TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future Value

idareu

I just read the 2007 annual Shelby magazine.

On the last page it has a Shelby mustang Value Guide chart which shows how older Shelby mustangs have went up in value every 10 yers.

For example they said a 1967 GT500 was worth $6000 in 1967, $6000 in 1975, $40,000 in 1985, $85,000 in 1995 and 190,000 in 2007.

They had a guide price listed for the 2008 GT500 they said that it was worth $75,000 in 2007, $75,000 in 2017, $225,000 in 2225 and $300,000 in 2047.

Do you think a current GT500 will follow the values listed? I understand with the new rules the government just passed it might be very hard for any car company to make a 500hp and get the fuel economy needed.

On the last page it has a Shelby mustang Value Guide chart which shows how older Shelby mustangs have went up in value every 10 yers.

For example they said a 1967 GT500 was worth $6000 in 1967, $6000 in 1975, $40,000 in 1985, $85,000 in 1995 and 190,000 in 2007.

They had a guide price listed for the 2008 GT500 they said that it was worth $75,000 in 2007, $75,000 in 2017, $225,000 in 2225 and $300,000 in 2047.

Do you think a current GT500 will follow the values listed? I understand with the new rules the government just passed it might be very hard for any car company to make a 500hp and get the fuel economy needed.

:shrug:

I think over time they will go up but first they have to stop production if you can still buy a new one no need to jump up in price. Is history repeating itself from early 70.? Fuel prices horespower both up.These cars carry the Shelby name! Im betting on them being valuable in the future, How much is difficult to predict but they sure fun now.

I think over time they will go up but first they have to stop production if you can still buy a new one no need to jump up in price. Is history repeating itself from early 70.? Fuel prices horespower both up.These cars carry the Shelby name! Im betting on them being valuable in the future, How much is difficult to predict but they sure fun now.

I think a lot of people baught the GT500 with future value in the back of their minds

same goes with all of the retro re-styling. I also believe this was a niche the automakers were hoping for.

Only time will tell

You are right, they sure are fun now :happy feet:

idareu, welcome to Stangsunleashed. This topic has been discussed at length in many other threads. You can do a search using the tool in the upper right corner. May I ask why you are concerned about the future value of the car? If you are purchasing as an investment, forget it. Even if the car does what the old ones do, you're still better off putting money in the stock market.

Dave

idareu, welcome to Stangsunleashed. This topic has been discussed at length in many other threads. You can do a search using the tool in the upper right corner. May I ask why you are concerned about the future value of the car? If you are purchasing as an investment, forget it. Even if the car does what the old ones do, you're still better off putting money in the stock market.

Dave

Yea, but you can't drive a stock certificate! :hysterical2:

Dave

+1 :lastyear:

If your looking for high performance investment, commodies are hot now not stocks. Corn and soybeans to power vehicles to replace some high price oil with biofuels.

So you buy what's hot "now"? That's called chasing performance or market timing, take your pick. I believe in semi-strong market efficiency, and in that line of thinking "chasing" investments never works.

Good luck with your investments.

Dave

So you buy what's hot "now"? That's called chasing performance or market timing, take your pick. I believe in semi-strong market efficiency, and in that line of thinking "chasing" investments never works.

Good luck with your investments.

Dave

:blink:

I prefer to just steal my money from unsuspecting customers- that's called good business or hosing the customer- take your pick. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Archived