TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby IL Chapter

JeffIsHereToo

All Illinois Shelby Enthusiasts!

Once all this dust settles I would like to start an effort to form a new IL Shelby Club under the Team Shelby banner.

Please leave a note here or PM me with your info and I will start a database and find out what the process is here at Team Shelby as well as reach out to some of the more successful SAAC Chapters, such as LA, and ask for their guidance and best practices.

I'm REALLY looking forward to building a great organization we can all be proud of!

-Jeff

• 1 month later...

I have spoken to John De Reu who is the SAAC Central Region President. He informed me that last year the group when into an inactive status with a few members left and poor support from the National Organization. He is open to passing the baton over to a new Team Shelby organization that can take it to the next level.

Once all this dust settles I would like to start an effort to form a new IL Shelby Club under the Team Shelby banner. Mr. De Rue is willing to provide us the old records to boot strap our effort to get many of the Classics involved such as his 68 GT350. I'd like to start collecting names and such of people that would like to join in that effort so when the time comes we're ready!

Please leave a note here or PM me with your info and I will start a database and find out what the process is here at Team Shelby as well as reach out to some of the more successful SAAC Chapters, such as LA, and ask for their guidance and best practices.

I'm REALLY looking forward to building a great organization we can all be proud of!

-Jeff

Hello, Jeff. Keith here. 2008 Blue/White GT 500. Count me in. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you my info.

Keith Watts

I have spoken to John De Reu who is the SAAC Central Region President. He informed me that last year the group when into an inactive status with a few members left and poor support from the National Organization. He is open to passing the baton over to a new Team Shelby organization that can take it to the next level.

Once all this dust settles I would like to start an effort to form a new IL Shelby Club under the Team Shelby banner. Mr. De Rue is willing to provide us the old records to boot strap our effort to get many of the Classics involved such as his 68 GT350. I'd like to start collecting names and such of people that would like to join in that effort so when the time comes we're ready!

-Jeff

Jeff- forgot to give you my e-mail address, duh....

micron506@msn.com

Keith Watts

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...here is the scoop. Team Shelby, as an organization, is not ready to create actual regional groups. It's just too early in the growth of the organization and they're focus right now is getting the national group up and running.

The plan of record is to affiliate with local existing [Mustang, Shelby] clubs and direct members that are looking for more local activities, events, and friendship, to these groups.

My focus, selfishly, has been in the Northern IL, greater Chicago area, and the choices with existing Mustang Clubs is, surprisingly, somewhat limited.

I have opened discussions with Stallions Gate which is a group out of Mt. Prospect that seems to be as central as we can get in the Chicagoland area. I have had experience with Northern Mustang Corral in Bourbonnais, great show they have every year, but it's a LONG drive from the city or northern burbs, and I didn't think that would be a viable long term solution for many...or maybe just me! :headspin: Chicagoland Mustang is a pretty new organization and their Web site went right to a forum so I was not too thrilled with that. Chi-Town is more a city club and we know how that can be to get in and out of. So this moved me to approach Stallions Gate who's President seems VERY enthusiastic to open a line of communication with us.

Sooooooooo............

My questions to those of you that have expressed interest:

1. Are there other clubs we should consider?

2. Was my thinking on the clubs I listed wrong and any of these that we should reconsider?

3. Is there interest in forming an entirely NEW club which we then use to apply for affiliate status?

4. How large a geographic area should we cover and do those of you in other states/areas feel it's now best to explore these same options/questions on your own?

5. Should I just mind my own business and drive to shows and cruise nights alone and just shut up?

-Jeff

Hi Chris! I'm not offended at all and sorry if my post makes it seem that way. I've read my post over and over and I just don't see any disconnect. Like you say above “you may want to consider teaming up with a local club” or apply ourselves as new group and that is exactly what I am asking the other interested members. I must be dumb cause I'm not seeing where we disagree. I'm only trying to help us all have a conduit for our love of the cars this coming season.

I'll email you and we take this off-line.

Thanks!

Jeff , we are working on a plan for you and your group, I spoke to Chris and Jim, and the others I think we can work something out

The team is overloaded after the birthday event and all the new members, we are just getting back in the grove, so hang in with us, it will be worth it

Amy

Jeff , we are working on a plan for you and your group, I spoke to Chris and Jim, and the others I think we can work something out

The team is overloaded after the birthday event and all the new members, we are just getting back in the grove, so hang in with us, it will be worth it

Amy

Thanks!

Ok...here is the scoop. Team Shelby, as an organization, is not ready to create actual regional groups. It's just too early in the growth of the organization and they're focus right now is getting the national group up and running.

