TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The first scratch always hurts the most

SteelSteeds

:banghead:

Yes, I put a scratch/gouge in my front bumper. Pulled into my garage last night, and pulled in a little farther than usual, and into a large paint bucket that was sitting in front of my car. The lid of the bucket has those metal flanges that you pry up to open, and they were up (bucket is empty and used as a stool). The bucket got pushed into other things and one of the tabs dug into the fascia, near the upper driver's side corner of the lower grille. Put a white mark about 3/4ths of an inch tall and half as wide.

:cry:

I spent 15 minutes with 3 different kinds of compound, polish, and wax, and it isn't quite so noticeable, but still there, dammit. Made me sick. I think a little wet sanding might do even more to minimize it.

It's just a car, right? Right? Who am I kidding....... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sucks ... doesnt it ... i got one better... we park on a angle like this \ / in the garage ... so my wife ( right side ) has more room to open her drivers side door and not hit my passenger side door.

Well .. in doing this i get my drivers side door closer to the garage wall .. and twice now ever so slightly i have nicked the edge .. not real bad .. but enough to get some touch up paint where u cant see it

Most of the knicks i have done are self inflicted ... all minor thank god !

It still bothers me about my red coupe.....small scratch right rear 1/4 at the body line. It was in there when the dealer shipped it to me...they kind of forgot to let me know when I purchased it! The car hauler driver pointed it out on delivery. They sent check for $250.00 but the deal was already done and paperwork signed. I tried wet sanding and buffing...no one can see it except me in just the right light !!!

My black vert also had it's first, I was following a Buick Grand National with street slicks on it. He decides to show me how fast he is and gets on it.....they just put pea gravel and tar in the cracks of the road....it was like someone threw a hand full of gravel at me ....they were bouncing off the car everywhere ! I looked the car over good and only found one chip in the hood, but when I put it away for the winter I cleaned the winshield and found one very tiny nick...sucks!

It still bothers me about my red coupe.....small scratch right rear 1/4 at the body line. It was in there when the dealer shipped it to me...they kind of forgot to let me know when I purchased it! The car hauler driver pointed it out on delivery. They sent check for $250.00 but the deal was already done and paperwork signed. I tried wet sanding and buffing...no one can see it except me in just the right light !!!

totally with you on this one .. between the white stripes on the front bumper ... i was loading my car on my car hauler .. and have a diamond plate tool box upfront

Well this time i pulled to far and out two small dimples right in between the stipes on the bumper.

had our paint shop touch it up and reshot it .. but i still know its there ... again .. my fault .. as i stated earlier in this thread .. most of the damage to my car is self inflicted :banghead:

The only scratch I have so far is on the tape, not the paint, on the top of the rear bumper. Apparently I scratched it when putting something into the trunk. It is a vulnerable area.

I feel your pain. Some of my worst language :censored: comes when I put the first scratch on my cars.

Sucks ... doesnt it ... i got one better... we park on a angle like this \ / in the garage ... so my wife ( right side ) has more room to open her drivers side door and not hit my passenger side door.

Well .. in doing this i get my drivers side door closer to the garage wall .. and twice now ever so slightly i have nicked the edge .. not real bad .. but enough to get some touch up paint where u cant see it

SHO, I have a similar situation where opening the door of the car presents a problem in a tight space - my solution is I carry a piece of slit foam pipe insulation inside the car, and slip it on to the door's edge whenever I open the door. After I get out, I take the foam off, and put it back into the car for the next time I need it. Make sense? btw - my wife had a red SHO automatic when they first came out. She loved it.

Archived