TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cleaning convertible top

Cali_KR

Hello,

Any input on the best way to clean and protect the top on the convertible. This car will always be garaged.

Thanx in advance.

Much like the "Which product do you use to detail you car" question, you'll get a few differing opinions on this. I use 303 Products cleaner and fabric guard. As it shows in the link, they are recommended by Sunbrella for use on all their outdoor fabrics. Sunbrella makes some of the best outdoor fabrics, so that was good enough for me.

for light touch up on the top....I take a roll of 2" blue masking tape, roll it in a circle about twice the size of my hand, with the adhesive facing out. tape it to make a circle, then roll it with my hand over the top. It really removes lint and dust well, and nothing left behind.

for light touch up on the top....I take a roll of 2" blue masking tape, roll it in a circle about twice the size of my hand, with the adhesive facing out. tape it to make a circle, then roll it with my hand over the top. It really removes lint and dust well, and nothing left behind.

I try to avoid blue balls.

I do what the OEM and owners guide states. Clean with soap and water, let dry. I do not think you need to add anything else, more so if garage kept. Just my .02 And as for the lint, rather than mess with tape, you can buy a cheap link brush (works like tape) and will work the same. I do not towel dry, and have no lint.

Archived