TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Shelby GT in the Snow

ilmor

OK guys, time for some of you to freak out! :hysterical2:

I believe that this may be the first picture of a Shelby GT in the snow!! It's mine, of course - I had to drive it for the last two days in our wintry New England weather. The Michelin X-Ice tires are doing well so far.

gallery_8757_201_186098.jpg

OK guys, time for some of you to freak out! :hysterical2:

I believe that this may be the first picture of a Shelby GT in the snow!! It's mine, of course - I had to drive it for the last two days in our wintry New England weather. The Michelin X-Ice tires are doing well so far.

How about the first Shelby GT to smoke the tires in the snow??????? :hysterical2:

Hey Il, here's an odd but interesting photo op idea for you. Park your car on a patch of clean snow, find some silver paint that matches the stripes, then paint a pair of stripes on the snow that approach the car in alignment with the stripes on the car, then snap a picture for us. Of course, on the other hand, you could also just photo shop the same idea without the hassle of painting the snow.

Hey, I said it was odd. :headspin:

If it makes you all feel any better, I did wash it today, in my driveway - we got up to 42 degrees! It had gotten pretty filthy from the snow / wet driving. And yes, pottydr, the winter wheels / tires are a mod I guess you could say!

Hey Il, here's an odd but interesting photo op idea for you. Park your car on a patch of clean snow, find some silver paint that matches the stripes, then paint a pair of stripes on the snow that approach the car in alignment with the stripes on the car, then snap a picture for us. Of course, on the other hand, you could also just photo shop the same idea without the hassle of painting the snow.

Hey, I said it was odd. :headspin:

You ever try painting snow? :hysterical2::redcard:

Good form, Ilmor! :beerchug:

Yankees are funny. :hysterical2:

My car was in the Snow Last March 12th 2 days after I picked it up!! I have pics somewhere will look for them!

NO, please don't take away my only claim to fame!! :hysterical:

Sweet! Mine is king of the rain. TCS is pretty nice to have huh?

Honestly, I have not noticed any TCS ever working on my car yet... :huh: Maybe I just don't realize it?

Way to go Ilmor!

Maybe you can give us a full report on how the SGT stacks up against all those 4x4 and AWD vehicles after we get some significant snowfall. Aside from the low ground clearance, those SUV's have nothing on you!

As winter drags on, the rest with our SGTs in hibernation will have to live vicariously through you. Keep up the driving!

:happy feet:

Hey Ilmor you are welcome to come riding with us this winter. I would recomend getting those tires studded and the snow drifts on the lakes might be a killer but hey you would be snowmobiling in the most style I have ever seen ;)

Update:

Had to drive the SGT today, but fortunately its in the 40's and sunny! Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow and this weekend, but since my wife won't be traveling then I'll be able to drive the Expedition. Dodged the bullet again!

Thanks for the invite to snowmobile - I've always wanted to try that and maybe someday I really will!

$1,000 fine in my town, no warnings. Neighbors take delight in turning you in...

We're not in quite as dire straights as Atlanta yet. First time fines are $100. Haven't been able to "legally" wash my SGT for 2 months now. But, it hasn't rained in 2 months either :banghead:

Jim

Archived