TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quality Hold on GT500s

Snake-Bit

Placed order for a Shelby GT500 and was given a ETA date of 11/20 - but car is still not delivered. Upon calling Ford customer care and getting transfered to different departments I was told that all Shelbys were put on qulaity hold :banghead::redcard::stop:

They could not give me any idea of when this hold will be removed.

She said it could be 1 day or 30 days - they had no idea. :doh:

Has anyone else received this same status???

I find it amazing how little information I can get from Ford.

I seem to always get the run around and different information depending on who I talk to.

At one time I was told the car has shipped :happy feet: then today I find out it is still at the :censored: plant.

Does anyone know what is going on at the Ford assembly plant or how I can get accurate information?

Placed order for a Shelby GT500 and was given a ETA date of 11/20 - but car is still not delivered. Upon calling Ford customer care and getting transfered to different departments I was told that all Shelbys were put on qulaity hold :banghead::redcard::stop:

I seem to always get the run around and different information depending on who I talk to.

At one time I was told the car has shipped :happy feet: then today I find out it is still at the :censored: plant.

Does anyone know what is going on at the Ford assembly plant or how I can get accurate information?

Hang in there Snake -Bit this happened to me & what I could find out was they do a random check on the car for Quality & it usually is only a day, Unless they have definately have found a problem . GOOD LUCK

Snake bit;

I also placed an order about two weeks ago for what my dealer told me was a build slot in Jan and they told me that the car is currently on "material hold" so I odn't know if that has any relation to what you are experiencing.

I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me with more info.

Snake bit;

I also placed an order about two weeks ago for what my dealer told me was a build slot in Jan and they told me that the car is currently on "material hold" so I odn't know if that has any relation to what you are experiencing.

I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me with more info.

GT500 are ALWAYS on material hold until they are pulled. my car was going to be pulled about 2 weeks after it was ordered and the whole time it was on material hold until sch.

i had a car released from the plant TODAY. this car has been built for about 1 week. spoke with the plant last week and they didnt say anything about Quality Hold.

michael morris

My car had a build date of 11/26..it went into production on 11/26 and was still there on 11/27.

Today we reach "RELEASED TO SHIPPING" WOO HOO..I should have it by the ETA of 12/16...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Didn't encounter any quality or material hold.

Matt

Merry Christmas and best wishes to you on your purchase.

My car had a build date of 11/26..it went into production on 11/26 and was still there on 11/27.

Today we reach "RELEASED TO SHIPPING" WOO HOO..I should have it by the ETA of 12/16...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Matt

Yes Sir...no hold on mine... Built 11/27 Released 11/28 Shipped and Received by local dealer 11/29 ...will take car home tomorrow! :happy feet: :shift: BTW it was bumped from 11/19 to 11/26 with no reason given.

Doc

Matt

Congrats Matt - you'll love the car when it arrives.

HSURB

GT500 are ALWAYS on material hold until they are pulled. my car was going to be pulled about 2 weeks after it was ordered and the whole time it was on material hold until sch.

i had a car released from the plant TODAY. this car has been built for about 1 week. spoke with the plant last week and they didnt say anything about Quality Hold.

michael morris

I posted the same thing to him MM the first time he asked the question.

I guess he didn't believe me.

Yeah, I just got bucked....should I report that to the police? :hysterical:

BUT- my est. delivery is now a week later than originally given- 12/27...

So I guess Santa could not fit it in his sleigh.... :hysterical2:

In other local news- My sales person called, and said they just got a Red w/ white stripe vert in, and to come check it out, so I did that last night...

I guess the buyer isn't big on using the internet, or someone here would be goin crazy...its a nice car...

They also just bought out some other dealer, and in the car shipment they received a metallic w/ black stripe coupe. I was never big on that color combination, but seeing it in person...WOW :rockon: It already looks like a classic!

