TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clay bar test

Lutzcat

There's a few members here that know how I treat my car, daily driver, very rarely protected. Hell, it sits underneath oak trees most of the time, stains from leaves, rust water from sprinklers, accidentally washed from the from none filtered water on several occasions. It had been awhile since I did a good cleaning on the car so I used several products on test areas to see what would work best. I had stains on the white stripes, blue to black stains on the red paint from leaves and rust water. The stripes were nearly yellow. I had stains below the back window panels that I thought would never come out, (like gas stains)

Yesterday, I used Mothers clay bar, Maguires clay bar, Turtle ice clay bar liquid, Iron out solution with warm water, 10 percent bleach, Simple green, Turtle tar remover, (spray), on test sections on the car. Turtle ice clay bar liquid turned my car better than new, the regular clar bars didn't put a dent in the stains on the stripes. I'm a little concerned how potent the Turtle liquid clay bar is though, on the car. The difference in the test was like day light and dark. But anyway, the Shelby looks better than new now.

Scott

There's a few members here that know how I treat my car, daily driver, very rarely protected. Hell, it sits underneath oak trees most of the time, stains from leaves, rust water from sprinklers, accidentally washed from the from none filtered water on several occasions. It had been awhile since I did a good cleaning on the car so I used several products on test areas to see what would work best. I had stains on the white stripes, blue to black stains on the red paint from leaves and rust water. The stripes were nearly yellow. I had stains below the back window panels that I thought would never come out, (like gas stains)

Yesterday, I used Mothers clay bar, Maguires clay bar, Turtle ice clay bar liquid, Iron out solution with warm water, 10 percent bleach, Simple green, Turtle tar remover, (spray), on test sections on the car. Turtle ice clay bar liquid turned my car better than new, the regular clar bars didn't put a dent in the stains on the stripes. I'm a little concerned how potent the Turtle liquid clay bar is though, on the car. The difference in the test was like day light and dark. But anyway, the Shelby looks better than new now.

Scott

Wow, good to hear! Another ICE lover~~~!!! I used it (ICE Clay Bar) on my jag thus far, but the other ICE products on the jag and the Shelby, love how easy and great they are! :happy feet: :headspin: :happy feet: :headspin::superhero:

Scott

Great story Scott

I used the Ice Liquide Claybar on my 1996 Explorer and it brought the finish and shine back like it was new again

I love the stuff :happy feet:

Great story Scott

I used the Ice Liquide Claybar on my 1996 Explorer and it brought the finish and shine back like it was new again

I love the stuff :happy feet:

I agree, after using everything else, the Ice clay bar worked, everything else was a joke.

Scott

Hey Scott - now all I need to complete the story is a picture of your Pretty New Car! You know I'm "jonesing" here in Korea... Actually found a GT500 out in Seoul. Don't know if You saw the topic with pics.

Have you been staying busy? Did you make an offer on the car you told me about back in Nov?

Have a great Christmas & Drive a mile for me!

Keith

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried the ICE Liquid Clay Bar and was quite unhappy with the results - didn't seem to do anything at all on my Xterra. After that got the Maguires Smooth Surface kit and that worked wonders and the sap and other stuff on the Xterra and the Shelby was better than when I signed the papers.

I tried the Ice liquid clay bar and didn't use it again. I use the Maguiars kit with the real clay bar and a spray bottle of Maguiars detailer - you'll run out of detailer quickly so I used a bottle of Ice detailer I had and both work equally well.

For "wax" I used the Ice paste on my Mustangs and they look great. I tried two coats of the Ice liquid polish on my Cobra and it looks great. I don't wash the Cobra so I mostly use detailer and a microfiber cloth to clean it... Doing so depletes the polish but the car is so small it takes only about 20 minutes to go over it again with the liquid polish.

Archived