TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got the call

427Aggie

Well this morning I got a call from my friend at Ford that my car was at the dealership and they were putting it aside for me.

Drove over there today to get the paperwork started and check it out. They did as asked and didn't touch it...talked to the detail guy and he is going to wash it of for me Friday morning before I pick it up since it got a little wet today and has spots from the rain.

Having to travel tomorrow and Friday and its suppost to rain till late Thursday anyway...woohoo. Clear Bra scheduled for Friday pm and I already have the Stage II from Evo, mufflers, lowering springs, panhard bar, 20" rims ordered..now for the SS hood and a couple of other things and its ready to rock and roll...I'll post pics Friday.

matt :happy feet:

Well this morning I got a call from my friend at Ford that my car was at the dealership and they were putting it aside for me.

Drove over there today to get the paperwork started and check it out. They did as asked and didn't touch it...talked to the detail guy and he is going to wash it of for me Friday morning before I pick it up since it got a little wet today and has spots from the rain.

Having to travel tomorrow and Friday and its suppost to rain till late Thursday anyway...woohoo. Clear Bra scheduled for Friday pm and I already have the Stage II from Evo, mufflers, lowering springs, panhard bar, 20" rims ordered..now for the SS hood and a couple of other things and its ready to rock and roll...I'll post pics Friday.

matt :happy feet:

Congrats... pics to come right??

Congratulations on your car. If you don't mind my asking, do you have a pulley on the GT? I have heard they are a monster with a pulley or supercharger swap. Heritage paint is definitely the way to go. Enjoy it.

Started with the Pulley..its now running the 19 lb whipple...doing about 720 to the wheels...it was a different animal from pulley to whipple..scary as hell.

Finally got around to getting the pictures uploaded. I am happy with the car and it drives well...just have to fix the wheelhop. Mufflers are already changed..pulley, springs, panhard bar and other upgrades are either here or on the way...weeee

CARSCLOSE.jpg

Very nice setup. Guess you will be giving the Shelby preference over the GT? Somewhere around 1500rwhp in that picture?

Finally got around to getting the pictures uploaded. I am happy with the car and it drives well...just have to fix the wheelhop. Mufflers are already changed..pulley, springs, panhard bar and other upgrades are either here or on the way...weeee

CARSCLOSE.jpg

Awesome. Awesome. And did I say Awesome.

HSURB

For now the shelby gets preference...just can't squeeze the GT on the other side where the viper is. Hoping to have a new house built in a year...still 4 cars but built to get around..then the viper goes in the air Gt has 7000 miles on it already so just trying to slow down the odo. :headspin:

Your really close on HP. THe GT has the whipple on it so its about 1600hp in the picture after I do the pulley on the 500 this week.

If you ever find yourself with a bunch of time on your hands, see if the rear wheels off the GT will fit on the Shelby. I would love to put GT wheels on mine but am thinking the rears would need to be narrowed about an inch? I am sure many here would love to see the outcome of that experiment.

Where did I see that Mustang...I saw one the other day with GT wheels on it at the airport. I know when I see GT wheels :)

My guess is they fit..wish I had a camera phone I would have taken you a picture...they were the BBS Lightweights that I have on mine.

Actually its kind of sad I only put about 100 miles on the viper this year and it wasn't even me driving..I let a friend borrow it for a car show...its 18,000 miles and totally stock...oh well I like garage queens.

Where did I see that Mustang...I saw one the other day with GT wheels on it at the airport. I know when I see GT wheels :)

My guess is they fit..wish I had a camera phone I would have taken you a picture...they were the BBS Lightweights that I have on mine.

Actually its kind of sad I only put about 100 miles on the viper this year and it wasn't even me driving..I let a friend borrow it for a car show...its 18,000 miles and totally stock...oh well I like garage queens.

I have heard of some people using 4 front GT rims on Mustangs/Shelbys. I am looking to obviously get wider than stock back rims. I really love the look of the BBS wheels more than any available aftermarket rim available for the GT500's. I have not looked under my car to see if there is that much room for a 11.5" wheel in the back.

Sorry to hear that you are car rich/seat time poor. I hope that situation rectifies itself soon. I know a guy that has a 2001 Diablo with 2500 miles on it. Spends alot of time sitting....

Archived