TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Floor Jack for home

colt

Any suggestion as to where and what maker to get for a floor jack. It need to be light and capable to handle the weight of my Shelby GT500.

I bought a low profile (2-3/4") 2-ton floor jack from Napa over a year ago and really like it a lot. I tried to post a link to the one I bought but their web site won't allow you to accesss their floor jacks from a link???

This should get you to Napa's web site, click on the "Parts/Accessories" drop down and select "Search By Speciality Catalogs" to go to their tool and equipment catalog; the model I bought is Napa part #NLE 7916402, I paid $220 plus tax for it a year ago and ordered it through my local Napa store so I wouldn't have to pay the freight.

http://www.napaonline.com//MasterPages/NOL...aspx?PageId=100

Low profile is the way to go and 2-ton capacity is plenty enough for most automotive work.

Good luck with it,

WP

I bought a low profile (2-3/4") 2-ton floor jack from Napa over a year ago and really like it a lot. I tried to post a link to the one I bought but their web site won't allow you to accesss their floor jacks from a link???

This should get you to Napa's web site, click on the "Parts/Accessories" drop down and select "Search By Speciality Catalogs" to go to their tool and equipment catalog; the model I bought is Napa part #NLE 7916402, I paid $220 plus tax for it a year ago and ordered it through my local Napa store so I wouldn't have to pay the freight.

http://www.napaonline.com//MasterPages/NOL...aspx?PageId=100

Low profile is the way to go and 2-ton capacity is plenty enough for most automotive work.

Good luck with it,

WP

Thanks for inf. I will check it out.

Any suggestion as to where and what maker to get for a floor jack. It need to be light and capable to handle the weight of my Shelby GT500.

I have two aluminum racing floor jacks (1.5 tone & 2 ton) that I purchased from Harbor Freight Tools that work pretty good. They are fairly inexpensive when on sale.

I saw an Aluminum 3 ton floor jack at Costco today for $140 - looked really heavy-duty.

I would like to get one. On Friday I got the jack from Sears that have intergrate jackstand cost of $241 out the door.

Might be a pretty good idea - sometimes I find myself wishing I could place a jackstand right where I was lifting the car.

I picked this aluminum racing jack up at Harbor Freight 5 years ago. Still works great.

It goes down around 3".

That's the same one I have - I got it for something like $79. I also have its big brother - the 2 ton model. Both look like quality gear.

I just received the latest Habor Freight flyer today. In it they have the 2-ton aluminum racing jack for $149.99 that's shown in the following site:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdi...e=FLOOR%20JACKS

The flyer also includes a 15% coupon for any single item - not bad for $127.49. I'd buy it but I already have one - works pretty good.

I just received the latest Habor Freight flyer today. In it they have the 2-ton aluminum racing jack for $149.99 that's shown in the following site:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdi...e=FLOOR%20JACKS

The flyer also includes a 15% coupon for any single item - not bad for $127.49. I'd buy it but I already have one - works pretty good.

That weighs 45 po :banghead: unds. Must come from the same DNA as our Mustangs.

I saw an Aluminum 3 ton floor jack at Costco today for $140 - looked really heavy-duty.

I saw this one today, it does look pretty nice made by Alcan, I would of got this one but I already have the steel version I bought three years ago at Costco. :banghead:

Home Depot has one they brought in just for the Holidays and it comes with 2 nice jack stands, I think it is $129. Looked very nice, I might get one and I already have one. Mine is very heavy, not aluminum. Worth checking out, it is not on-line, just a one time buy for the holiday's.

Archived