TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Mustang Challenge at Lime Rock!

ilmor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I think that's the same weekend as the SAAC convention.

I would love to be there also but I too will be in South Jersey that weekend. Oh well. Rick

• 6 months later...

Calling all Ford enthusiasts!

The Ford Performance Group and Ford Racing would like to invite all Mustang and Ford GT owners to participate in a Ford Performace car corral planned for Saturday, August 16th at Lime Rock Park. This corral is part of the Mustang Challenge/NASCAR Mohegan Sun 200 race held on Saturday. There is also the opportunity for you to participate in a parade lap on the Lime Rock race course. (limited to first 50 cars to sign up for parade lap)

The Ford Performance Car Corral will be open on Saturday, August 16th at 9 am. Ford owners wishing to join us at this special event are asked to visit www.limerock.com for additional event and ticket information.

Once at the track entrance, Mustang owners will tell the track rep that they are with the Ford Performance Car Corral and will be directed to the dedicated Ford area in the track infield. There, they will have a chance to mingle with other Ford enthusiasts, tour the Mustang Challenge paddock and get the chance to participate in an on-track parade lap.

More details to follow in the up coming days.

ilmor,

Please will your car off to me before committing suicide. Ford is helping us organize this corral, your going to miss a great race and the goodies.

Update - I discussed w/ the wife and we've worked out a plan - looks like I'll be there after all! :happy feet:

I'm a Grand-Am official. I also work the Mustang Challenge races. I'll be there working tech and pit lane. Make sure to stop by and say hi! I should be able to get a chance to get out to the corral and check out your rides. See you there!

Jeff

The Ford Performance Group and Ford Racing would like to invite all Mustang and Ford GT owners to participate in a Ford Performace car corral planned for Saturday, August 16th at Lime Rock Park. This corral is part of the Mustang Challenge/NASCAR Mohegan Sun 200 race held on Saturday. There is also the opportunity for you to participate in a parade lap on the Lime Rock race course. (limited to first 50 cars to sign up for parade lap)

The Ford Performance Car Corral will be open on Saturday, August 16th at 9 am. Ford owners wishing to join us at this special event are asked to visit www.limerock.com for additional event and ticket information.

Once at the track entrance, Mustang owners will tell the track rep that they are with the Ford Performance Car Corral and will be directed to the dedicated Ford area in the track infield. There, they will have a chance to mingle with other Ford enthusiasts, tour the Mustang Challenge paddock and get the chance to participate in an on-track parade lap.

I plan to be there myself look forward to meeting everyone. Should be a fun day.

George...

I'm a Grand-Am official. I also work the Mustang Challenge races. I'll be there working tech and pit lane. Make sure to stop by and say hi! I should be able to get a chance to get out to the corral and check out your rides. See you there!

Jeff

I'll defiantly look for you but how will I know you Jeff ?

George....

I need to doublecheck to make sure I don't have another committment that day, but it sounds great! I'd love to get out there to see some fellow Team Shelby members and even get a chance to drive the SGT on the track (even if its only a parade lap...)

I checked the Lime Rock website but didn't see any specific information for the FP Car corral. Do we need to buy a ticket to the Mohegan Sun NASCAR Camping World 200 event to be able to attend? Also is there a separate sign-up for the FP Car corral and parade lap?

-yellow pony

Just spoke to Lime Rock......pricing isnt set yet and no advance tickets can be purchased at this time.

They are still working out the details with Ford. The young lady I spoke with suggested calling back on Friday to see if everything has been wroked out by then.

the parade laps on Saturday are limited to the first 50 cars that ARRIVE that morning, no pre-registration for the portion of the event.

Guys, I am working with Ford and Lime Rock on the details and will post them after all is confirmed.

Is any one interested in helping in bring a tailgate kitchen were we all can BBQ track side? Or would you guys be interested in Lime Rock catering box lunches to our group?

Archived