TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CURRENT 2008 GT500 INVENTORY

ShelbyDude

12/14/07

Current 2008 GT500's showing in inventory.

1,262 total coupes and convertibles

988 coupes

274 convertibles

=============================

Coupes & Convertibles combined by color:

310 White

296 Red

243 Black

201 Vapor

141 Vista Blue

37 Grabber Orange

34 Alloy

Convertibles by color:

77 Black

70 Red

49 White

42 Vapor

17 Vista Blue

12 Grabber Orange

7 Alloy

Coupes by color:

261 White

226 Red

166 Black

159 Vapor

124 Vista Blue

27 Alloy

25 Grabber Orange

2007 Remaining

12/14/07

Current 2007 GT500's showing in inventory.

257 total coupes and convertibles

160 coupes

97 convertibles

Coupes & Convertibles combined by color:

73 Red

63 White

63 Black

26 Vista Blue

12 Tungsten

12 Grabber Orange

8 Alloy

Convertibles by color:

35 Black

21 Red

11 White

11 Vista Blue

9 Grabber Orange

6 Tungsten

4 Alloy

Coupes by Color:

52 Red

52 White

28 Black

15 Vista Blue

6 Tungsten

4 Alloy

3 Grabber Orange

Know of anyone in NH or VT that wants to sell at a common sense price? All I keep seeing is 10-15k over sticker out of NY. Crazy this time of yr.

You should be able tonegotiate down to or close to MSRP..............in Florida after a bit of negotiation they drop down to 3k over MSRP; if you stay on it, MSRP is possible.

That is excellent information. Looks as if there are more unsold 08s now than there were 07s when their production ended. It would also be interesting to know what %age this 1262 is of the 08s built to date.

Hard to say. It would require pulling up each one to see the delivery dates. A lot are probably in transit waiting to be delivered.

Ford puts these into locator once they are released from the plant.

Inventory is up compared to this time last year. The average inventory last year was averaging 750 - 900 every month throughout the year. The last few months of the 2007 production the inventory jumped up because Ford cranked out a lot of units during the last 3 months of 07 production. They built approx 25% of the entire 07 production during the last 3 months.

Now that they have had lots of time producing this car maybe they are producing more at a steady rate this year compared to last year which could be part of the reason more are showing up at this time compared to last year this time. They were very slow coming out during the first 6 months on the 07's. Convertibles were delayed until Nov if they were ordered with the shaker 1000. Looks like convertibles for 08 are low in numbers compared to coupes.

Once they officially let the word out that they will build this for 09 the bottom will probably fall out. If they happen to announce no 09 for the GT500 then the ADM's will sky rocket again, but from everything I have heard it looks like 09 is going to be built.

We should know for certain in the next few months.

4 White verts and 2 black verts have the red appearance package

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

AWESOME- thx for the info!!!

This means I have the first two red stripe vertes made ( both black)if I am reading this right!!!! Cha ching baby!! :happy feet:

You are awesome Shelbydude!!! :drool:

This means I have the first two red stripe vertes made ( both black)if I am reading this right!!!! Cha ching baby!! :happy feet:

WOW Two black Verts must be nice.

No, the two showing are going to two different dealers.

Sometimes ordered units that are ordered as retail sold units take longer to show up in locator.

One of these is going to Winter Haven, Florida (shows as a stock ordered unit) and the other one is going to Hurlock, MD. (also shows as a stock ordered unit)

The one going to FL was built 11/20

The one going to MD was built 11/20 as well

Shelbydude,

That is the current amount in Inventory.... Units Not Sold...

Any Idea How many 2008's have been built to date?

If I remember right from the 2007, there isnt a way for you to tell right?

I have no idea how many have been built or sold. Typically they can build 700 - 1000 per month. So that could be between 3,500 - 5,500 built so far, but I have no way of knowing for sure how many were actually built.

Do you have the vin numbers of your two? I can check the build dates and compare to these two showing.

