TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drove the Terlingua ;)

crispy23c

Well I finally got a chance to drive the Supercharged V6 Terlingua a couple of days ago while I was in LV.

This was the show car with the Momo seats. The car sounds great (I really liked the sound of the duels out the side of the car, nice tone), and the Supercharger whine is addictive!!! :headspin:

The car is very well composed on the road, and nice and tight. Not a buttboard, but just nice and tight.

I am pretty large (6'6"), but once I settled into the seat it was pretty comfortable. Acceleration is very linear on the car, and blasting over 100+ is verrry easy!

The car moves out quickly. Bear in mind that I did not bury my foot into the pedal (this time), but I did jump on it and the car moves out like a potent V8. Without the weight ;)

I think the Terlingua fans will end up with a pretty fast, rare car that is going to kick some seroius V6 (and V8) butt!!! :happy feet:

Thanks for the first-hand impressions, Chris...

Is the V6 Terlingua a Shelby-only item or also thru Ford dealers?

Does any of the Ford warranty get pereserved? ...on the car" ...drivetrain?

Is it a racer-only or registerable for street use?

Do I sound like snoopy asking so many questions? ;-) I suspect alot of folks have the same questions -- any insight appreciated!!

• 3 weeks later...

Lookey, lookey what went up on e-Bay!

1966 Terlingua DM-450 #0001 of only four to have ever existed!! Wonder what the reserve -- can't wait to se wwhat it will bring. Even more curious, why it's not at Russo & Steele vintage muscle auction this month where it will likely bring a small fortune!!! ...even tho the motor is a modern 347-crate. Nice ride!! <sigh>

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I drove one around the track for a few sessions at Carroll's 85th B-Day. Tight and smooth around the corners with plenty of power. Of course I had to let the Ford GT and the SuperSnake around on the straight. I drove one like this...

TerGall203-640.jpg

I drove one around the track for a few sessions at Carroll's 85th B-Day. Tight and smooth around the corners with plenty of power. Of course I had to let the Ford GT and the SuperSnake around on the straight. I drove one like this...

TerGall203-640.jpg

Very cool!!! thanks for posting the pic too :)

Dan

I'm presuming that the one you drove is not exactly like the one in the pic, because I believe the one in the pic is not supercharged (notice the missing decal when compared to the black one). Did the one you drive have the side exhaust or rear exhaust?

-Tom

I'm presuming that the one you drove is not exactly like the one in the pic, because I believe the one in the pic is not supercharged (notice the missing decal when compared to the black one). Did the one you drive have the side exhaust or rear exhaust?

-Tom

In JAS427's video HERE you can see that exact Terlingua car on the track. I believe that they ONLY allowed the n/a Terlingua's on track (there were two, one black & one G.O.) and the s/c car was not driven. At least that is what one of the instructors told me. I was not fortunate enough to be there :baby:

P.s. It shows up just past the 8.30 min mark in the video......

In JAS427's video HERE you can see that exact Terlingua car on the track. I believe that they ONLY allowed the n/a Terlingua's on track (there were two, one black & one G.O.) and the s/c car was not driven. At least that is what one of the instructors told me. I was not fortunate enough to be there :baby:

Both cars were on track but only a couple of sessions was the black one driven.

Does anyone know when the Terlingua section , with the HERO cards, will be activated again. Is there anyone that could PM the full length hero card to me so I can review the spec?

Thank you

Is this what you were looking for? There's another I've seen in PDF-format but it had no real additional info if I recall.

post-4902-1200799093_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1200799093_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the video link and hero card guys... sure helps clear up some info. So if they want $8K for the V6 Base package, what will they ask for the full bore supercharged version? Any rumors out there?

-Tom

The info I have so far is the full V6 Performance Pack is 18,995 installed.

I hope it's not long before Ford puts the 3.5V6 in the mustang becasue that will be an awesome base for a similar package. The 3.5 is a superstrong mill.

