TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Only 1,200 miles and a New Transmission

jaydub Mach1

I posted this on the other fourm, too.

I took the car into the dealership this morning because a strange noise appeared over the weekend.

It turns out that the transmission (manual) was full of metal particles.

I have to wait for a new one!!

Hmmmm Not happy..... :rant:

HUm... looks like the trans issues are not just on 07 GT500's. Strange as there is no correlation thought is there? Different all together and from different manufacturers? :waiting:

I wouldn't jump to calling it a "trans issue" yet...this is the first time I've heard of this on an SGT. Also, bear in mind the SGT trans is the standard Mustang GT trans.

Plus side dude.....It's being replaced under warranty. Be happy it happened now,verses 50,000 miles :)

+2

When I was a kid, my dad would say "if you can't find em' grind em!"

Yeah........they have alot of sharp edges on them!

Well, the transmission is not touched at Shelby when they are upfitted to a Shelby GT. Additionally, I have never heard of this as a problem for the Mustang GT (base car on which it's built) or the Shelby GT. Sounds isolated to me, anyway.

SS looking good :happy feet:

Thanks, it's not really mine, though. My Grabber Orange GT500 is on it's way..and it will be a Super S, I got to wait , though :banghead:

Love you SGT! I am a huge fan of this car. They drive GREAT and look really, really cool. ;)

Thanks likewise wish I could own them all :banghead:

Archived