The plan of record is to affiliate with local existing [Mustang, Shelby] clubs and direct members that are looking for more local activities, events, and friendship, to these groups.

My focus, selfishly, has been in the Northern IL, greater Chicago area, and the choices with existing Mustang Clubs is, surprisingly, somewhat limited.

I have opened discussions with Stallions Gate which is a group out of Mt. Prospect that seems to be as central as we can get in the Chicagoland area. I have had experience with Northern Mustang Corral in Bourbonnais, great show they have every year, but it's a LONG drive from the city or northern burbs, and I didn't think that would be a viable long term solution for many...or maybe just me! :headspin: Chicagoland Mustang is a pretty new organization and their Web site went right to a forum so I was not too thrilled with that. Chi-Town is more a city club and we know how that can be to get in and out of. So this moved me to approach Stallions Gate who's President seems VERY enthusiastic to open a line of communication with us.

Sooooooooo............

2. Was my thinking on the clubs I listed wrong and any of these that we should reconsider?

3. Is there interest in forming an entirely NEW club which we then use to apply for affiliate status?

4. How large a geographic area should we cover and do those of you in other states/areas feel it's now best to explore these same options/questions on your own?

5. Should I just mind my own business and drive to shows and cruise nights alone and just shut up?

-Jeff

Hey Jeff-

I kind of like the idea of just starting and entirely new club up, then we don't have to deal with infiltrating the political infrastructure of someone else's club. How about the Stateline Shelby ______. We can get our forum brethren from Chicagoland/southern WI together-there has got to be no less than 25 guys on here from the northern IL/southern WI area with SGT's and GT500's.

Hey Jeff-

I kind of like the idea of just starting and entirely new club up, then we don't have to deal with infiltrating the political infrastructure of someone else's club. How about the Stateline Shelby ______. We can get our forum brethren from Chicagoland/southern WI together-there has got to be no less than 25 guys on here from the northern IL/southern WI area with SGT's and GT500's.

I'm open to that! Might be the path of least resistance!

-jeff

I think forming a new club would be best.

I would be interested if its kept south of Chicago.

I don't want the hassle of driving in all that city traffic.

Shelby's need to be on the open road.

Let me know if I can help.

Alan

Hi Jeff, I would really have second thoughts about getting involved with Stallions Gate until you investigate further. Ask some former members of that club before committing to any type of affiliation.

The only other recommendation I might have is to check with a club called Chicago Vintage Mustang Club as they might be enthusiastic to open their doors to late model classics. Their website is www.chicago-mustang.com. They are primarily based south of Chicago.

Not a whole of lot of clubs in Chicagoland but I have several friends who are Shelby enthusiasts so the interest is there. Let me know if you have further questions. magbond65

Sooooooooo............

-Jeff

Hi Jeff, I would really have second thoughts about getting involved with Stallions Gate until you investigate further. Ask some former members of that club before committing to any type of affiliation.

The only other recommendation I might have is to check with a club called Chicago Vintage Mustang Club as they might be enthusiastic to open their doors to late model classics. Their website is www.chicago-mustang.com. They are primarily based south of Chicago.

Not a whole of lot of clubs in Chicagoland but I have several friends who are Shelby enthusiasts so the interest is there. Let me know if you have further questions. magbond65

Thanks! I'll PM you.

-jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Although I'm in North central Indiana, I'd be interested in joining a new club in the South Chicago area. I don;t mind the drive.

I was thinking more along the lines of starting out as an informal gathering, maybe once a month or so. If the interest stays up, maybe look into formalizing or join up with another existing Mustang club.

• 3 weeks later...

All:

Not ideal, but Stallion's Gate has offered to meet with us and discuss creating a Shelby Special Interest Group (SIG) within their club.

I think we should hear them out and consider if it might be easier to start off under a larger club umbrella than to roll our own.

They have a bowling event coming in April and we can talk to the officers while the members bowl.

Saturday, April 12th, 2008 - 3:30pm CDT

Monthly Club Meeting & Annual Bowling Event

Arlington Lanes

3435 N Kennicott Avenue, Arlington Heights

Bowling 3:30pm-5:30pm

General Meeting 5:30pm, Board Meeting Afterward

Anyone else up for going?

All:

Not ideal, but Stallion's Gate has offered to meet with us and discuss creating a Shelby Special Interest Group (SIG) within their club.

I think we should hear them out and consider if it might be easier to start off under a larger club umbrella than to roll our own.

They have a bowling event coming in April and we can talk to the officers while the members bowl.

Arlington Lanes

I'd like to Jeff, but I'm working that weekend in order to get Shelbyfest off.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!

Reminder!

All:

Arlington Lanes

Archived