Still, I think the 4.0 Terlingua Perf pack will prove to be a venerable piece of machinery -- sort of the revenge of the CS6 ;) There will be a lot of stock NA 6.2 Camaros optioned to that price range that will see it's taillights on a road course and in a straight line, imo, esp since it's at least a quarter-ton lighter ;-)

Notice in the video, how the Terlingua darts in and out quickly. That's exactly how my CS6 is on the track, extremely nimble. Unfortunately, the yellow Terlinqua wasn't supercharged so it looks like it was a bit of a dog on the straight aways.

I really liked the S/C Terlingua. Yes, t is the genesis of the CS6. The nice thing is, if you cannot afford to do the car all at once, you can 'stage' it and do upgrades at your pace. Make it just the way you want, and on a budget.

6 cyl. Mustangs are relatively inexpensive, and they have forged internals, a big plus when considering the S/C option. :yup:

Did anyone see this at the track event for Carroll's 85th? That car just sucked up the curves!!!!! :headspin:

Boy, I need a bigger garage... :hysterical:

Just wondering if you can get the perfromance package, but without the S/C and side exhaust?

Got one soon to be new teen driver in the family and the extra hp might not be a good thing yet.

All ready have a 475 hp S/C Saleen H281 that he won't be allowed to drive.

Just wondering if you can get the perfromance package, but without the S/C and side exhaust?

Got one soon to be new teen driver in the family and the extra hp might not be a good thing yet.

All ready have a 475 hp S/C Saleen H281 that he won't be allowed to drive.

We will have 3 stages. You can scale it up as bad as you wish. Stage 3 would have the S/C. This way, you can build into your car on a budget, or have a great handling, sporty car, or build a track monster...or work your way into one. ;)

Final bill of materials is not set, but we definitely have our fingers on this pulse, it's just a formality at this point.

While we have not started a 'list' yet, we are keeping contact information on those who are interested.

Customers can have this car built at SA or at our soon to be open Mod Shops, which will be located regionally.

I hope this is helpful, more details will come, I just cannot reveal too much right now. Soon, soon

Chris

I really liked the S/C Terlingua. Yes, t is the genesis of the CS6. The nice thing is, if you cannot afford to do the car all at once, you can 'stage' it and do upgrades at your pace. Make it just the way you want, and on a budget.

6 cyl. Mustangs are relatively inexpensive, and they have forged internals, a big plus when considering the S/C option. :yup:

Did anyone see this at the track event for Carroll's 85th? That car just sucked up the curves!!!!! :headspin:

Boy, I need a bigger garage... :hysterical:

Chris, is that just the rods?

Chris, is that just the rods?

The rods are forged. The block is cast iron. The pistons are hyperpathetic just like the 4.6. Ford says the engine is good for 400-450 hp. That doesn't mean that it's going to immediately blow at 450 just that beyond that, it becomes a crap shoot.

We will have 3 stages. You can scale it up as bad as you wish. Stage 3 would have the S/C. This way, you can build into your car on a budget, or have a great handling, sporty car, or build a track monster...or work your way into one. ;)

Final bill of materials is not set, but we definitely have our fingers on this pulse, it's just a formality at this point.

While we have not started a 'list' yet, we are keeping contact information on those who are interested.

Customers can have this car built at SA or at our soon to be open Mod Shops, which will be located regionally.

I hope this is helpful, more details will come, I just cannot reveal too much right now. Soon, soon

Chris

Chris,

Looking at the non-S/C stages, how hard will it be to apply it to a 4.6 Mustang?

The reason I ask is that much like the original Terlingua Trans-Am Shelbys, I'd like

to race one. There are quite a few series out there to do it with a V8 Mustang (SCCA,

NASA as examples).

And yes, I realize that I could cobble together the parts, but it would be cool to race

an official Shelby Terlingua, built by Tasca for those up here in the Northeast. I'm a big

1966-1972 Trans-Am fan, so to tie some history into my own car is just too tempting.

-Tom

Archived