TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 HP White vs. 1960's Wimbledon White

jaydub Mach1

Wimbledon white is a completely different shade.Performance white is more like a pure white where Wimbledon is more milky.As far as the color difference,I have had many new hot rods with urethane facias,The color always looks different on the facias,My 05 silver GTO was the worst,It stood out like a sore thumb!The Shelby GT facias match pretty darn good in comparison!

See link below to an Motor Trend e-magazine article from earlier this year that has pictures of an HP White '07 Shelby GT (front facia paint indicates its a "P" Prototype Car) along with a '66 GT350 in white w/blue stripes. Assuming the '66 is original (from memory it is) then the pics really show the difference between the current HP White and the '60's vintage Wimbledon White.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/..._ford_shelby_gt

And even though they are separated by approx 40-years, seeing pictures of these two cars side-by-side and at other angles really impressed me on how good of a job SAI did on the new generation cars to capture the essence and styling of the original cars... kudos to SAI and thanks again for making the Shelby GTs.

Archived