paint them. I will add pics as soon as I take some. Also bought it for msrp from Mulinux Ford Mecury in New Symurna Beach,Fl. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Welcome and congrats! :happy feet:

CC

I had her Flat-bedded to my house yesterday and is sitting in my garage ready for my storage routine.

Welcome `Shipwright` & Conrats on your new ride , to bad you didn`t get to drive her you won`t be disappointed Good Luck .

Great looking vert! :happy feet:

If you've lurked for a while, you do know there is a dash plaque available?

I love the tail lights, it was one of my first! I'm about to order some HIDs for the front.

Borla is a great choice!

Be sure to post lots of pics for everyone!

:rockon:

I am aware of the available signed dash plaque that fits between the center air vents, but I wish to get a larger signature and the passenger side air bag cover seems the most popular place for it. However, my wife is not very supportive of me "messing with the air bag" so I may have to settle for the afore mentioned centre plaque just to keep peace in the family. As for HID headlights, I tried to order that option on my vert but to my dismay found that they are not available as an option on SHELBY' sold in Canada. I will wait a while before that particular Mod due to cost and some concerns that have been raised concerning colour and light pattern.

Congrats Shipwright!! I really like the look of the GO without stripes. I've seen the weather you are getting lately. :redcard: Have fun with the car when the weather breaks. I have 140km on mine in three weeks. 80 of which were coming home from the dealer. We may not have warm weather but just think how much more HP we have because of the oxygen rich cold air. :hysterical2: The tractions a bit weak in 4' of snow though.

Don

I had her Flat-bedded to my house yesterday and is sitting in my garage ready for my storage routine.

Congrats Shipwright.

I picked my 07 Shelby Vert up last Jan '07 here in St John's (Avalon Ford) and there was really no snow on ground then. Drove it straight to garage where it is now again for this winter.Lots of storms and snow on the Island over the past month so you were lucky to get her on the Ferry.

Have fun with her when Spring rolls around!

Wouldn't you know it the last few days have been great, all the ice and snow is gone. Unfortunately my wife removed the collision and PLPD portion of my insurance policy for the car yesterday (normal routine for vehicles I store for the winter), so I'm stuck waiting for the spring, the thought had cross my mind for a little clandestin boot down the highway but self preservation (from the wifes wrath) and common sense prevailed.

th_DSCF0554.jpg

th_DSCF0539.jpg

th_DSCF0558.jpg

Congrats!

Archived