TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT Droptop but which color combo...need opinions please

BeBeep

I am getting ready to order a 2007 GT Convertible and have already decided which options I want. My only problem is that I cannot decide on the color combination. I originally wanted Torch Red with the Red interior but now Ford offers the Grabber Orange color. I love the musclecars from the late 60’s and early 70’s so the Grabber Orange would be cool and retro but a sports car looks great in Red also.

I plan to install a black chin spoiler, Shaker Hood with black stripes, Ducktail Spoiler, and Black Honeycomb tail panel. Just some additional info for decision making purposes.

I realize it will be my car and I should not care what others like but I want your opinions. What color combination would you go for and why?

Thanks,

Bob

I realize it will be my car and I should not care what others like but I want your opinions. What color combination would you go for and why?

Thanks,

Bob

I ordered the Grabber Orange because anyone who had a Hot Wheels from the early 70's will remember them and because I feel that the other colors are kind of ho-hum to me. I like the non-traditional colors because I like the wow effect. My father also was a body shop dude so I tend to put more emphasis on the enamel than most people do. That kind of leaves the interior for black.

My advice also about ordering an '07 vert, is to get it in manual, with the 3.55 axle ratio, and with the cloth top.

I am getting ready to order a 2007 GT Convertible and have already decided which options I want. My only problem is that I cannot decide on the color combination. I originally wanted Torch Red with the Red interior but now Ford offers the Grabber Orange color. I love the musclecars from the late 60’s and early 70’s so the Grabber Orange would be cool and retro but a sports car looks great in Red also.

I plan to install a black chin spoiler, Shaker Hood with black stripes, Ducktail Spoiler, and Black Honeycomb tail panel. Just some additional info for decision making purposes.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob

I initially ordered my Shelby in the Graber Orange. After actually seeing pictures of the Graber color. Looking at all the pictures. I came to the conclusion that the Graber Orange was more of a burnt Orange instead of the darker Competition Orange I thought it was.

I opted for the ALLOY.

On my 05 it was a toss up between Sonic Blue and Torch Red. Of course I went with the Torch Red with the red interior. I have done most of those modification you are talking about . Here are some pictures of my retro Mach 1 69 / 05 convertible. Good luck in your choice.

bill

p.s. I should have done the edging and yard work before I took the pictures. LOL

post-4943-1148927068_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927087_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927106_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927145_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927180_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927068_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927087_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927106_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927145_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148927180_thumb.jpg

Archived