They want 10k over right now, so :redcard:

Snake-Bit,

I just got an answer on your car. read the following message

Hi HotRod, This unit was returned by one of our inspectors in the transit yard, he noticed a small bubble in the tape stripe, it is being re-striped. Should ship by rail next week, it's about a 7 to 10 day trip to Indiana depending on stops.

i would not be concerned if ford has to hold up cars because of quality.they have done a fantastic job keeping the quality exceptional.

i have over 19,000 miles on my 07 gt500 now and have never had a warranty issue.

Snake-Bit,

I just got an answer on your car. read the following message

Hi HotRod, This unit was returned by one of our inspectors in the transit yard, he noticed a small bubble in the tape stripe, it is being re-striped. Should ship by rail next week, it's about a 7 to 10 day trip to Indiana depending on stops.

Those trips to Indiana are loooooong. :hysterical2:

I just wanted to post a public "thanks" to ColdwaterHotrod. When I saw his offer to check out the material hold for snake-bit, I PM'd him a request to check mine as well. He gave me an update the next day that it's just awaiting room on a truck and it should be here next week. The down side to ordering a car just the way you want it is the tortureous wait. I really appreciate the help on this, hotrod, and all the great information all the forum users pass along. The count-down is on!

I just wanted to post a public "thanks" to ColdwaterHotrod. When I saw his offer to check out the material hold for snake-bit, I PM'd him a request to check mine as well. He gave me an update the next day that it's just awaiting room on a truck and it should be here next week. The down side to ordering a car just the way you want it is the tortureous wait. I really appreciate the help on this, hotrod, and all the great information all the forum users pass along. The count-down is on!

Coldwaterhotrod is a great guy.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

P.S. After you have 10 posts, I will change my opinion of :cold::hysterical2:

Thanks for the welcome, Alloy Dave. I'll guess I'll have to show my ignorance and ask what the little square face means. Also, I commiserated (sp?) over Alloy and Red before ordering and finally settled on Red. I was tempted over and over to call and change it but stuck with the red. The alloy is especially attractive with some of the available wheels out there, like the color matching Razor's. Great choice.

Thanks for the welcome, Alloy Dave. I'll guess I'll have to show my ignorance and ask what the little square face means. Also, I commiserated (sp?) over Alloy and Red before ordering and finally settled on Red. I was tempted over and over to call and change it but stuck with the red. The alloy is especially attractive with some of the available wheels out there, like the color matching Razor's. Great choice.

Sorry... the :cold: "square face" is the icon we use for our friend...ColdwaterHotRod. His nickname is "Coldy", so it fits well.

As for the Red, good color choice...until you get 10 posts. :hysterical:

I again want to thank Coldwaterhotrod for providing me with the update.

This waiting is terrible.... but waiting a few more days to get any problems fixed is worth it.

I was hoping to get the car before Christmas, looks like it will be very close!

I have been lurking around this site for months, the people here are awsome. After reading thousands of posts, I feel like I know many of the people here. I will feel like more of a true "member" of this community when my Shelby arrives.

Thanks again to all of you that make this site enjoyable and valuable.

I again want to thank Coldwaterhotrod for providing me with the update.

This waiting is terrible.... but waiting a few more days to get any problems fixed is worth it.

I was hoping to get the car before Christmas, looks like it will be very close!

I have been lurking around this site for months, the people here are awsome. After reading thousands of posts, I feel like I know many of the people here. I will feel like more of a true "member" of this community when my Shelby arrives.

Thanks again to all of you that make this site enjoyable and valuable.

:cold: You da man :yup:

You must have been a good person this year & Santa likes you :hysterical:

here is the reply I got back a few minutes ago.......

"Their Shelby is on a choo-choo in Illinois as we speak, it passed through Buffalo, Illinois this morning at 9:12 CT. ETA to final railpoint is 12/13."

MERRY CHRISTMAS

our cars are on the same CHOO CHOO train!!! :happy feet:

michael morris

Archived