TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Final deal

After having a signed agreement for 14 months on the first car and being told it would be at MSRP I found out I did not even make the list for the 15 cars they had coming. Had to show them my signed agreement for there first car (like they had forgoten about it) The long and short of it is they will let me have the second car but with a $5000 mark up. This will push a base vert to $73,500 Canadian out the door. I could fight it, pay it or forget about it. :banghead:

After having a signed agreement for 14 months on the first car and being told it would be at MSRP I found out I did not even make the list for the 15 cars they had coming. Had to show them my signed agreement for there first car (like they had forgoten about it) The long and short of it is they will let me have the second car but with a $5000 mark up. This will push a base vert to $73,500 Canadian out the door. I could fight it, pay it or forget about it. :banghead:

:rant: Fight it!!!! Send a letter to the dealer principal (the owner) and do it now............I did and won!!

I thought there was some kind of law in Canada that made it illegal to charge over MSRP. What's the deal?

It's not a markup, it's an "Administrative Fee". Apparently, if it's disclosed from the get go it's not illegal.

Just another loophole.

You probably don`t want to post the dealers name but I think i know who it is & I would suggest you fight it.

Remind them there is a law in Canada regarding charges over an MSRP on items. GOOd LUCK.

Shelby001

And dealers wonder why the general public feels like they're in a slaughterhouse when they go to buy a car?

I'm surprised that the auto manufactureres haven't come up with some alternative to this.

This sort of dynamic - sucks. Can you hear us, Bill?

And we're your loyal customers.

And dealers wonder why the general public feels like they're in a slaughterhouse when they go to buy a car?

I'm surprised that the auto manufactureres haven't come up with some alternative to this.

This sort of dynamic - sucks. Can you hear us, Bill?

And we're your loyal customers.

They HAVE come up with an alternative....it's called Saturn. They don't haggle from MSRP. Now, if we can just find a Saturn with 500 HP. :headscratch:

Not that I'd consider a Saturn, but I did see a commercial with some kind of a cool looking 2 seat convertible. Couldn't believe it was a Saturn.

I have my mental list of the dealers I will work with every four years. It's gotten a lot shorter in the past 6 months. My measly 20-30K probably won't make a difference to any of them. But like they say, do a good job and the customer tells 2 friends, do a bad job and they tell 200...

Pat's fan -

I lived in CT for 25 years. Always supported the Pats - until...

The Superbowl in...was it 1986? The Bears absolutely destroyed them. I had to leave my friend's house at halftime. Something like 39-3?

Then - I move South - and they get good.

Bummer. :hysterical:

Not that I'd consider a Saturn, but I did see a commercial with some kind of a cool looking 2 seat convertible. Couldn't believe it was a Saturn.

I have my mental list of the dealers I will work with every four years. It's gotten a lot shorter in the past 6 months. My measly 20-30K probably won't make a difference to any of them. But like they say, do a good job and the customer tells 2 friends, do a bad job and they tell 200...

That was the Saturn Sky. Sweet lookin roadster for about 26k optioned out. Kinda like a Solstice.

That Saturn is called the Sky. I haven't looked at it too closely, but it's similar to the Solstice...and they are making a hi-perf version (saw it in Feb at an auto show). I think it was about 260 HP...not bad for such a light car. :shift: :mellow:

Dave

That Saturn is called the Sky. I haven't looked at it too closely, but it's similar to the Solstice...and they are making a hi-perf version (saw it in Feb at an auto show). I think it was about 260 HP...not bad for such a light car. :shift: :mellow:

Dave

Ok, my face is red. Either it took me an hour to write that post...or I failed to read fastbackman's reply before I posted mine. I plead guilty. Send in the judge. :rip:

Archived