TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old Shelby's and New Shelby's

frank.herbst

Man you guys are really getting fired up over the old Shelby/New Shelby subject. Maybe we should all remember what happened to Cart and IRL. If we all get wrapped up in which cars are real Shelby’s then I think we are forgetting why we bought our cars in the first place. We do this because we really enjoy these cars. The old cars are never going to be technical equivalents to the new cars and the new cars are never going to be as rare as the old cars.

I think what is missing in all of this talk is does Team Shelby want to have the responsibility of managing the entire Shelby car production registry. I’m hoping that how ever this works out, everyone involved understands that the long term protection of the Shelby line is important to many of us.

Remember -- it's about the cars...

Man you guys are really getting fired up over the old Shelby/New Shelby subject. Maybe we should all remember what happened to Cart and IRL. If we all get wrapped up in which cars are real Shelby’s then I think we are forgetting why we bought our cars in the first place. We do this because we really enjoy these cars. The old cars are never going to be technical equivalents to the new cars and the new cars are never going to be as rare as the old cars.

I think what is missing in all of this talk is does Team Shelby want to have the responsibility of managing the entire Shelby car production registry. I’m hoping that how ever this works out, everyone involved understands that the long term protection of the Shelby line is important to many of us.

Remember -- it's about the cars...

I own 2 other Shelby's and sorry, I want my car's info. exactly where its at now!

I have a 67 and a 68 SHELBY registered with SAAC and my 2007 SHELBY GT I registered with SHELBY AUTOS in March 2007. I would not have it any other way. and contrary to Popular belief, I support an end to the Strife between the two Organizations! It is NO Fun!! :banghead:

I have a 67 and a 68 SHELBY registered with SAAC and my 2007 SHELBY GT I registered with SHELBY AUTOS in March 2007. I would not have it any other way. and contrary to Popular belief, I support an end to the Strife between the two Organizations! It is NO Fun!! :banghead:

Ok then,let's stop.Everyone is welcome here but the bashing has got to stop.The more it happens the worse the feelings.I went to the SAAC site and (and am a member)said what I had to say and that was that.Everyone has an opinion on this subject but it has to end at an opinion,period.Everyone is strong on their beliefs and we can't change one another.You can't come into Shelby's house and bash him,Amy or anyone else here.I don't like to delete peoples posts but the personal attacks are not welcome.If you want it to stop then stop it.Thanks for your time.Lets enjoy the cars and let's share our feelings towards the cars.

I think the majority of us are all saying the same thing. The cars built based on Carroll Shelby’s vision are what the car enthusiast enjoys.

Anyone that is lucky enough to have a car that has the name of Shelby attached to it, whether old, new, CSX, GT500, Dodge, replica etc. should all be happy to be part of an elite family of passionate owners who respect the Shelby name and the Man :)

All registries should stay intact so that you can list your Shelby where ever you feel it is appropriate however, it would be great if those entries would also feed into some sort of main list that is available to everyone.

Shelbys are over rated. :hysterical:

Oh yeah? Well Snoopy is overrated too! :hysterical2::headspin::redcard:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I own a 2007 GT500 and yes the name of Shelby is on the car. I feel very lucky to be able to own a car that Carrol was a paert of and bears his name. I also love the old Shelbys also and have a deep respect for them. I am just glad to be part of the family and I hope everyone feels like I do. Thank you Carrol for investing your time once again in the new s197 mustang. I drive mine with pride!!!!!!

Archived