TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Cobra

GT500-07

When will production start? Mine is in FA and would love to have it converted to a Terlingua Cobra.

Can you elaborate a bit more? :huh: I don't have the answer but am interested in understanding your question...

When will specifically WHAT Shelby Terlingua offering start production?

Your WHAT?

in FA?

Terlingua Cobra?

-Dan

When the Terlingua was announced they talked about a Terlingua Cobra. I'm not sure if it's upgrade package like the Super Snake or a total new Cobra. I saw the photo's and had to ask since my CSX is being built and in FA (final assembly). Read below, from the original announcement.

Because every Shelby car and product we build has a bit of Cobra DNA in it, we're working on a Terlingua Racing Team package for 427 and 289 Cobras,” explained Shelby Automobiles President Amy Boylan. “We're developing a special package that will turn up the performance a notch as well. We'll announce the final content and pricing on these models by Carroll's birthday in January 2008.”

• 1 month later...
When the Terlingua was announced they talked about a Terlingua Cobra. I'm not sure if it's upgrade package like the Super Snake or a total new Cobra. I saw the photo's and had to ask since my CSX is being built and in FA (final assembly). Read below, from the original announcement.

Because every Shelby car and product we build has a bit of Cobra DNA in it, we're working on a Terlingua Racing Team package for 427 and 289 Cobras,” explained Shelby Automobiles President Amy Boylan. “We're developing a special package that will turn up the performance a notch as well. We'll announce the final content and pricing on these models by Carroll's birthday in January 2008.”

Ah, I see what you mean... haven't heard anything either. Might be worth a PM to AmyB or a call to SAI. Maybe they're planning something thru their engine builder in Gardena CA? That would be very cool. They have some slick 427FE pieces. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any inforamtion on the Terlingua Cobra? is it a pre-title or post title package? What's included in the package? Is it available to both the CSX4000 & CSX7000 Cobra's? Are they done at SAI or the mod shops?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Actually, someone is in the process of doing an aluminum leaf spring 289 FIA car, a no-holds-barred race car, as a Terlingua Racing Team ride. For the TRT fans this car should be a real eye opener. It will not be black like Bill Neale's car.

Going with grabber purple John? :hysterical:

Did you hear back from our friend yet?

Rick, you know who I was trying to get in touch with recently.....

OK, I'll give you a small hint at the basic color scheme:

cov-ter1x.jpg

We just have a lot of details to work out.

I figured :happy feet:

• 5 months later...

Archived