TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian's with Build Dates Yet??

07 Shelby Cobra

I'm being told by my Sales Guy that the first 2 of their 15 cars have been serialized. Since I'm #11 it will be a while for me.

JD

I feel your pain, I'm #10 and with my luck it will be delivered mid-February in the middle of a snowstorm... if that happens I'll probably have it piggy-backed to my house with a cover on it so it doesn't get road salt all over it before I park it till spring.

I got a note from my dealer confirming the 1/month delivery schedule, although they will get that verified from the factory when deliveries start at the end of June.

I feel your pain, I'm #10 and with my luck it will be delivered mid-February in the middle of a snowstorm... if that happens I'll probably have it piggy-backed to my house with a cover on it so it doesn't get road salt all over it before I park it till spring.

I got a note from my dealer confirming the 1/month delivery schedule, although they will get that verified from the factory when deliveries start at the end of June.

Smoothy,

Something just doesn't sound right about that 1 a month thing to me. I'm hoping it's wrong but I'm preparing a covered trailer for the same situation you mentioned. I would think Ford would build every GT500 on order (since there already sold) before building anything else.

JD

Hey Guys, are there any Canadians out there with VINs and or Build Dates yet?

I'm supposed to receive in July, but so far no VIN or Build. :shrug:

I can`t believe the 1 a month thing But who knows just have to wait & see.Iwould hope we would know by next week .

Shelby 001

Here is a thread discussing the production rates for the cars from the guys that actually assemble them: http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=1148

To sum it up, they can only make 6 Shelbys/hour and when you think how many dealerships are getting them (especially in the US where everyone gets at least 1 car) the 1/month scenario doesn't seem too far out. They can't do 100% Shelby on this production line either, as they also assemble all the other flavours of Mustangs as well as the Mazda 6. Ah well, if I have to wait, I have to wait, still kinda sucky though :(

Here is a thread discussing the production rates for the cars from the guys that actually assemble them: http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=1148

To sum it up, they can only make 6 Shelbys/hour and when you think how many dealerships are getting them (especially in the US where everyone gets at least 1 car) the 1/month scenario doesn't seem too far out. They can't do 100% Shelby on this production line either, as they also assemble all the other flavours of Mustangs as well as the Mazda 6. Ah well, if I have to wait, I have to wait, still kinda sucky though :(

Where in Ottawa are you???

My wife and I moved to Kelowna, B.C. from Ottawa 10 years ago.

I grew up in Kanata.

KingCobra.

Where in Ottawa are you???

My wife and I moved to Kelowna, B.C. from Ottawa 10 years ago.

I grew up in Kanata.

KingCobra.

I actually live in Stittsville, although I work in Kanata- makes it easy to get to the Sens games and quick to get home after too. Im buying from Campbell Ford (Carling and the Queensway) nice folks there and the only SVT dealership in a good distance (have to go to T.O or Montreal for the next-closest)

I actually live in Stittsville, although I work in Kanata- makes it easy to get to the Sens games and quick to get home after too. Im buying from Campbell Ford (Carling and the Queensway) nice folks there and the only SVT dealership in a good distance (have to go to T.O or Montreal for the next-closest)

What are you ordering???

Are you a long timer in Ottawa???

KingCobra.

What are you ordering???

Are you a long timer in Ottawa???

KingCobra.

Moved up here in '88 to go to Carleton, just kinda hung around since then :) What pushed you out west, work?

I'm ordering a vista blue w/ white coupe, when I gave my choice to the dealer, I was the only one to that point to pick that combo, so I might end up being a one-of-a-kind in town :bandance:

No it doesn't - just dealer info, priority, order date and type, Flat Rock assembly, VIN, and the order codes.

the only reference to buid date is 'SCHD TBD' as of May 17/06.

hmm, at the very bottom it says there is a 2 U.S gallon fuel charge ... just enough to get it started and to the dealer, eh?

Hi Smoothy, I am also in Stittsville, and co-incidentally also number 10 on Campbells list? Did they punch the date and timestamp on your vehicle purchase agreement from their punchclock when they took your deposit? I was also told at the time of my deposit that they were expecting an allotment of 12 GT500's but were trying to get that number increased.

(I still haven't figured out how to move my map marker on the Frappr map yet!)

Hi Smoothy, I am also in Stittsville, and co-incidentally also number 10 on Campbells list? Did they punch the date and timestamp on your vehicle purchase agreement from their punchclock when they took your deposit? I was also told at the time of my deposit that they were expecting an allotment of 12 GT500's but were trying to get that number increased.

(I still haven't figured out how to move my map marker on the Frappr map yet!)

hrmph i guess they have some explaining to do. Sorry I don't have my purchase agreement with me (I'm at work) so I can't tell you the time/date on it. I'll call my salesperson and ask her if she can confirm my place# and purchase date.

EDIT: Just talked with Andy the sales manager, I'm #9 on the list, he has some meetings coming up to confirm delivery schedules so he didn't want to lead anyone down the garden path by moving from the last word he had which was 1/month. He will let all of us prospectives know when he gets the formal delivery schedule.

Mine is stamped April 5, at 20:00 something... I am pretty confident that they will make their customer comittments as far as units go, at least for those that they took deposits from. Have you heard anything from your sales guy on pricing? This is the bit that leaves me less than confident.

hrmph i guess they have some explaining to do. Sorry I don't have my purchase agreement with me (I'm at work) so I can't tell you the time/date on it. I'll call my salesperson and ask her if she can confirm my place# and purchase date.

EDIT: Just talked with Andy the sales manager, I'm #9 on the list, he has some meetings coming up to confirm delivery schedules so he didn't want to lead anyone down the garden path by moving from the last word he had which was 1/month. He will let all of us prospectives know when he gets the formal delivery schedule.

Thanks for the info, did he say anything to you about pricing?

I have the number one car at a Waterloo, Ontario SVT dealer. I have VIN but no build date yet...

Markham :

Where are you fron North Carolina or Waterloo Ont. Canada??????????????

If its Waterloo I can help drive any of your cars At anytime.

Shelby 001

Guest markham51

Markham :

Where are you fron North Carolina or Waterloo Ont. Canada??????????????

If its Waterloo I can help drive any of your cars At anytime.

Shelby 001

Actually its Waterloo. I spend the winter in NC where my daughter and her family live.

Got it today!

VIN 1ZVHT88SX75209884

Build Date 06/26/2006

Order # B510

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Congratulations: `07 Shelby

This is good news for all of us in Canada ,I was begining to wonder if they had forgot about us reading all the vin # posted in the States.

Got it today!

VIN 1ZVHT88SX75209884

Build Date 06/26/2006

Order # B510

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Congratulations! Now that your obvisouly have the process figured out can you please tell the rest of us what the secret password/handshake/magic words you used on your dealer to get that info?

Thanks!

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived