TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are you guys planning to do with your stock parts?

Yeah Keith thats what I was wondering, every once in a while I will have someone come in asking if we have any GT500 Factory mufflers or Brakes that people with Mustang/Shelby GT's can use. If anyone is having any work done by us, let me know I will try to line up some buyers for your OEM GT500 parts.

Its ashame to just let a supercharger sit for 30 years and not do anything except dry up the seals - I'm trying to think of a use for them...

Yeah Keith thats what I was wondering, every once in a while I will have someone come in asking if we have any GT500 Factory mufflers or Brakes that people with Mustang/Shelby GT's can use. If anyone is having any work done by us, let me know I will try to line up some buyers for your OEM GT500 parts.

Its ashame to just let a supercharger sit for 30 years and not do anything except dry up the seals - I'm trying to think of a use for them...

Kyle if you have someone for my SC let me know.... It is for sale!!!

As well as anything else we aren't switching over.

Thanks!!

Just wondering what you guys are planning on doing with your stock parts such as exhaust/brakes/wheels/supercharger/ect...?

My parts will be for sale. Are you interested?

I can't see any reason to keep the parts,

After a 30K+ upgrade the last thing I would want to do is

put the car back to stock. :hysterical2:

As for collector value 30 years from now, Who Cares,

I won't be around to see it.

But in all reality I think a Super Snaked GT500 will be worth

a hell of a lot more than a stock GT500 in 30 years . JMO

Alan

Alan

+100..... I could see it now.... 20 years from now I'm driving my SS and someone comes up to me and says 'is that a 2007 Shelby GT500? I want to buy it from you for $500K.' and I say no it's a SS and he says 'ahhhhhh forget it I wanted a stock GT500 not an SS' ....... and it's too late for me....

Cause I sold my stock parts!!! :banghead:

:hysterical2:

:hysterical:

My first thought is to save them 40 years from now when gas powered muscle cars are obsolete and no one has gas for them anymore my great grand kids can pay to have someone cart them off. :hysterical2: and ask about their great grandfather " WHAT THE HE'LL WAS HE THINKING?" :hysterical2:

In twenty years they will be worth something to a collector trying to restore a old gt500 till then they will only become yesterdays outdated technology. :redcard::censored:

My second thought is to sell them to the highest bidder and by some carbon fiber body part to compensate for my excessive body weight :happy feet: :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

60lbs = .10 faster in the 1/4mile 100 lbs = 10hp

Alan

I agree! I certainly don't want to store the Hood & all the take-off parts for 20 or 30 years. (I probably will not be around in 30 years, anyway) Besides I really don't have any extra space to store them & it doesn't make sense to pay for storage.

Bottom line: SELL OR ?

Al

Problem is you would have to find a intake manifold to fit it, Maybe a Lightening manifold will fit the blower? Doubt it, Maybe... It will take alot of custom work.

Kyle this is something I would probably be interested in as well. I figure you could probably e bay the wheels and tires for a decent amount of money (especially as mine will be brand new from the factory) but what do you think you could get for the other stuff like the hood, supercharger, exhaust, etc?

Jaime

The wheels and tires IMO should be worth some good money

The hood cannot be used on a GT mustang unless they buy the bumper/headlights/ect so unless someone is making a Clone like Keith it will be hard to sell that.

Mufflers will fit other mustangs, not sure how much people will pay though

Supercharger is worth big money BUT it isnt at the same time as its just a charger and nothing else but it is good for people that blown the stock ones and do not want to upgrade or guys that like to make custom stuff.

The Brakes I would think should be an easy sell too many people as it would be a easy upgrade.

Other little odds and ends wont be worth too much right now but like the Arm Rest 10 years from now someone might need a new one on ebay or something.

Hi Kyle,

I will be selling all the parts which are removed from my car for the Super Snake conversion. If you're interested in them I would love to sell them to Tasca rather than lugging them home.

I'm early on the list of conversions with Tasca. Will be coming together with my cuz T. Mazlum, who I spoke with tonight and is also interested in selling some of his parts.

So just from the 2 of us you will have more than a car and one half of parts to choose from

Thanks for asking

Hope we can do something with the extra parts it would be a tremendous help!!

Have a great Holiday; see you soon!!

Best

Keith

Hi Kyle,

I will be selling all the parts which are removed from my car for the Super Snake conversion. If you're interested in them I would love to sell them to Tasca rather than lugging them home.

I'm early on the list of conversions with Tasca. Will be coming together with my cuz T. Mazlum, who I spoke with tonight and is also interested in selling some of his parts.

So just from the 2 of us you will have more than a car and one half of parts to choose from

Thanks for asking

Hope we can do something with the extra parts it would be a tremendous help!!

Have a great Holiday; see you soon!!

Best

Keith

Hey Keith,

Nice name..... it's mine too!!!!

Where are you located? I'm getting SS'ed at Tasca also.....

Looking ever so foward to it!!!

Keith D.

:hysterical2:

Archived