TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question...

JETSOLVER

One of the other forums I follow for tech had a consistently accurate poster suggest that the gang at SVT are pushing hard for the modified Al. block for the car. It would come from Australia and that would require a heck of a lot less cars built, but approx. 120 lbs wieght savings of the front end. I gotta wonder if those folks heck bent on SHELBY(as opposed to SVT) are willing to pay the est. markup on a lower production car and enjoy a real world benefit or they just want a SHELBY to show off? I stand on spend the money on performance stuff and keep the gingerbread to a minimum, but I realize that a lot of customers come from the other camp. So are you interested in the car for it's percieved value or would the cost savings from using(as a suggestion) the standard trunk with the brake light precluding the SHELBY lettering to offset the cost of say an Aluminum block and lower production? Yep had a day but looking ahead to the day when I change a couple of ricer kids world when they tell they're buddys they were just freaked out by how fast a REAL COBRA; (GT500) discarded them then braked,took a turn like in a video game and went through a playgrond zone at LESS than the speed limit out of utter contempt for the 2F2F world they(It's a problem) live in. ( I know I shouldn't have but some of these cars are getting pretty serious)

I like you would rather have the weight savings and extra power.I don't even plan on getting stripes. Having said that the only thing I would like to see stay is the name on the back. I wouldn't even care if it was smaller like the Bullitt or the Mach. Other than that it's all good.

It would be worth it if they make enough for me to buy one. If it seriously limits production, then I guess the answer would be no. Why can't they make the thing w/AL block and a prod. rate of 7-10k units? C'mon....they are FORD, damnit!!!!!

oops....I misplaced my twin-screw....it's around here somewhere... :blink:

Archived