TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drove the Terlingua ;)

crispy23c

We will have 3 stages. You can scale it up as bad as you wish. Stage 3 would have the S/C. This way, you can build into your car on a budget, or have a great handling, sporty car, or build a track monster...or work your way into one. ;)

Final bill of materials is not set, but we definitely have our fingers on this pulse, it's just a formality at this point.

While we have not started a 'list' yet, we are keeping contact information on those who are interested.

Customers can have this car built at SA or at our soon to be open Mod Shops, which will be located regionally.

I hope this is helpful, more details will come, I just cannot reveal too much right now. Soon, soon

Chris

Chris,

Looking at the non-S/C stages, how hard will it be to apply it to a 4.6 Mustang?

The reason I ask is that much like the original Terlingua Trans-Am Shelbys, I'd like

to race one. There are quite a few series out there to do it with a V8 Mustang (SCCA,

NASA as examples).

And yes, I realize that I could cobble together the parts, but it would be cool to race

an official Shelby Terlingua, built by Tasca for those up here in the Northeast. I'm a big

1966-1972 Trans-Am fan, so to tie some history into my own car is just too tempting.

-Tom

We will have 3 stages. You can scale it up as bad as you wish. Stage 3 would have the S/C. This way, you can build into your car on a budget, or have a great handling, sporty car, or build a track monster...or work your way into one. ;)

Final bill of materials is not set, but we definitely have our fingers on this pulse, it's just a formality at this point.

While we have not started a 'list' yet, we are keeping contact information on those who are interested.

Customers can have this car built at SA or at our soon to be open Mod Shops, which will be located regionally.

I hope this is helpful, more details will come, I just cannot reveal too much right now. Soon, soon

Chris

Chris,

Looking at the non-S/C stages, how hard will it be to apply it to a 4.6 Mustang?

The reason I ask is that much like the original Terlingua Trans-Am Shelbys, I'd like

to race one. There are quite a few series out there to do it with a V8 Mustang (SCCA,

NASA as examples).

And yes, I realize that I could cobble together the parts, but it would be cool to race

an official Shelby Terlingua, built by Tasca for those up here in the Northeast. I'm a big

1966-1972 Trans-Am fan, so to tie some history into my own car is just too tempting.

-Tom

Chris,

NASA as examples).

-Tom

Tom, have you checked out the Ford-built FR500S (Miller Motorsports Spec series racer) -- comes right off the AAI line, the interior is upfitted by a vendor in MI and you buy it directly from Ford. $75K and ready to race in the new series that begins it's tour this year (8 races, I beleive). It's specially-preped 3-V 4.6 with all the pieces necessary to reace in the series already installed. Literall a buy-and-drive racer.

I'll post a link if I can find it...

Dan

<edit:> here's a linky to more info

Tom, have you checked out the Ford-built FR500S (Miller Motorsports Spec series racer) -- comes right off the AAI line, the interior is upfitted by a vendor in MI and you buy it directly from Ford. $75K and ready to race in the new series that begins it's tour this year (8 races, I beleive). It's specially-preped 3-V 4.6 with all the pieces necessary to reace in the series already installed. Literall a buy-and-drive racer.

I'll post a link if I can find it...

Dan

<edit:> here's a linky to more info

Yes, I have... neat idea. However, my budget will be considerably south of that

75K number. Plus I'm looking for a vehicle that can also be driven on the street

(which means registered). But that Spec racer is yet another example of how

popular the V8 Mustang is on track.

BTW, sorry to all about the triple post... I'd click on Add Reply and it would hang.

I was having connection issues, and didn't realize it was accepted.

-Tom

There's always the Bullitt too ...some minor improved handling pieces over the GT, great sound and $30K.

I can't even afford that right now, but I like what they did with it... very cool retro tribute.

Yeah, they've been having some troubles since the server switch-over.. Sharon and Robert will figure it out. Still can't upload pix either. ;-(

Chris

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if the Tasca Mod shop will only do the conversion on a owner provided V6 or

can they help locate a new/used V6 to make it a one-stop deal?

I do like the idea of having it done a bit closer to me living in Maryland and with it having the double

history of SAI and Tasca.

Chris,

NASA as examples).

-Tom

Well, :huh:

Chris,

NASA as examples).

-Tom

Well, To..... :waiting:

Chris,

NASA as examples).

-Tom

:banghead: Well, Tommm :hysterical2: Errrr, what was the question again??? :hysterical:

It's something we are kind of looking at, but considering that we haven't rolled out the official package for this car yet, it may be a loooong ways out, if ever....As far as Tasca locating a 6 cyl mustang, that would be easy. They would do it pretty easily for you. The work needs to be done post-title, though. And it's a great package. The way the s/c'd car drives and handles, you would be soooo surprised. ;) And it sounds nice too!!!

Chris

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if the Tasca Mod shop will only do the conversion on a owner provided V6 or

can they help locate a new/used V6 to make it a one-stop deal?

I do like the idea of having it done a bit closer to me living in Maryland and with it having the double

history of SAI and Tasca.

Blip,

See above, they should be able to help you out, once we release the package....

Chris

Archived