Do you have the vin numbers of your two? I can check the build dates and compare to these two showing.

Yeah, the first one going to my dealer in SA is 1zvht89s185160719

The other is going to Michael Morris for some upgrades, then he is shipping to me, so it will show Perry, GA

its vin is 1zvht89s985160791

thats weird...I thought these were job 2 cars, and 11/20 was WAY before job 2. Supposedly started 12/3, but then pushed back to 12/5

I dont specifically know my car's build date(the first one is mine, second I got for my dad), but it was loaded on 12/10 on the railcar, but my dealer here has been bad about getting me info, ive called svt about a dozen times to get what info I got...

Before i stole mine at 3K over MSRP i had a dealer on Long Island down to 9k. I am sure there was more movement in the price also!

mine is in the garage i picked her up yesterday, white with blue strips coupe,

my dealer went down to 1k over the sticker..total of 46150k, am a happy camper.

thx HUNTINGTON FORD rochester hills MI, thx BRIAN.(salesman).

mine is in the garage i picked her up yesterday, white with blue strips coupe,

my dealer went down to 1k over the sticker..total of 46150k, am a happy camper.

thx HUNTINGTON FORD rochester hills MI, thx BRIAN.(salesman).

Did not know you were in MI, you should change your code to reflect :headspin: but that is a great deal in MI. Good for you!

Huntington Ford.

Rochester hills MI 48307,

Yea I got that from the first post. I was talking about identifyin where YOU live in your signature! I was also shocked they sold at 1K over as I spoke to them several times before buying mine, and they were jerks! But again, good for yoU!

Yea I got that from the first post. I was talking about identifyin where YOU live in your signature! I was also shocked they sold at 1K over as I spoke to them several times before buying mine, and they were jerks! But again, good for yoU!

Sales man is Brian Thompson he is an excellent young guy

i work in rochester hills.

Sales man is Brian Thompson he is an excellent young guy

i work in rochester hills.

Good for you. I paid 5 over for mine and they are about 10 grand more in Canada than the US. I wish I had bought in the States but it was a bit of a hassle and I got to order what I wanted. Enjoy and pray for some dry weather to drive it. Your close enough to me that if it's dry for you, it will likely be dry enough for me to drive mine too.

Don

Good for you. I paid 5 over for mine and they are about 10 grand more in Canada than the US. I wish I had bought in the States but it was a bit of a hassle and I got to order what I wanted. Enjoy and pray for some dry weather to drive it. Your close enough to me that if it's dry for you, it will likely be dry enough for me to drive mine too.

Don

Actually roads are salty but open from the last heavy snow, he was so nice and offered me a transportation of the car from his dealership to my garage...I had a positive experience with them.

I tried their service with my old windstar van before and it was good. am expecting the same level of service with my gt500 if not better.

Sales are slow everywhere and a dealer might take a shorter deal now just to generate a sale .. ESP a GT500 that is going to at least sell for list and in your case $1000 over.

My dealer made me pay a tad more than you did but this is in 08/06/06 when dealers where getting a true $20,000 + over ... so I am still happy with my price

Congratulations on yours !!!!!! :happy feet:

Sales are slow everywhere and a dealer might take a shorter deal now just to generate a sale .. ESP a GT500 that is going to at least sell for list and in your case $1000 over.

My dealer made me pay a tad more than you did but this is in 08/06/06 when dealers where getting a true $20,000 + over ... so I am still happy with my price

Congratulations on yours !!!!!! :happy feet:

Thx....How much is the cost for the mods on your gt500 and how long does it take if i may ask?

Sales are slow everywhere and a dealer might take a shorter deal now just to generate a sale ..

So much for that! All American Ford in Hackensack, NJ still wants 10K over. My brother just bought a $55K Pickup from them, I bought my '03 Cobra there and that's how they reward loyalty! I told them how many were out there in inventory and how none are going for more than sticker on E-Bay and they said 10K over! I hope the '09's are announced soon.

Archived