TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1987 Shelby Lancer # 752 Reporting for Duty

Spaulding

I like to tell people that I just bought a genuine Shelby numbered car for 1250.00 and all it needs is paint and minor uphostery. Usually their jaw drops and I quickly explain that it's a DODGE Shelby, at which the next statement is, "I didn't know Dodge made Shelbys!".

Thing is these cars definitly have that "Shelby Touch", and have good handling and get up and go even in stock form (which is how I'll keep mine). Just looking for a wheel cap and a dash badge that I can copy or adapt somehow. Nice to be accepted by our Ford Brothers, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Shelby Lancer #752

BudsCar004.jpg

BudsCar042.jpg

I like to tell people that I just bought a genuine Shelby numbered car for 1250.00 and all it needs is paint and minor uphostery. Usually their jaw drops and I quickly explain that it's a DODGE Shelby, at which the next statement is, "I didn't know Dodge made Shelbys!".

Thing is these cars definitly have that "Shelby Touch", and have good handling and get up and go even in stock form (which is how I'll keep mine). Just looking for a wheel cap and a dash badge that I can copy or adapt somehow. Nice to be accepted by our Ford Brothers, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Shelby Lancer #752

BudsCar004.jpg

BudsCar042.jpg

I gotta say for most of the time I've owned Shelby Dodges, it's been 'us' and 'them' but begining even as far back at the grand opening of the Shelby Automobile inc facility in Vegas we had a joint meeting of the Ford era cars and the Dodge era cars and there was respect all around, even if there was 36 of us and 37 of them ;) So my hope is that thru Team Shelby, the mutual respect and acceptance will find a safe haven :)

Alan

Shelby Lancer #752

BudsCar004.jpg

BudsCar042.jpg

I owned the Omni GLH and LOVED that car. Still wish I had it. Just wouldn't want to get in an accident with one.

• 3 weeks later...
I owned the Omni GLH and LOVED that car. Still wish I had it. Just wouldn't want to get in an accident with one.

watch some 80's Pro Rally races and you'll change your mind. Unlike cars from Japan they had roll cage construction and impact beams in the doors. One rally race I watched they rolled the car 3 times and landed back on the tires and never slowed down. Think the guy was scared and left it floored and got lucky it landed on the tires. The point is the older Dodge FWD cars stood up to an impact too much and it makes them look bad in crash testing. I would rather be kicked like a ball in an Omni and have the passenger compartment stay in one piece. Unlike a Honda Accord that absorbs so much impact that it scores high and gets steam rolled flat by an SUV :finger:

Archived